Who is our next target?

Who do you think our next target should be?

• Russia

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Babylon

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • America

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • England

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
This poll is informational. This topic will definitely need some discussion before we decide on the next target. The civs listed here are only those who we have common borders with.

Except for England, each of these civs has some cities that are within our defined provinces already that would be "easy" pickings. Those cities are listed below:

Russia - Rostov and Osaka in Gem Mountain Province, Riga in North Province.

Babylon - Izibia in Southwest Province.

America - Denver in North Province.

Iroquois - Suo and Nagoya in Hafen Land Province.

India - Bizen in Gem Mountain Province.

I'd have to say either Babylon or America, but since I personally don't feel we can handle the Babs yet, I'll vote to introduce Mr. Lincoln to Mr. John Wilkes Boothe. :)

I think I actually prefer the Babs over America. First, they are a more dangerous opponent so we are better served by their being eliminated. Second, we can get several civs to help us whomp on them who will not have to traipse across our territory in order to do so (Iro, India, Russia).

While I see the attraction of choosing Babylon as our next victim, I have voted to give that "honour" to the Americans. My reasoning is that taking over the American lands will give us already productive cities that we should not have too much difficulty in holding against the previous owner's culture. These cities could also be made yet more productive by moving the Palace SE without this having too deleterious an effect on our current holdings.

The Babylonians, on the other hand, are for the most part too far from our FP to be much of a boon to our production base and would be hard to hold in the face of the Babs huge culture machine. I would mark them down as an ideal target for a more destructive invasion once we have "assimilated" the Americans.

Definitely Babylon...
  • Our Eastern border is currently rather stable. Preserving the American-French-English triangle should keep that border relatively safe.
  • Babylon is ripe for conquest. Their UU is long-since obsolete and their cultural prowess has inspired jealousy and distrust among their neighbors.
  • If we are successful in eliminating the Babylonians, or at least hammering them down a good bit, Russia will be trapped behind our borders, in prime position for further Fanatikan expansion.

I would go with capturing american cities

Babs - their cultural prowess can start flipping our cities... We're just starting to get a head up in culture (we're at the bottom, but working our way up), but the babs have 3 times as much as we do! (they used to have 4-5 times as much). We also need to watch Russia though. They're like a tightly wound productive coil in those hills (prime for Cossacks).

Code:
Babylon		High Culture
America		More production, and dyes
Russia		Silks, and remove their cossack threat
India		extra dyes, more possible production, but more jungle
Iroquois	Lots of potential growth (workers)
England		average land (maybe be gone by the time we get to them)]/code]

I used to be a supporter of war with American, but after looking closely at the save, I have changed my mind. If we could eliminate most civs from our western and southern borders, we would not have to keep such a huge military around, and might even be able to function efficiently in another form of government.

I say we attack Babylon or Russian next.

I voted America. They are closer to our capital and will serve us much better than the Babylonian cities.
For now I think we should get more culture buildings and defence on our western borders.

I voted Babylon. The only problem I can see, though, is the AIs tendancies to gang up on the #1 seeded civ (us). We would need to get aliances before they (Babs) do. If I am not mistaken, dont they have some lovely wonders we could gain control of :evil:
Their UU is dead. We could draw in Russia with the promise of Horsies for their UU. Joan may be a friend here too with her Musketeers. The taking of Babylonian teritories could bost our science by a large precentage, allowing us to quickly get to our Panzers.
*at end of speech, SaaM hums a certain, Panzerish tune*

This is a very difficult question. I've done some research into the two main choices (the only 2 choices IMO), and will start the discussion thread that Shaitan refered to. After sorting through the pros and cons, I have voted for America being our next target.

I'm sticking with my first instincts: Russia. We should strike them before they manage to get cossacks. Note that they have only two sources of saltpeter: near Riga and St. Petersburg. The former is surrounded by our territory and the latter is on the edge of their country. I also think the Russians do not have a domestic supply of horses. They also do not have chemistry yet so it is possible for us to get this war underway before they have military tradition. If we make a quick strike to cut their saltpeter and try to deny them horses then we will not have to worry about cossacks. A Russian war would also round out our FP in Kyoto.

The only thing with Russia is that they will have their UU very soon (if we wanted to, we could probably get the war nearly done before they get the Coassacks, but I'm not sure...), which might be more useful to us in a war against Babylon in the near future than as an enemy. We might be better off using the Russkies to help us destroy the Babs, or if we want to grant them passage, the Americans, and waiting to take them out until their UU is obsolete. We could wait until Panzers..... Operation Barbarossa, anyone? :tank:

A regular discussion thread has been opened up for debate of who our next target will be. LINK

This poll did a good job to raise interest. Let's see if we can keep the discussion rolling in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom