1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is King?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by Vandal Warlord, Aug 14, 2008.

?

Who should be our King

Poll closed Aug 17, 2008.
  1. Cyc

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Civplayah

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Abstain

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

This is a public opinion poll. 3 days. Private poll.

2. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

I vote Cyc.

3. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I think this poll is premature Vandal. Though it is an opinion poll it may sway people to one side or the other without knowing all of the facts. I am laying out both arguments before the General Assembly. I urge all citizens to get the facts before forming an opinion.

4. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I [sarcasm]vaguely remember[/sarcasm] electing Civplayah as king, hence he gets my vote.

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

6. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

A similar operation occurred when Shattered from the USA, Leader of the Legion that dominated the Triad, got a kidney stone, his dog died, a family member died, he got arrested by the police for possession of drugs, he got a big bill from the medical company removing the kidney stone and so on. The list is long.
    Ballazic tried to shape things up in his absence, but when Shattered came out of his worst problems a month or so later, he wanted Ballazic to step down. When Ballazic refused to, he forced him to step down.

This caused a bad mood, as Ballazic had done a great job in shaping things up. Ballazic left, Shattered could not collect the pieces, the Legion collapsed, and the Triad with it.

This is why I support the one keeping the pieces together, when someone leaves, for whatever the reason, and am of the opinion that the person saving the day should stay.

7. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

I agree with Provolution, Cyc has done a suberb job the last week all.
    I am really am susprised at the level of particaption for this time of year so i think he should stay. Civplayah should be given a top role within the government if he wants it.

8. Diamondeye

I can agree to JoeHarkers proposal.

9. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I also agree that Cyc has done a great job, and should be allowed to stay.

10. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Abstain.

Neither side has made a solid case. It's no help to look to a Faction ruleset/bylaws/whatever - nothing relevant is there.

-- Ravensfire

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I know Vandal. I just don't want an opinion poll to be the final decision. I'd much rather have seen a discussion in the Public Sqaure before a poll. It is what it is now so I voted for Cyc. My decision to cast my vote for his coronation was based on the same info that both sides have brought up in their debate. I just don't want to lose a citizen over this so I am open to any and all compromises except a dual kingship.

12. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I think Cyc has done a wonderful job as king so far, and should stay. However, who is the king is a faction issue, and the faction themselves should sort it out.

13. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

However the faction has let the rest of the population in through the EGA. You are right though it is up to the faction who their leader is. So what's next? A faction poll for the Cycles?

14. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

No, I don't think so. The COA is a Monarchy that does listen to the Citizens. But the final decision is the King's. No two ways about it.

This King has thought about it long and hard. We are a nation, active in the world today. We are operating at a very good pace with really good participation. You would not believe how happy this makes me.

I will step down from being King of Arete if it will help us get over this speed bump finally. I will abdicate the throne and become a simple member of the COA. As Lord Civius was made Regent by a King, he should not be forced to lose his title. Say the word and I will lay the scepter and the sceptre down.

15. civplayah

civplayah fronter

You have done a wonderful job as Monarch, and you shouldn't step down just for me. If you wish, King Cyc, I will step down from the throne and listen to your orders and commands. And you won't lose a citizen, I was being irrational, as I was when I arrested you.:blush:

16. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

So, Cyc is King and we can all get on with the game?

17. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

civplayah, I accept. You shall choose the Council position you desire and serve the Kingdom in that capacity. Glad to have you back.

In fact, the Crown is going to throw a feastival to celebrate the return of our Former King. The guest of honor will not only be civplayah, but dutchfire, our last former King of the APR. Hopefully, we will even get to have some food and drink with Seidrik The Gray, first Former King of the APR.

The feastival will be held at Poverty's Pub on a date to be announced. The Crown will supply the food and buy a couple of drinks for all who attend.

18. Diamondeye

Now that's the Aretania I know ;) :beer:

19. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Does this mean we finally have Cyc as President? ;) :D

20. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Cyc as King, we are not having presidents here.