1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who declares war on Pleased?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by GhostWriter16, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Thalatta

Thalatta Imperialistic

Who doesn't?

Oh wait, you're asking about AI.

:mischief:

2. Barney's_Soul

Barney's_Soul Warlord

Pretty sure AI only demand tribute at caucious or below. So someone shouldn't be surprised if they get DOWED on after refusing a tribute demand :p

3. CaterpillarKing

CaterpillarKing Conqueror of Cacoons

Anyone who even remotely likes me is almost always far away so I have no need to declare war. Everyone who is near me hates me for just being so awesome. :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

4. TheSunIsDark

TheSunIsDark Settled Great Scientist

I declare war at Pleased. And Friendly, unless someone asks me to do it.

5. Barney's_Soul

Barney's_Soul Warlord

I know this isn't on topic, but in my current game, Shaka got the Pyramids (!!!) and immieitly went Police State. Now he's got 2 vassals, and some of the AI's are scared to war with him >_>

Never thought he'd get the Pyramids lol (never saw a warlike civ get it ala Monty/Ragnar etc)

On topic, surprised that Willium DOWs at pleased. He seems so passive o.o

6. Dave_uk

Dave_uk Chieftain

The same thing happened to me once, Shaka was one of my neighbours and built the pyramids and switched to police state and then completely crushed me. It was a Legends of Revolution game with start as minors, so we started at war and I couldn't convince him not to destroy me after I could conduct diplomacy.

Shaka does build wonders sometimes (he has a WonderConstructRand of 10%), with the pyramids and police state he actually become pretty unstoppable.

Willem on the other hand doesn't seem to build much of a military, so even if he'd declare at pleased he rarely has enough of an army to do anything with. I never see him do well at anything really though in all the games I've seen him in.

7. Skipity

Skipity Chieftain

I remember when I use to care about relationship before declaring. Now it's "Who's Closest and strongest."

8. Lennier

Lennier Emperor

Why not "closest and weakest?"

9. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Because you want to eliminate your strongest opponents first, as they're the more likely contestants for the win.

Moreover, on high level play you usually beeline a superior unit (cuirassiers, cannons) which allow you to mop up the hordes of that 'strongest' opponent easily; if they'd have been at tech-parity, that would be much harder.

10. Tatran

Tatran Deity

Don't forget the leaders (like Suleiman and De Gaulle) who can be bribed to DoW you at pleased, but won't plot against you at pleased.