1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is in here?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by Spievajuci, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Spievajuci

Spievajuci Chieftain

i just wanna know how old are you guys.... if yo are in middle 80's or whatever....and how long do you play civ2, how often?:p

2. Old n Slow

Old n Slow Emperor

I'm 51 and I tend to play civ II about 3 hours a shot on average every other day.

3. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

18, and hardly play anymore...

4. Mercator

Mercator Emperor

23 and I almost never play.

I do just about everything concerning civ2 that doesn't actually involve playing it... I have a civ2 website, make civ2 utilities, used to make civ2 maps, plan to make civ2 scenarios, try to be helpful on civ2 websites, and generally explore and disect civ2.

5. yaroslav

yaroslav Emperor

I'm 24 years old and I play it in PBEMs and scens, but harldy a "vanilla" game anymore :)

6. TimTheEnchanter

TimTheEnchanter I...am...an Enchanter!

Mid 30s, play more than my wife cares for but not as much as I'd like. ;) Lately, I've mostly played in succession games and failed attempts to complete a GOTM within the month. I play so incredibly slowly I don't remember the last time I actually completed a non-OCC game.

7. Stegyre

Stegyre Expatriate

Hm, my info is a lot like Tim's: LATE mid-30s, play more than my wife wants me to, but not as much as I'd like. Mostly, I play SP but I've recently started a succession game (NoWoW - you know who you are) and GOTMs (although I have yet to successfully complete a GOTM - I've got to get used to the different style of play. My preferred SP game is deity+1 with barbarian wrath (to help hold back the AI and provide a ready source of NONE units to bribe or to sabotage (to get vet spies)).

8. Alice

Alice Warlord

24 and haven't played for a few months now, but I'm ready to start playing again.

9. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Ah, winter finally.

Soon 24 and I play the GOTM game. I don't have time for much more. I try to re-play the GOTM after submission, but I rarely have time. But on an average I think I play about 5 - 10 hours a week. So besides the GOTM I play a little OCC's trying to get better a planning my games and some trade-training and so.

10. la fayette

la fayette King

Playing about 12 hours a day:) (mostly scenarios, GOTMs and succession games)

11. Titi

Titi Prince

Almost 35 and had a hard time playing before my wife knew what civ2 was. Now, both of us play, but not much: only during week-ends, for about 8-10 hours (but not every week)

12. Archer 007

Archer 007 Rebirth

16. Play a few hours each week.

13. ElephantU

ElephantU Deity

:rotfl:

:wavey: (I do remember, but I cringe...)

Over-40, 3 kids, one of whom plays occasionally (but not against me). Barely keep up with GOTM, EL and OCC games as it is. Probably 6-8hrs/wk actual playing (except for the night before GOTM is due!); another 4-6hrs/wk at CFC and Apolyton.Net forums.

14. The Person

The Person Deity +2

16 here, and almost never play. I played a lot before christmas, though.

But here it goes again:
    - Long live Civ2!

15. Ace

Ace Emperor

60 and play between 1 and 12 hours a day. ;) Also spend about an hour a day at CFC.

16. sethos

sethos no allies

I'm a 49er - 50 in august, playing at least 1 hour a day.

17. Balmafulalgo

Balmafulalgo Chieftain

Hey, I'm new here, but anyway...
    I'm 24, I've only been playing this game for about six months, but I'm pretty much addicted....About 2-6 hours a day for the last couple months...

18. Achinz

Achinz Hermit of Huangshan

One of the older ones close to Ace's age.
    I get spurts when Civ2 is concerned. I went through an intense spell after discovering GOTM but after a marathon gotm35 I've taken some time off.

With the continual discoveries here and at Apolyton, I'm sure Civ2 will continue to hold its allure.

19. DvR

DvR ½ man, ½ amazing

21 here.. I tend to play in periods, like 6 hours in one day and then none at all for a week or so.. Though study is keeping me pretty busy, so sometimes I won't play for months..

20. rponton

rponton Warlord

26, married, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 5 chinchillas. Few hours a week is all I have to spare. As such, it can take months to complete a game.

Wife hates the game....