Who is more pushy with their POV atheists/agnostics or the religious.

Who is more pushy?

• Total voters
That being the case, why isnt there a prevailing myth/legend about fires destroying everything among different cultures of the world?
Maybe the myth was borrowed or adopted from the original source?

Maybe the myth was borrowed or adopted from the original source?

Across cultures seperated by oceans with no proven contact?

Ok....I think we should just blame aliens and leave it at that. ok? :lol:

Across cultures seperated by oceans with no proven contact?

Ok....I think we should just blame aliens and leave it at that. ok? :lol:

Or it can be a coincidence that all cultures of the past have experienced extreme disasters such as fire and created a myth about it. Or aliens. Or whatever. Create your own history and go about preaching it, or choose one which you already had.

You sir have offended me greatly.[...]

And you wonder why you atheists face hostility and distrust by the religious people.
I wonder what happened to throwing the first stone, and judge not lest ye, and beams in eyes and stuff. :(
On CFC: atheists are more pushy, by far.
Not to mention arrogant, offensive, rude, and hold a "Me smart atheist, you dumb religious" attitude.
:shake:

Me polite atheist, you not so polite religious person.
That being the case, why isnt there a prevailing myth/legend about fires destroying everything among different cultures of the world?
Try Norse or Roman or Native American mythology. There are probably quite a few more.
You notice how candle avoids my posts? Think about it.
I just did think about it, and concluded candle is your double login. Allow me to explain:

1. He always avoids your posts.
2. You are a smart man.
3. You draw attention to the avoidance of your posts yourself (just what a smart man with a double login would do to avoid suspicion).
4. ????
5. Elementary Dear Watson.

Thinking hertz!

I voted atheists, but keep in mind this is absolutely country-specific. I believe it would be quite different if I lived in Midwest...

It's kinda like the smoking thread. Being called arrogant and rude just because I'm an atheist doesn't make me want to be patient and polite in return. If I'm going to be called arrogant and rude anyway I don't see why I should make the effort to be polite.

It's kinda like the smoking thread. Being called arrogant and rude just because I'm an atheist doesn't make me want to be patient and polite in return. If I'm going to be called arrogant and rude anyway I don't see why I should make the effort to be polite.
Several reasons.

1. You show them to be wrong.
2. You show them to be hypocrites.
3. You gain a nice moral high ground, while they have to claw their way up to your level backtracking and explaining they didn't mean all atheists.
4. Warm and fuzzy ironic feeling inside knowing you did, as an atheist, What Jesus Would Do, while they are taking the 'Roman' approach.
5. Because in this specific case you know in advance you'll get the: "I'm sorry, but <generic denial>" response.

Lots of reasons to reply politely to those smelly ugly bastards. :)

Several reasons.

1. You show them to be wrong.
2. You show them to be hypocrites.
3. You gain a nice moral high ground, while they have to claw their way up to your level backtracking and explaining they didn't mean all atheists.
4. Warm and fuzzy ironic feeling inside knowing you did, as an atheist, What Jesus Would Do, while they are taking the 'Roman' approach.
5. Because in this specific case you know in advance you'll get the: "I'm sorry, but <generic denial>" response.

Lots of reasons to reply politely to those smelly ugly bastards. :)

:rotfl:

Try Norse or Roman or Native American mythology. There are probably quite a few more.

I thought ragnarok was the final 'battle' not a big fire.

I just did think about it, and concluded candle is your double login. Allow me to explain:

1. He always avoids your posts.
2. You are a smart man.
3. You draw attention to the avoidance of your posts yourself (just what a smart man with a double login would do to avoid suspicion).
4. ????
5. Elementary Dear Watson.

Thinking hertz!

Actually, I am kind of offended that you would even think this.

I thought ragnarok was the final 'battle' not a big fire.
I'm not all that knowledgeable in Norse Mythology, so I had to resort to the Googlemobile.

In the beginning was Muspell, the realm of fire. It is a place of dreadful light and heat. Only its natives, the Fire Giants, can tolerate its flames. Surt, a Fire Giant, guards Muspell's border, armed with a flaming sword. At the end of the era, at Ragnarok, Surt and his companions will destroy all the Gods and and their world with fire.
Actually, I am kind of offended that you would even think this.
Why? It would be devious and brilliant and beautiful and devious! You'd have been my forum hero for a day :)

Despite talk of atheists who are supposedly just as pushy about their unbelief as the religious, I have never met a single atheist or agnostic like that. I am more apt to believe that theists are so insecure about their faith that they find any atheists in their midst to be an intrusion. Moreover, I have been accosted numerous times by pushy religious proselytizers and not a single time by atheists.

Despite talk of atheists who are supposedly just as pushy about their unbelief as the religious, I have never met a single atheist or agnostic like that. I am more apt to believe that theists are so insecure about their faith that they find any atheists in their midst to be an intrusion. Moreover, I have been accosted numerous times by pushy religious proselytizers and not a single time by atheists.

I am a pushy Atheist, and voted Atheists as most pushy... :p

I am bothered

I must say, this has been a most entertaining thread. Candle reminds me of a troll on one of the Dune forums I belong to. Come to think of it, that individual is fond of sockpuppet accounts... :mischief:

Anyway, assuming you folks can keep it civil enough so the mods don't close the thread, I'll post my serious reply to all this later (I need to think on it awhile) :).

I'm not all that knowledgeable in Norse Mythology, so I had to resort to the Googlemobile.

In the beginning was Muspell, the realm of fire. It is a place of dreadful light and heat. Only its natives, the Fire Giants, can tolerate its flames. Surt, a Fire Giant, guards Muspell's border, armed with a flaming sword. At the end of the era, at Ragnarok, Surt and his companions will destroy all the Gods and and their world with fire.

I stand corrected and a bit more educated. Thanks.

Why? It would be devious and brilliant and beautiful and devious! You'd have been my forum hero for a day :)

Well, first of all, I would never create a dl just to put Christianity into a bad light. 2ndly, I dont go around insulting other faiths/denominations and wouldnt do it under a dl either, as I consider it wrong (except with scientology as an exception!! heh). In other words, it simply wouldnt make sense for me to portray chistians like that as its directly opposite of how I feel.

Well, first of all, I would never create a dl just to put Christianity into a bad light. 2ndly, I dont go around insulting other faiths/denominations and wouldnt do it under a dl either, as I consider it wrong. In other words, it simply wouldnt make sense for me to portray Christians like that as its directly opposite of how I feel.
I know, I was just kidding. I thought I was pretty obvious in doing so too. Guess I wasn't so: Anything I said the last few posts which was not about mythology was utter bull. I don't think you'd make a dl, and if you did, you still would capitalise correctly. Expect for just now when you didn't. And you missed an r. Wait, let me fix that.

There, as I was saying ... j/k :)

Well, first of all, I would never create a dl just to put Christianity into a bad light. 2ndly, I dont go around insulting other faiths/denominations and wouldnt do it under a dl either, as I consider it wrong (except with scientology as an exception!! heh). In other words, it simply wouldnt make sense for me to portray chistians like that as its directly opposite of how I feel.

You (generic you, not you specifically) might do something like this if you're wanting to play around.

There are people out there who like doing this. I don't really understand that mentality, but it's out there.

That's ******ed! So the Fire Giants live in the realm of fire, where only the Fire Giants survive. There lies Surt, with a flaming sword. Why does he need a flaming sword? Either it's a redundant statement (since everything is flaming there) or it's a useless feature since they are all immune. Great sword, Surt.

Spoiler :
:p

That's ******ed! So the Fire Giants live in the realm of fire, where only the Fire Giants survive. There lies Surt, with a flaming sword. Why does he need a flaming sword? Either it's a redundant statement (since everything is flaming there) or it's a useless feature since they are all immune. Great sword, Surt.

Are you kidding? Surt is brilliant! He's guarding a realm that kills trespassers anyway... so he gets the credit for having an important sounding job, he looks totally :cool: doing it (because, really, don't you have days where you wish your job involved wielding a sword of fire?), and if he spaces out at work, there aren't any negative consequences!

Top Bottom