Who is in charge of fire?

PPQ_Purple

Purple Cube
Simply put, what god or Deity was or is in charge of fire in erebus?
I am working on lore for a new race for my personal fun and they worship the flames so I figured I better ask.

Bhall is the god whose domain is fire, and the orcs (or at least the Clan) worships her as their goddess.

Of course a brand new civilization could seek to reclaim fire as holy, to put the precept back into glory. Brigit would be the best hope to achieve this, but I could see an Illian style ascension as well to wrest power from the corrupt Bhall.

Bhall, Angel of Fire, was once the most powerful of the good gods. Her righteous flames were used against the wicked sorcerers of the Age of Magic. But Bhall's sphere, fire, is the sphere of passion and change (Think raze and rebuild). Agares corrupted her heart and she fell from her heaven, corrupting the majority of her angels. Only a few remained pure, including Bhall's archangel Brigit. Bhall imprisoned Brigit in the Circle of Carcer. During her fall she crushed the capital of the Bannor Empire. Most of the Bannor became twisted and evi l- the orcs, but a small group fell into hell with her and became the modern Bannor.

Bhall remained asleep for the Age of Ice, reawakening with the end of winter. Her current motives are fairly unknown. Read Jonas Endain's and Brigit's pedia entries for more details.

It is possible that Bhall could be redeemed seeingas she has switched sides once. I like to think that freeing Brigit could cause Bhall to see the evil she has become and give her godhood to Brigit.

Is there any knowledge of any of these fallen angels or can I make up my own?

I tried that. But the entry on Bhall is missing.

Brigit is the Archangel of Bhall, but is there any word of some lesser angel.
Preferably someone neglected completely.

I tried that. But the entry on Bhall is missing.

Brigit is the Archangel of Bhall, but is there any word of some lesser angel.
Preferably someone neglected completely.

I think you're out of luck there. Brigit is the only surviving angel of Bhall's. Her angels were destroyed and her followers turned into orcs:

Spoiler Brigit's entry :
In that second each of the 440 angels that hadn’t followed Bhall that had remained loyal to her holy dominion were incinerated in pale yellow flames. The thousands that had followed their queen cheered, Brigit could see that they were already being transformed by their fall into twisted horrid shapes. Of all of Bhall’s angels only Brigit remained pure and beautiful.

Something to consider may the the Order pre-fall. They were the prominent users of fire magic, for good and bad, depending on who you ask. I don't know anything about your civ, but someone trying to return fire to that former glory could be a possibility.

I think you're out of luck there. Brigit is the only surviving angel of Bhall's. Her angels were destroyed and her followers turned into orcs:

Spoiler Brigit's entry :
In that second each of the 440 angels that hadn’t followed Bhall that had remained loyal to her holy dominion were incinerated in pale yellow flames. The thousands that had followed their queen cheered, Brigit could see that they were already being transformed by their fall into twisted horrid shapes. Of all of Bhall’s angels only Brigit remained pure and beautiful.

Something to consider may the the Order pre-fall. They were the prominent users of fire magic, for good and bad, depending on who you ask. I don't know anything about your civ, but someone trying to return fire to that former glory could be a possibility.

IIRC, the Seraphim in the Mercurian army are actually formerly angels of Bhall. So not all of them died.

So wait, all or almost all angels of Bhall are dead. But the Mercurian Seraphim are actually former angels of Bhall. So theoretically how likely do you think it would be for a former and quite possibly destroyed/crippled angel of Bhall to reappear in human form Auric style? Quite rightly feeling quite betrayed by both Brigit and Bhall?

Brigit's pedia entry simply states the angels which did not fall and fought against Bhall died. It is known that many angels defected to other Gods like Lugus, Junil, and probably others.

What happened to the souls od said angels? Were they completely destroyed?

Does your protagonist have to be an angel? A high priest of Bhall from prior to the fall, who was cast into the future by a dimensional magic may work just as well.

The protagonist is not an angel per se. But I want the race to have a link to the scattered spirits of the angels destroyed in the fall of Bhall.

I had a sort-of similar idea for a civ, except it would be led by Brigit, be comprised of some mortals and some unfallen angels of fire who joined other gods, be created through an event option on Brigit being freed, and be focused on redeeming Bhall and the fallen angels of fire.

Anyway...

I guess you could have your race worship those unfallen angels who joined with Lugus and Basium, but I don't know about the scattered spirits of the dead angels.

I don't know what would happen to their souls, since presumably Bhall withdrew her ara from them. Since Kael said (can't remember where) that Brigit can die permanently in the lore, I would assume they're permanently dead.

And I don't think permanently dead angels can come back, but MC or Kael probably know more about that than me.

I had a sort-of similar idea for a civ, except it would be led by Brigit, be comprised of some mortals and some unfallen angels of fire who joined other gods, be created through an event option on Brigit being freed, and be focused on redeeming Bhall and the fallen angels of fire.

Anyway...

I guess you could have your race worship those unfallen angels who joined with Lugus and Basium, but I don't know about the scattered spirits of the dead angels.

I don't know what would happen to their souls, since presumably Bhall withdrew her ara from them. Since Kael said (can't remember where) that Brigit can die permanently in the lore, I would assume they're permanently dead.

And I don't think permanently dead angels can come back, but MC or Kael probably know more about that than me.

You had that idea? ;)

no offense, but i've been floating that idea around for a hell of a long time. ;)

Oh, and angels do come back upon death, but it takes a long time, and only if they still have the ara of a patron god.

I want to keep my race worshiping fire while at the same time keeping them as far away from Brigit and Bhall as possible.

The race is not human and they don't have the spark needed for magic. Instead they used to be inanimate objects but have since been brought to life by magic (sort of like golems). And they worship the fires them self for their power to cause death and rebirth but they do not worship any deity of flames. That is why their adepts will be limited to the fire and creation spheres.

In essence, they see option 1. Good Bhall, option 2. Bad Bhall and they don't want to take sides instead opting to simply worship the thing in common, the flames.

So am looking for a way to tie them in with how fire gave them the spark of life.

make them like the dwarves, Bhall breathed life into them before her fall. They remained pure when she fell, but refused to stand against her outright like Brigit.

An interesting point is that it's the fall of Bhall which caused the end of Age of Magic, because she didn't opposed Mulcarn (god of ice) anymore. I can see her redeeming herself, but it would mean the end of the god of ice endless cycle of reincarnation. (before Bhall fell, he didn't even dare step in Erebus)

Top Bottom