Who is more pushy with their POV atheists/agnostics or the religious.

Who is more pushy?

• Total voters
here is a fact just for you, christian faith is based on the entire fact the bible is 100% true and god is almighty, and I do not have to provide any proof

No, your faith is based on that.

Many, many, many, many, many, many Christians do not take every last word literally.

Please, can everyone NOT judge all of us religious folks by candle? I know one bad apple can stick out but...

here is a fact just for you, christian faith is based on the entire fact the bible is 100% true and god is almighty, and I do not have to provide any proof
Why? Vcl

This is my favorite biblical quote.
1 Corinthians 15: said:
20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under his feet. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Clearly, all will be saved and joined with God.

No. Thats not true at all.

The Christian faith isnt based on the 'bible'....quite simply its based upon the Lord Jesus Christ and his divinity.

The bible is merely the instruction manual. And although its contents are inspired by God, its still written by men. Men who very often were quite limited in their ability to describe that which was occurring around them.

For example, it matters very little to me that God either brought a 'pillar of flame' to keep Pharoah from killing Moses and the tribes of Israel during the Exodus, or if he simply caused a volcano to explode and had lava block their path. To me, one is just as much a miracle as the other, and absolutely still the work of God.

Don't worry, I'm just judging the fundies ;)

I consider myself a fundie. I consider candle a poser.

i consider anyone who would doubt and question god a heratic, and anyone who says they are not a fundamentalist is not really a christian. Anyone who does not belive that what the bible says is 100% is not a christian. Anyone who seeks worldly gains over those of the kingdom is not a christian. Anyone that supports homosexuality and evolution is not a Christian. And I will not refer to you as such, and if the "christians" here dont like me that sounds to more like you all need a good fire and brimestone teaching to get your buts in gear and stop following the crowd. I also strongly belive if you vote democrat you can in no way be a Christian, as the party is far removed from a proper moral life

Please, can everyone NOT judge all of us religious folks by candle? I know one bad apple can stick out but...

Someone still takes him seriously after what he pulled in that Texas secession thread?

Red Stranger was extremely consistent with his act, but no human capable of posting on a message board could have been that stupid. So, I'm just assuming candle is a fraud.

no candle is a fundamentalist christian taht is not content to follow the throngs to hell

i consider anyone who would doubt and question god a heratic, and anyone who says they are not a fundamentalist is not really a christian. Anyone who does not belive that what the bible says is 100% is not a christian. Anyone who seeks worldly gains over those of the kingdom is not a christian. Anyone that supports homosexuality and evolution is not a Christian. And I will not refer to you as such, and if the "christians" here dont like me that sounds to more like you all need a good fire and brimestone teaching to get your buts in gear and stop following the crowd. I also strongly belive if you vote democrat you can in no way be a Christian, as the party is far removed from a proper moral life

You are wasting your time on this site. Either you actually believe what you say, in which case you either have never had an intelligent conversation with another believer, much less an atheist or you have a mental deficiency in which case I'm sorry for you, OR this is all an act and you are enjoying yourself, in which case please come back when you reach maturity.

Also: pay special attention to the text Birdjaguar quoted above. Clearly, we're all with God.

Whoh, this is the first time I see Moss flip his lid! :eek: and agree with his statement, eventhogh it's curtish (I am reaching to that point with the poster known as Ned Flanders).

Do you know why that happened, the Catholic Church Adoption of pegan holidays to draw in the pegans by saying hey we have something in common. the Fall from grace for the Catholic chuch was in 300AD
Wrong, the Catholic Church never fell from grace. Do you celibrate Christmas since that was based on a pagan holiday as well along with Christmas Trees and the Yule Log. you're starting to sound as nutty as the puritans way back in early colonial times :rolleyes:

candle said:
and again you deny the bible proper respect and in doing so deny god. If you belive the bible is not the word of god, every word is of god, then you also are saying the almighty, the infinate, and the all knowing would allow his word to be tampered with for 2000 years to the point where it is no longer the truth? That denies that God is all powerful in that single statement
Wrong, I don't deny the bible. Unlike you, I don't take it litteraly and view it with a rational mind (even if some of the stories have been overblown and exadurated) Do you eat shellfish? Do you shave? Do you stone sinners? The bible by your logic tells you to refrain from eating shellfish, shaving, and allows stoning of sinners.

There's realy no point in telling you that the words in a book was written by man, you've compleately missed that point compleately. Not every single Christian takes the bible litteraly. You cry that "false" Christians are celibrating pagan holidays, yet you deny that the Bible borrowed from other sources in the cradle of civilization like the Epic of Gilgamesh and other Mesopotamian epics and mythologies. I remind you that the Jewish people of the time of Babylon had their civilization invaded by the Babylons and were scattered about.

Tough to say, and really agnostics should really be their own category, for while there are militant atheists and true believers, I've never encountered a militant agnostic in my life. That is to say, an agnostic that tried to shove agnosticism down your throat.

There were a number online back in like 2002, and it made me hate what I thought was agnosticism for a good year. Basically they were agnostic about everything except one thing, which is that "we can't know anything so stop arguing, you're both stupid, no one can ever know" etc. That's what I call hard-agnosticism, and it's somewhat self contradictory, and certainly very obnoxious. I don't see it much anymore, I think all those people grew up.

This is my favorite biblical quote.

Clearly, all will be saved and joined with God.

There we are!

We also have precedent of people who were in hell because they did not know Jesus, and then Jesus went to hell and introduced himself (this happened between death and resurrection). Then those who accepted Jesus went to heaven. Since we all know Jesus, when we die and find ourselves in hell, we then will have both been shown the light and suffered the torment of 1000 torments, will accept Jesus into our hearts (or choose not to, defiance and rejection are wholly possible, and weed out the wicked from the wrong) and then find our way to heaven.

And of course there's my "why I can't fear hell" thread, which MobBoss and I pretend to debate but really we are discussing two completely different things since our premises are entirely unrelated.

There was a "why I can't fear hell thread?" Was it derailed by poster's presuming their epic prowess at prognosticatory riddles to put Proust, and Mephistopheles, to shame but predictably pushed too far against Perfection's perfunctory preemptive spamming?

Spoiler :
Haha if you read Mephistopheles with a "p"

Thats because you dont really believe in anything. However, if I believed that my inaction would doom you to hell, arent I under a moral obligation to at least do something?

Perhaps, but depending on the particular brand of Christianity you espouse, you're also morally obligated to do a bunch of other insane things.

Lets be honest. Door to door evangelicals arent greeting you with hostility. Thats vice versa.

Yeah, religious people coming by to share the gospel of God with you because they care for you is hostility. Right.

I actually go out of my way to be pleasant with the door to door types. I find it's the best way to make them go away quickly.

As for evangelism, it's certainly not friendly. If I came into your living room with a bunch of research papers detailing the flaws of the Bible, and trying to demonstrate that Christ was obviously not who Christian Churches make him out to be, would that not be hostile to you? Perhaps it's a matter of definition.

I thought that was 'least trusted'. I dont remember seeing a poll about 'most hated'.

. . .

Rofl. Those arent personal attacks....far from it. Perhaps its your own perception that needs changing here...

I would definitely consider them attacks. Though I suppose they wouldn't be personal attacks in most cases, it's still an attack, just as it would be an attack upon your beliefs if your government tried to inscribe 'There is no God' on it's money, placed it in oaths, and carved it on buildings.

On the other hand, distrusting those who don't believe in a deity or deities is most certainly a personal attack. It is the same as distrusting people for their skin colour, sex, sexual orientation, family status, etc.

I generally dont insult other peoples faith, no (scientology being perhaps an exception), and I would never insult someone who believed in those God(s) in that manner.

Yet can you honestly regards these deities as credible, and who's people's rules you should obey?

/shrug. You got your opinion, we got ours. But there simply isnt any reason for you to be rude about it.

I suppose that's the inevitable end to the argument. Though I don't see how I've been rude about it.

Precisely. Thanks for making my point (again).

I could say the same about you.

Agnosticism and pushiness aren't diametrically opposed to each other, guys. A pushy agnostic might say something like...

"None of us have enough information to say whether or not there's a god, and if you think otherwise, you're pants-on-head ******ed."

Well, while I loathe to play into Mobby's hand here, isn't that the exact definition of Agnosticism? People use the term with other connotations certainly, but to be Agnostic is to be without knowledge. Since nobody can produce any evidence proving or disproving the existence of god(s), we are all agnostic.

agreed but it was not correct either. The sons of Abraham or Jews as we know them are still the chosen people of god, so attacking them was wrong at any time. But please do not throw the Nazi's in our camp. Nazi Germany required a worship of Hitler as a diety not of Christ. You had to swear allegiance to Hitler and renouce all other loyalties or you where imprisioned because you did not worship the state. What you are doing is revising the truth about Nazi Germany to say Christians are evil. Would you instead care to know the truth.

The largly Christian nations of England, France and the United States went into Germany to end there crimes agasint humanity and to stop the war. This can be evidenced through the public prayers output by both FDR and Churchill which today would get them both attacked mind you.

Since when did I say anything about Nazism?

Hitler is most certainly in the religious camp if he is to be in any. While he may have only been Roman Catholic in name, those around him described him as very religious. Germans most certainly were not forced to renounce their religion; Hitler said publicly that religion provided a good moral basis for Germany. He was also fearful of the power of the churches, and had no wish to confront their power until the wars were finished.

Moreover, England, France and US were not in anything to save the Jews. What was happening to Jews was public knowledge, and American Quakers were making trips to Germany in an attempt to help the Jews there, with no real support from any government.

It is also fundamental to know that Hitler's original plan was not to exterminate the Jews. He simply did not want them in Reich, and was more than happy to deport them. On more than one occasion he made proposals to resettle the Jews in such places as Madagascar, Mauritius, and I believe the Dominican Republic. After winning the war against France, Hitler planned to deport all the Jews to French colonies which he saw as rightfully belonging to Germany.

It is an unfortunate coincidence that neither England, France or the US was willing to take in the Jews, and that helping them was never given priority. Churchill was hesitant to lift the blockade in order for ships to bring supplies to the Jews in Vichy France. I believe only one was let through. No German vessels were allowed or risked to move Jews overseas.

Keep it straight that the war was never about the Jewish question. The Allies thankfully were willing to fix the situation when they came upon it, but it's not why they were there.

Do you know why that happened, the Catholic Church Adoption of pegan holidays to draw in the pegans by saying hey we have something in common. the Fall from grace for the Catholic chuch was in 300AD

A commonly cited myth. Our resident theologian would be happy to grind you into the dirt for saying that.

and again you deny the bible proper respect and in doing so deny god. If you belive the bible is not the word of god, every word is of god, then you also are saying the almighty, the infinate, and the all knowing would allow his word to be tampered with for 2000 years to the point where it is no longer the truth? That denies that God is all powerful in that single statement

You know that there's a huge hole in Epicurus' logic, right?

You keep saying this. I don't think you understand the part where every single Christian in this thread is saying the exact opposite thing you are accusing them of (bar Classical Hero, but he hasn't posted I don't think). And if you do understand, that you continue to declare it as such without offering any sort of proof, of which none exists anyway, then you are trolling.

Since when did I say anything about Nazism?

I should correct the problem no more p-words trouble about Nazism - originally someone made a rambling statement about Nazis being irreligious and leftist to which I replied that they are neither, and the German Nazis had a strong basis in Christianity, which led to an argument over whether Nazis were Christian and their motives for hating + killing the Jews, and after a badly worded response where I simply left out "since the Middle Ages, in Europe" which I was assuming to be implied but I guess wasn't led to more argument about historical persucution conflict, which led to candle's words I assume. There you go, and thanks for epic xpost defeating humor once again!

Top Bottom