1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you think will NOT be in NFP?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by PhoenicianGold, Sep 14, 2020.

?

Which civs will not be returned, refined, or replaced in NFP?

1. Portugal

30 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Venice (something Italian)

69 vote(s)
    86.3%
  3. Morocco (something Maghrebi)

43 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. Assyria (something Mesopotamian/Levantine)

16 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Shoshone (something western American)

27 vote(s)
    33.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

With the exception of the Hittites being dropped in the transition from III to IV, the civ franchise up until V had never abandoned a civ; with every installment all civs from the prior game were either brought back, refined into a more specific concept (see HRE/Austria, Vikings/Denmark, Polynesia/Maori, Celts/Gaul), or replaced with a comparable substitute (see Mali/Songhai, Khmer/Siam, Denmark/Norway, Austria/Hungary).

At the moment, we have only three slots left in NFP, but five civs which have not been returned, refined, or replaced:

* Portugal
    * Venice
    * Morocco
    * Assyria (Sumeria presumed to replace Babylon atm)
    * Shoshone (Cree/Canada presumed to replace Iroquois atm)

It is impossible for all of them to appear in NFP. What do you think will be cut from NFP, and/or might not make it in the game at all?

(I personally am holding out that DLC 4 will have a completely new civ, leaving us with four of these options left to be filled by a second season. But let's ignore that possibility for the purposes of this poll and presume that both unknown civs are selected from this subset.)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Italy are out, Morocco are out.

Honestly? I expect Portugal to be IN and the native american civ to be out anyway :)

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I feel like Firaxis is holding Portugal and Babylon for another content push after NFP. Venice is also out, as well as any kind of Italian civ.

I do NOT assume that Sumeria is a replacement for Babylon, as they coexisted in Civ IV.

For NFP6, I haven't decided if it's going to be Middle Eastern or Native American.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  4. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Just changed this to three votes. I lost count of how many unrevealed civs we have left: we're down to two lol.

5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

As much as it kills me to say this I think Italy is the least likely due to the Venice reveal and Byzantium and Gaul revelation. It's hard for me to vote for the others because I don't know for sure.
    Portugal still could have a small chance as a standalone DLC because nothing is stopping them from releasing another Europe one if they wanted to.

CivLuvah likes this.
  6. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Portugal is done, Venice, Ireland, Italy, Bulgaria, Morocco, Berber, Swahili, Ashanti, Nok, Benin, Ghana, Argentina, Muisca. General speaking South America, Africa and Europe.

7. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

I fully expect Portugal to be left out of NF. There are only two NF civ slots unaccounted for, which I'm sure will be a Mesopotamian and North American civ.

EDIT: In fact, given the fact that we only have one female leader so far (Lady Six Sky), and the fact that Portugal probably won't be in (which means Babylon also has the potential of being held off), I'd say Puduhepa of the Hittites actually has a pretty decent shot at getting in NF.

8. Haig

Haig Deity

Right now I predict the next three dlc as:
    Portugal (and alternate economy game mode)
    Vietnam
    Babylon

Not having Portugal could mean more chances for the New Frontier Pack 2

9. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Oh yay, a third Anatolian civ! Just want I always wanted! :rolleyes:

8housesofelixir likes this.
  10. onepurpose

onepurpose Chieftain

Portugal will be next DLC, Vietnam in January and something unexpected in March

so...

no Babylon nor Assyria civ (i don't like this)

no NA civ (i'm fine with this)

11. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

If we believe Ethiopiagate is correct, Alternate economy mode comes with Asia pack / Kublai (it also fits).

So, we'll probably have to expect as well military mode (Middle eastern with Assyria or Hitites?)

And it would all depend what the other mode is about, probably. My preference is in North Africa: Berebers, Tunisia (spot left open with levantinization of Carthage),... but i agree Western NA is also a potential slot for the wildcard, and even Portugal might fall in this slot.

12. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

I voted for Portugal, Venice (Italian representation) and Morocco, I think they are saved for a second round of passes.

13. Leucarum

Leucarum King

Italy and Morocco seem like non-starters.

Firaxis I guess weren't sure how well NFP would work when they launched it. So it does make sense that they wanted to leave some more big name civs for a potential next season, even if they didn't know for sure if they were going to do it. If it sold really well it would augur well for them wanting to continue it even if that wasn't neccessarily the original plan.

I suspect Portugal and Babylon fit that bill pretty well... So my guess is an NA first nation, Vietnam, Kublai Khan and Assyria would round out the roster.

14. Luxerne

Luxerne Chieftain

I don't see a second NFP, but I also don't see Portugal being left out. For whatever reason, I can see Sumeria being the only Mesopotamian representation this time around.

So, I'd wager that the two unknown civs are Portugal and a western Native American civ. My hopes are for the Navajo. If Firaxis wanted to, they could give a portion of proceeds from NFP and whichever pack had them in to causes that help support the Navajo Nation today, as they are disproportionately affected by the coronavirus. That would still fit the four new / four returning model of previous expansions. I'd have definitely preferred a new African civ over Gaul, though—Ashanti would've been an easily justified choice for a female leader in Yaa Asantewaa.

15. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I haven't been keeping up with all the talk on here but why are people presuming Portugal to be unlikely now? Is it because we're assuming we've now had both European slots with Gaul and Byzantium, or another reason?

I also dispute the idea that Sumeria are replacing Babylon. Babylon have been in every Civ game to date and I still see them as more likely than Assyria.

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Because the DLC seem to be geographically constrained, and now Europe is covered. North Africa is next and East Asia is after that. The question is whether the final one is Mid East or Native American.

acluewithout likes this.
  17. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I wasn't expecting a North African Civ at all (Morocco or Berbers would be really cool though). East Asia I agree with though; all the evidence points to that in Pack 5. To be honest I still think Portugal could appear next as they're popular enough to stand alone in a single-Civ DLC.

Jkchart and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  18. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

I would like to think that they are holding Portugal hostage for ransom :) I would love to see more DLCs to be honest, considering developing a new Civ game is unrealistic in the current world situation and the prospect of having to play a barebone civ game again is terrible to me.

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I do think that if Pack 4 is North Africa then the chances of a Season 2 are higher, in my opinion.

20. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Diyha's chances do seem substantially higher now that we don't have Theodora/Irene and Portugal really should get a Joao instead of Maria. That leaves one female slot open after Trung Trac. A NA civ would automatically demand that the other civ have a female leader as well.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.