Who build the pyramids?

Who build the Pyramids

• the ancient Egyptians (Khufu, Chafre, Menkaure)

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • the Atlantian's ancestors

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • the Atlantian's ancestors with the help of the Egyptians.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • someone else

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amenhotep IV

Great Pharaoh
There has been a lot of rumours about who had biuld the Pyramids in Gizeh and everybody has encountered at least one theory. The teories are different: some believe that Pyramids were build by the 4th dynasty pharaohs (Khufu, Chafre, Menkaure) others think that this did the Aliens (we will not speak about that, no Danikan fans, please), and there is one theory that tries to prove that the Pyramids, the Sphinx were build much more earlier than we learn on history lessons.
It all dates back to ~10.500 BC were the Earth suffered from changing climate and many tremendous natural disasters. This teory says that these severe changes forced the most outside layer of the Earth to move so that the Antarctica moved closer (in fact - to the center) of the South Pole, while earlier the northern lands were closer to North, I mean - had climate quite similar to this in Europe, which enabled a civilization there to develop. These could be the Antlantis, mentioned by Plato. They were not as advanced to build nukes etc. (just joking), but enough to build ships to travel across the oceans. They knew America, Africa, Asia... at least the coasts. (see: Piri Reis map from 1517 AD, which show the SA and Antarctica coast - he didn't take this knowledge from the Europeans cerainly ;).
While the climate was changing they were forced to flee from they homeland and spread out throughout the world. Not many survived (including Noe from the Bible). And this theory says that they could be the people who build the Sphinx and could also have built the Pyramids, which proves their obsession to numbers, astronomy, etc. E.g the layout of the Pyramids on the Gizeh plateau is 100% the same as the layout of stars in Orion. They are build ideally south-north and west-east, the Shafts (?) of the King's Chamber are oriented directly to certain stars from the 10500 BC's sky, etc. Similar proofs can be found in Tiahuanaco, Angkor, Eastern Islands, etc. The Sphinx has trails of erosion coused by heavy rain... which was last experienced in Egypt several tousends years ago. You can read more about that on http://www.robertbauval.com http://www.world-mysteries.com and on related sites.
Personaly, I'm not totally for this theory, but it looks quite interesting :) What do you think about it? Could the ancient Egyptians be able to build such a complicated structure and then completely forget about all the knowledge needed to construct it?
The Pyramids weren't certainly biuld only (did they really?) as the tombs for anyone. So what were they build for? Why? :egypt:

Martians.

i go w/ martians who helped the Atlantians, whose decendents were egyptian pharahos

I think the Pyramids were not built at all but are ancient geological formations that pre-date humanity which resulted from unusual tectonic activity in the earth's crust. The earliest Egyptians began to quarry stone from them leaving the distinct stair like shape. Later generations of early Egyptians thought these quarries looked cool and hollowed out sections inside of them and used them as tombs for their kings. Over time legends grew that they had acctually been constructed by the Pharaohs.

:lol:

Ah, revisionist history. Doing its best to ignore reality.

The Egyptians built the pyramids. It is entirely conceivable that there were outside influences, but limited at best. The design is quite obvious.

Originally posted by stalin006
i go w/ martians who helped the Atlantians, whose decendents were egyptian pharahos

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Egyptians easily. ;)

Originally posted by Vrylakas
Ah, revisionist history. Doing its best to ignore reality.

The Egyptians built the pyramids. It is entirely conceivable that there were outside influences, but limited at best. The design is quite obvious.
Considering that the Mayans, Incas and Aztecs also built pyramids much later than the Egyptians, the chance for "outside influence" becomes vanishingly small.

However, some folks need revisionist history.:hmm:

The egyptians built the Pyramids, who built the Sphinx is another question... As I too, have read that it is much older than the Pyramids - IMO it's also another style than other egyptian art-works.

But; who was the egyptians really? I believe I have read that this ancient people have been mixed with other populations over the centuries and that there are almost no blood-lines left of the original egyptians.... Offcourse I could be totally wrong here....

I remember seeing a Discovery channel programme about the possiblity of the "Atlantians" mentioned here and it showed the connections betweens various civilizations, esp astronomy related, which all pointed to a single advanced civilization, which seemed to have influenced them all.

So it is not all BS and could be possible that the people of an Atlantis-like civilization may have influenced the construction of the Pyramid.

A Viking-Zulu construction alliance working in conjunction with Sparticus, and mexico.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by allhailIndia
I remember seeing a Discovery channel programme about the possiblity of the "Atlantians" mentioned here and it showed the connections betweens various civilizations, esp astronomy related, which all pointed to a single advanced civilization, which seemed to have influenced them all.

So it is not all BS and could be possible that the people of an Atlantis-like civilization may have influenced the construction of the Pyramid.

I've seen it too and it was, to some extent, convincing. However, many clues are just assumptions, although clever... but still assumptions :crazyeye: We'll have to wait for some material and undeniably convincing proofs... Many believe that what is behind the door (is there really anything?) found in King's Chamber will answer some questions... but I can't understand why didn't the Egyptians authorities allow to continue the quest in 1993 and then Sept'02... :(
So, what I think: Sphinx was not built around 2500BC, but who built it then? :crazyeye: As for Pyramids, I'm really clueless.

In my last game, the French beat me to it by one round. :cry:

Why not just say that it was the Egyptians? Why does it have to be someone else? I don't see why it couldn't have been the Egyptians and why they had to have some outside influence. As for aliens and Atlanteans...well, I don't know, it seems rather groundless.

If Plato wasn't simply inventing his own illustration (my own opinion, based on the fact that it wouldn't be the first time he had done so), then I suspect he'd probably be righting about the Cretans. After a few thousand years, records of Minoan lifestyle would have been quite sketchy indeed. It seems like there is nothing that Atlantis suffered that Crete did not. However, I sincerely doubt that the Cretans or their ancestors had much to do with building the Sphinx!

From what I remember from Geology lessons, the african plate is moving north into the mediterranian basin not south that is part fo the reason there are so many quakes in turkey.
If the pyramids were built whilst Egypt was positioned else where then the Orion constelation wont line up with the shafts in the great pyramid.I dont think that it lines up today anyway because of the movement of the solar system.

Ummmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ahmenhotep lV do away with Horus worship (horus was associated with the orion constellation, how I cant remember) and only allowed worship of Aten the sun god?

the ancient egyptians did not build the pyramids, 100,000 anonymous slaves built them while the egyptians watched

Originally posted by pawpaw
the ancient egyptians did not build the pyramids, 100,000 anonymous slaves built them while the egyptians watched
Actually recent excavations have shown that there were no slaves involved and ALL the workers were Egyptians who volunteered and the numbers were around 15000-20000, and not much more:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom