[NFP] Who do you think will be Vietnam's Leader?

Which Leader do you want to lead Vietnam

• An Duong Vuong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Le Duan

• Ly Nam De

• Ly Nhan Tong

• Mac Thai To

• Minh Mang

• Ngo Quyen

• Tran Anh Tong

• Tran Thanh Tong

• Trieu Da

• Trieu Mat

• Trinh Kiem

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke William of Normandy

King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee
The title says it all. In anticipation of this month's NFP Pack, I have created a poll outlining various Leaders possible for Vietnam. Type out a post explaining who you want to lead Vietnam and why you want them.

I pick Le Loi, Ho Chi Minh, and Nguyen Hue as my choices for potential Leaders of Vietnam.

1: I've watched the AoE2 Cutscenes of the Le Loi Campaign, and I love this guy, and he's my first choice for Vietnam. Someone who isn't too controversial a choice, and someone who was historically relevant.

2: Ho Chi Minh I'd probably want for the memes and legacy on the world. Might be a bit too controversial, though.

3: Nguyen Hue is a relatively unknown Leader, but his achievements are enough for him to be a Leader. Overthrew the Later Lê Dynasty and two rival dynasties in the north and south.

Ho Chi Min, probably one of most well known Vietnamese.

Nguyen Hue, resisted China and had a prosperous reign as Emperor.

Tran Hung Dao, beat the Mongols in guerrilla warfare keeping Vietnamese independent.

I voted for:
Le Loi- seems like the most obvious pick and established a new Vietnamese dynasty after repelling the Ming Dynasty from Vietnam.

Tran Hung Dao- Fits the theme of Vietnamese resistance to Mongolia if Kublai Khan is the leader, but less likely than Le Loi.

Trung Trac- Just because Firaxis has had a history of sometimes messing with the community. I wouldn't be surprised. :p

Honorable mention to Ho Chi Minh. The only reason I didn't vote for him because I think he'd be too recent ( and therefore controversial). And Firaxis doesn't always go for well known leaders especially in this game.

Last edited:
I'm gonna vote Joseph Athanase Doumer (other). Actually I'm just being silly, there's no way Firaxis would put in a colonial French leader for Vietnam.

Honestly I have no idea. One of my younger brothers was teaching in Vietnam in 2018 - until COVID hit, when he got evacuated back to Australia with his family. We've spoken about the country, but not about the history, more about the unusual food and general pleasantness of the people there.

I'm gonna vote Joseph Athanase Doumer (other). Actually I'm just being silly, there's no way Firaxis would put in a colonial French leader for Vietnam.
Yeah, the certain controversy is not worth it. Vietnam has such a fantastic history, anyone other than Joseph Athanase Doumer, a colonial governor governing on behalf of France.

Lady Trieu fits because the last 2 Civs may have female leaders (Also she has a cool quote)
Read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Triệu
"I'd like to ride storms, kill sharks in the open sea, drive out the aggressors, reconquer the country, undo the ties of serfdom, and never bend my back to be the concubine of whatever man."

My goodness... Badass confirmed. That sounds like something Haggar would say. If he was female... and Vietnamese...

P.S. No, I don't play the game Haggar's from, I just know of him.

Last edited:
I voted for Lady Trieu, Trung Trac (as part of a Trung sisters dual leader or leader + unique governor) and Other - Y Lan (who in my opinion is the best women leader choice for Vietnam). Y Lan could have a leader ability focused on agriculture, education or religion.
I've never heard of Y Lan before.
After looking her up she does sound interesting and would definitely be a good female pick, at least over Lady Trieu, considering we currently have other queen regents in the game.

I voted for Lady Trieu, Trung Trac (as part of a Trung sisters dual leader or leader + unique governor) and Other - Y Lan (who in my opinion is the best women leader choice for Vietnam). Y Lan could have a leader ability focused on agriculture, education or religion.
I've never heard of Y Lan before.
After looking her up she does sound interesting and would definitely be a good female pick, at least over Lady Trieu, considering we currently have other queen regents in the game.
If they do that, that would be an odd choice, but not the worst option for Firaxis to pick. We'll see... We'll see.

Last edited:
If they do that, that would be an old choice, but not the worst option for Firaxis to pick. We'll see... We'll see.
I assume you mean an odd choice?`
Well we got Catherine and Eleanor of Aquitaine which in the beginning seemed like very odd choices when you compare them to Elizabeth I, Churchill, Napoleon or Louis XIV. :p

I assume you mean an odd choice?`
Well we got Catherine and Eleanor of Aquitaine which in the beginning seemed like very odd choices when you compare them to Elizabeth I, Churchill, Napoleon or Louis XIV. :p
Bloody hell, you're right. How did I mess up that? Anyway, Catherine de Medici, I see as an odd but good choice. Eleanor... I have my problems with.

Yeah, we need more Leaders that have a Unique Governor, but I really can't see Trung Trac as the Leader of Vietnam, considering she's already a Great General.

Last edited:
Yeah, we need more Leaders that have a Unique Governor, but I really can't see Trung Trac as the Leader of Vietnam, considering she's already a Great General.
Even so the leader of Vietnam wouldn't come with a unique governor because R&F or GS isn't needed for the new civs.

Picked Ho Chi Minh, Le Loi and Le Thanh Tong.

It should be noted that Le Loi was also controversial, most notably he launched the uprising under the pretense of re-establishing Tran Dynasty, but then when the uprising was near victory, he secretly killed the claimants to Tran Dynasty throne - the very people he previously claimed to support, so that he could establish the Le Dynasty and making himself king instead.

Edit: and Le Thanh Tong was well known for the genocidal war which he launched against Champa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom