Who else dislikes BTR80's?

gramcrkr103

Warlord
I think they throw a kink in the the whole "realistic unit advancement" since typically in all my games the ai skips the jeep, the early tank, armoured car, and all the WW1 stuff and goes straight from infantry and machine guns, to BTR80's.
Now I have nothing against them, my problem is that they come too early and all the units that are WW1 era are obselete in a flash. Correct me if Im wrong, but they are armoured transports, and I dont remember any armoured carriers in the first or second world war. Now there were half-tracks that carried 10-20 men that the germans used in the WW2, maybe that could be a unit that procedes the BTR80? Or maybe they could be pegged to a later tech (composites?)
I like the WW1 warfare in this game, early fighters, machine guns and early tanks, but it seems that those BTR's put an end to that whole era after a quick and cheap tech.
Anyone else?

Things like this will be looked into v2.9 :) If you notice any other units that are overused or overpowered compared to other same timeline units, let me know so I can tweak them - when mod gets this big, I might not always notice everything myself so it's good to get some solid feedback from others. :)

Top Bottom