1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

who do you feel guilty about destroying?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by paralistalon, Aug 22, 2014.

1. SpartyParty

SpartyParty Chieftain

I have no clue why, but Venice, the guy is creepy, but the background is awesome

2. MrDumpstertrash

MrDumpstertrash Chieftain

Genghis Khan was incredibly friendly with me. I traded all of my luxes for all of his gold and used it to frigate spam. When I declared war on him I've never been so upset with myself in my life. He was so angry and offended with me.. I don't think that I'll ever be friends with him again so I will never have to back stab him again.

3. dasaard200

dasaard200 Prince

Guilt in a GAME ???; HA !!, bugs under steamroller .

4. darkskies

darkskies Warlord

I used to feel that way, the other players were just a collection of subroutines, but then I realized that was limiting my enjoyment, now I get annoyed when the AI players do stupid things that remind me there is no human on the other end.

5. werothegreat

werothegreat Warlord

Normally I have zero desire to warmonger at all, but in my last game (King diff), Boudicca decided to drop a Citadel next to my border. No biggie, didn't lose anything valuable. Then she drops another. I lose two Chateaux. Then she drops ANOTHER.

I captured Edinburgh with extreme celerity and prejudice and felt absolutely no remorse.

6. Ryoga

Ryoga King

I wouldn't say that I actually feel guilty but of course there's a difference between conquering cities of a bordering civ that just decided to do the same with me (You wanted to conquer me?! Think again, smartass!) and another civ who just happens to stand in the way of my victory.

Sometimes I reluctantly conquers civs simply because they are doomed to be captured by a ruthless leader bent on world domination (I mean someone other than me). In that case, nothing personal, but I can't allow them to become too powerful, and if you need to get conquered anyway... that better be by me.

Even so it's kinda bad to beat a dead horse. Ideally I take the role of "peacekeeper" using my army to keep the "status quo" and preventing anyone from conquering anyone else (when I have already the biggest territory), but that's only possible when my army is absolutely unrivaled. When there's a CIV that is as strong or stronger than me, then I have no choice but becoming stronger myself by conquering the weaker ones.

7. sh3baproject

sh3baproject Warlord

in my games, valeta (a cs) is always conquered by someone for no reson. just happens to have bad luck. in one game i played i spawned close to it and decided to invade it so that it would go out quickly and painlessly out of pity.

8. Mic112

Mic112 Chieftain

Its a tie between Venice and Celts. Venice because Venice is literally the only civ i can trust wont try to kill me, also if another civ takes Venice I just liberate the 1 city for major anti warmonger value. Celts because Im weird and I think their leader is attractive. Lol, Ill just do my thing and she'll try to bully me/get me to do what she wants and the moment I dont do exactly what she wants, or even if I do, she declares war on me and I usually just end up eradicating her. Its sad because I just want to be her friend but shes just so stupid so in every game I play with her she has to die.

9. Foffaren

Foffaren King

I can sometimes feel a little guilty taking out the warmonger civs such as Monty, Ghengis or Shaka. As long as they're on the other side of the world they don't care when I burn my half to the ground.
    Now, if they're right next to me they burn with the rest.
    I don't play peaceful anymore. Not since I started playing multiplayer.

10. OBRkenobi

OBRkenobi Chieftain

venice just cause thier leader looks old and sad i always accept thier offers i cant help it :p

11. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Doctor of Funk

You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet. :D

12. kingfish101

kingfish101 Prince

I only feel bad when I destroy Venice and Sweden. Everyone else doesn't deserve my sympathy.

13. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Chieftain

"who do you feel guilty about destroying? "
    Noone. I am Green, they are Purple. We must fight until all Purple are dead.

14. Antilogic

Antilogic --

+1 B5 reference point.

15. ixias

ixias Warlord

The only ones I feel guilty about are Venice and Brazil. I used to to feel bad about Gandhi, then he turned into a religious nut and won't let me have my own religion. Favorite Civs to kill? England, Siam, and Greece. Those AI grind my gears.