Who here has killed acheron lately?

I figured I'd chime in since I just beat the bastard. Playing as the Svartlfar on a Monarch Tiny map, I took Acheron down with a 64 Strength Yvain (Combat V, Drill I, 12 Nature Mana) after softening him up with some Nyxkins. Afterward I used the rest of my Nyxkin to soften the Sons and Killed them all with assassins.

Personally I think Perfect Sight should be the only counter to Nox Noctis.

Not only does it prevent the Empyrean from becoming an automatic Nox slayer (like it wasn't already the best religion with Blind and Chalid), but it also draws attention to the oft forgotten perfect sight promotion.

Killed it several times now..
(Mostly using Basium or Hyborem)
but its no longer worth it.. by the time you have accsess to units strong enough to get rid of this SoD made purly of Archmages the price it nets you is imo no longer worth it.
and dominating the SoIs is cheesy.
I think he needs a rework.

btw. i usually play raging barbs & barbarian world... the SoI stack to numbers that aren't funny.. why not give em a cap ... 4? or 8?

another thing: Hippus should be great to take them out, fast, strong, retreat chance to soften everything up

dominating the SoIs is cheesy.

In the latest patch, "n," Disciples of Acheron and Sons of the Inferno start with the Loyalty promotion, so they should resist Domination now. Will make going after Acheron much more challenging, I should think.

With the Sons starting with loyalty (and still broken iirc) ... the stack/ Dragon Lair has changed from Amusing Diversion/ Alternative strategy, and has transformed into pure epic worthlessness :(

Sure its hard, damn hard ... but Dragons Hoard should give MITHRIL, GUNPOWDER, and METAMAGIC for all that crap! :rockon::egypt::rockon::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Sadly in my current game I am going to have to remove acheron at some stage soon. The culture from the city he is in has blocked my ability to trade with the Amurites (allies) and the Kuriotates. Fortunately the Sheaim just moved in next door, so hopefully they'll have a run at him or something, though I'm guessing the AI wouldn't really fare that well against him.

I killed Acheron when he had 23 SoI on 340 turn by using of 3 archemages 3 high priest of winter and Auric Ascended. I used 3 snowfalls by priests and then snowfall by Auric. all SoI were killed by magic in first turn. Acheron was magic immune so he wasn't damaged by snowfall. then i used 6 ice elementals to make some damage to Acheron and then killed him by Auric Ascended
(It is my first post here)

I used ~20 Mithril Champions at turn ~300 (normal speed)
With Aggresive trait and shrine of champion and command post, All of them had at least combat 3, and enchanted blade form Bambur.
They had good odds against SoI. It wasn't that hard since AI didnt attack with their fire elementals.

Stack = Win

Edit: I stationed a Royal Gurad casting Hope in that city.

Nice. Was this with Khazad? If so, how did Maros die so quickly?

This brings up a game I had. Was the Illians, who I got three cities out before acheron spawned and blocked me from anymore. Was on deity diff, so there was about 20 SOA at turn 150!. I met the next civ around turn 300, By Alexis, who had vassaled every other civ in the game but me. I had to beeline Omniscience and get AA out just to kill about 80 SOA by then. (Lucky there was a mountain near by.) Of coarse, I was at war with Alexis and her vassals, Whose SOD of about 500 units was killed by AA snowfall.
And I won that.

Yea ... Sons w/o loyalty, dats not broken at all xD

although, if the object was to make Acheron feared, he is now quite feared.

Feared? Man, he doesn't scare me. At worst he's a nuisance, at best a helpful distraction for the AI and a free source of Archmages. He's still pretty easy to kill with a proper stack. 10-15 Seige Weapons and enough Courage troops to kill off all of the SoI's and he's gone. Only difference from before is that you need alot more troops to handle the huge numbers of units now present in his city. If the Elementals actually attacked (or lasted a bit longer, Barbarian given the Summoner trait? :satan:) it would be a bit different.

Edit: I suppose you can't get any more Archmages. A free source of XP then :p

The SoI now start with loyalty but you can dispel it with metamagic II. I used that today and was able to immediately capture one with a command III druid. I expect this means that you have to work a little bit harder to capture them now, but not a lot harder, and they can still be exploited.

The SoI now start with loyalty but you can dispel it with metamagic II. I used that today and was able to immediately capture one with a command III druid. I expect this means that you have to work a little bit harder to capture them now, but not a lot harder, and they can still be exploited.

Maybe they should have magic immunity, or at least magic resistance, in addition to loyality

Maybe they should have magic immunity, or at least magic resistance, in addition to loyality

Now this would make them scary. A Goddamn Dragon and 50-odd fire elemental spawning archmages whom are all completely immune to magic. Nobody would be able to kill Acheron ever. You'd need 10 cats for Acheron, 2 cats for each SOI and the same number of Champion strength or above units with fearless in order to even have a damn chance.

Perhaps they can be made into non-living units; liches, constructs, abominations, whatever. To be honest I'd still prefer if they were made into drakes which cast fireballs, or if Acheron himself could do some casting without any disciples whatsover.

If the time between the first rumours of Acheron and his spawning is meant to be useful, i.e. enough time to raze the city, could that time be increased a little? At the moment the dragon can spawn 5 or 6 spaces away from your capital with only 4 or 5 turns between events. This makes it practically impossible to prevent.

Now this would make them scary. A Goddamn Dragon and 50-odd fire elemental spawning archmages whom are all completely immune to magic. Nobody would be able to kill Acheron ever. You'd need 10 cats for Acheron, 2 cats for each SOI and the same number of Champion strength or above units with fearless in order to even have a damn chance.

So there should be a national limit for them...

Top Bottom