1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the best leader to learn the game with?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by Awesomeguy, Jul 24, 2010.

?

Who is the best leader to learn the game with?(Or in the game in general)

1. John Adams

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. George Washington

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Samuel de Champlain

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Louis de Buade de Frontenac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Adriaen van der Donck

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Peter Stuyvesant

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. Simon Bolivar

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. Jose de San Martin

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Chieftain

All right, I've been studying the forums and I think I have a fairly good idea on how the game works. But, nonetheless, I still need to get the hang of it in practice.

I'm leaning towards Samuel de Champlain and Adrien van der Donck. I realy would rather not play as the Spanish unless there is a magical boost in learning abllity while playing them. I'm not that huge of a fan of wiping out all the natives. :lol:

2. dalgo

dalgo Chieftain

I prefer to play as the Dutch because of their trading advantage and especially the starting merchantman. Adriaen van der Donck is very valuable with his tax advantage but I voted for Peter Stuyvesant and his + 25% :hammers: in all settlements.

3. Freddy K

Freddy K Chieftain

The best leader for me is the one for which I can think of a strategy, such as building at least one early cathedral with the English, or getting to efficient production fast with Stuyvesant. Currently messing with Frenchmen. Spain's Leaders don't seem to offer any crucial early game advantages, but they are an open invitation for all kinds of exploits.

4. Windfoot

Windfoot Chieftain

John Adams all the way.

A quick build up of population early in the game with the -25% requirement for crosses and a 25% increased Liberty Bell (LB) production. Alot of newbies have a hard time reaching 50% to be able to start their revolution. In the hands of a veteran Col player you can really get a powerful civilization quickly.

5. Blind Side

Blind Side Chieftain

I voted for John Adams, but it was a hard choice. For my style of play (see the Winston Churchill strategy post) Washington does not help much at all. However I also love Peter Stuyvesant due to starting with a Merchantman as it means you do not have to save up to buy one relatively early in the game.