1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is sticking to Civ 5 after BE comes out?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by nokmirt, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Are you sticking to Civ 5 after BE comes out?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2014.
  1. I am sticking with Civ 5.

62.4%
  2. I can't wait to play Civ Beyond Earth.

37.6%
  1. cain3456

cain3456 Prince

After the botched Civ 4--Colonization, I'm waiting for good reviews and sale prices before trying Beyond Earth.

2. AJ22PIZZA

AJ22PIZZA Chieftain

Ill wait until the Winter Sale to get it, as I hate paying $60 for a video game. Also my friends will pester me to get it, so we can play it together.

3. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I'm sticking with CiV because i have not all discovered...

And yes ! I'm playing civ without reading strategies or tips of this forum...

I prefer discover CiV by myself...

Happy civing !

:king:

4. glider1

glider1 Deity

I'm staying with BNW. I still remember when Civ5 was first released (it was horrible despite getting excellent reviews) and will probably never buy another Firaxis game until long after it is released (at least six months), and I come to trust it based on what the player and the modders say about it and no one else, be it Firaxis hype or faked up game reviews. That pledge will not only include BE, but probably also Civ6. If Civ6 turns out to be excellent on first launch, I may change my mind about Firaxis and forgive and forget.

5. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Just to clarify, if I was still single I'd purchase it based solely on my mild interest. But since I'm whipped married, it's hard for my wife me to justify spending that much money on a game that I'm not fanatically excited about.

6. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I'll most probably buy it some time after release and initial patches. There's too many mods and too much art for mods for Civ5 still to make :p

So yeah, sticking with Civ 5 for the time being.

7. brewgod

brewgod Prince

I am not much for Sci Fi games let alone movies. So will stick with Civ5. I am at the point in which to increase skill level up so will be challenging here for the next year. Going from Warlord to Prince. Might not seem much to most here on the board but will be new game play for me.

Also on the Trailer for BE did not do much for me. Waiting for Civ 6 to come out SOON!!!! ?????

Brew God

8. docbud

docbud Emperor

I'll buy it when it comes out and try it. But I have no idea if I'd like it better and would play that instead of Civ V.

That's why I didn't answer the poll. I mean, it's not even out yet, and you're asking who is going to play that and who is going to stick with Civ V.

No one can really answer that question until they try it.

9. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

Both. Alongside all my other games. :D

10. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Doctor of Funk

I expect to play both, but we'll see.

11. dasaard200

dasaard200 Prince

Still working my way through Prince, not bored, 2100+hours, taking it slowly to make sure I get it right . As for BE, will wait for demo's and patches before blowing cash .

12. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

I'll try to stick to both (and CK2, Vicky2, EU4 and XCOM... and a social life nonetheless :p)

13. DarkestOnion

DarkestOnion Prince

2100 Hours at Prince? Sir/madam you have a stronger tolerance for boredom than me and I salute you (not joking.)

14. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

Dude? Alpha Centauri was one of the best TBS' games ever. Civ BE, looks to be an updated A.C.

But, as we all know in the age of DLC - It's going to magically suck on release and then expansion packs will eventually make it good.

You have to love DLC huh? Games these days are like 160 bucks before they're playable.

15. tehplanefreak

tehplanefreak Chieftain

For now I will stick to CiV, because I've got to wait until any DLC comes out.

16. Timally

Timally Chieftain

1,600 for me. Not that I'm even good at it :D

I'll buy BE. I'll play both games. I just hope they are not too alike as I love to find new techniques and strategies. i also like to play games in spells. So I'll probably play BE for a month exclusively then mix it up

17. geebo

geebo Prince

sticking with CIV V, as a Social Studies teacher I really only play realistic world maps. Not into Sci-Fi. Been getting back into CIV hard lately, about 30 hours this month.

18. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

I will stick with BNW until Civ 6 is coming. dont like sci fi either so not intersted in that game at all.

19. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

This is how I am looking at it. I will probably buy Civ BE complete when it becomes available. In the meantime, I am interested and will watch Marbozir and others play it.

I have been too. A lot more than usual. This game still is amazing to me.

20. persisT

persisT Chieftain

I may buy it and play it sometime in the future. There are many nice games that are getting released this autumn and Civ5 with mods can last forever so i probably i won't play it immediatelly. Moreover there isn't such thing that makes me wanna play it unlike a possible Civ6 title.