Who is sticking to Civ 5 after BE comes out?

Are you sticking to Civ 5 after BE comes out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nokmirt

Emperor
Just curious how many Civ 5 fanatics we have.

I made the post public but why be shy?

Beyond earth could be cool but from the looks of it, i could stay here because beyond earth already has its forum ready with real discussions and everything.

I'm sticking with Civ 5 because, while Civ BE looks intriguing, sci fi isn't my favorite genre. Besides, my wife would cut off my nuggets if I bought another video game.

I am only playing because I am uber-utterly burned out with Civ 5 (1306 hours worth) so a nice change and fresh content is aprpeciated.

Hard to say just yet. Nothing about BE screams, buy me, buy me. There are several things I would need to see if I even want to buy it. Right now it is 30% buy it and 70% wait for Civ 6. I am trying to get that excited feeling about it, but it is not here as of today.

can't we play both?

I'm intrigued by BE, but I've always liked the historical strategy games (AoE, Rise of Nations, Civ), than the SciFi ones. If the reviews are good I'll probably crack and buy it though. lol

I'm sticking with Civ 5 because, while Civ BE looks intriguing, sci fi isn't my favorite genre. Besides, my wife would cut off my nuggets if I bought another video game.

I am into sci fi but not in games for some reason. At some point I'll probably buy it, but after the expansions come out. At least I think it will be expanded on.

can't we play both?

I'm intrigued by BE, but I've always liked the historical strategy games (AoE, Rise of Nations, Civ), than the SciFi ones. If the reviews are good I'll probably crack and buy it though. lol

Yes, we sure can play both. However, I was trying to eliminate the both crowd. I have a feeling most people will probably try it. After all I have bought every civ game except Civ 1 and the new mobile game.

I am only playing because I am uber-utterly burned out with Civ 5 (1306 hours worth) so a nice change and fresh content is aprpeciated.
lol that sounds a lot like me that is why I have been working on more scenarios.

BE looks, to my perspective - which, before I get stoned for this, is woefully undereducated as to the details of what exactly BE is - a bit too much like a successor to Alpha Centauri, which I have no experience with and will probably boggle my mind and drive me semi-mad, much like Civ4Col. How's that for a run-on sentence? I'll stick to Civ4, Civ5, and when it finally comes out, Civ6.

Yep, I will be playing it. I, too, prefer the historical theme but if I can get a Civ 5 with a massive sci-fi overlay, it will be great to take a break from regular Civ 5.

I can already tell that Civ BE will be a waste of money, so ciV for me.

I'm planning on waiting at least 6 months (until after the balance patches come out.)

This determination will have to be made after actually playing the game and seeing if it is better or not. Most importantly if multiplayer has been fixed to actually work.

I stopped playing civ 5 for various reasons for about two years so it still feels pretty new to me. Every civ game since civ 2 I purchased on the release date, I think I'll hold off on BE.

I have played so many hours of Civ 5 that it is time to move on to BE until Civ 6 I think. I have traveled from Warlord Play to Deity Play and there is very little more for me to explore in Civ 5. These days Victory is almost assured when I play, and that takes a lot of the fun out of Civ 5 imho.

Sticking with Civ V (and EU IV and Vicky II :p) for a while, at least until when/if Civ: BE goes on sale.
Truth be told, though I was pretty hyped for it when it was announced, Civ: BE has sorted started to look dumb in my eyes...though I like some kinds of sci-fi, it looks a little TOO sci-fi for me.

Top Bottom