"Who is the Greatest Leader of All Time?" on Military Times

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
To celebrate the launch of Civilization 5, the military history magazine Military Times is holding a poll to determine the answer to the question, "Who is the greatest leader of all time?"

Over the next couple of months, various authors will be presenting their case for why a certain leader should be considered "the greatest" (current articles focus on Ramesses II, Bismarck, and Augustus Caesar).

Additionally, by casting a vote, you become eligible to win a copy of Civilization 5!

>> Vote for your choice

Thanks to Luke for the news tip!

Vote for Alexander the Great of Macedon!

Greatest Leader of all time!

[Screw the main three... :king:]

Anyone knows where can I read the actual Terms and Conditions for the competition? Their link is incredibly broken.

EDIT: Through trial and error I managed to get the actual link to the terms and conditions: http://www.military-times.co.uk/articles/terms-and-conditions-civilization-v-competition.htm

Relevant part (to me, anyway): "Open to France/UK/Germany/Belgium/Spain/USA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand/Italy/Netherlands/Sweden/Austria/Finland/Russia/Poland residents aged 18 years or over."

Too bad the person I would have chose is not part of civ5. "Winston Churchill".

Washington

Defeated the most powerful army at the time with essentially militia...

Too bad the great Genghis Khan is not included.:rolleyes:
Agreed. Destroys the integrity of the poll in my opinion just because of that fact.

How can you have a decent poll about who is the greatest military leader when it excludes notable historical military leaders?

They need to add at least Genghis Khan and Julius Caesar for it to even be worthwhile.

Hmm, I notice Hitler isn't an option...

Hitler was a horrible leader. He managed to destroy his country and have it split in two.

As for the OP, Hannibal.

Failing that, Nappy.

Agreed. Destroys the integrity of the poll in my opinion just because of that fact.

How can you have a decent poll about who is the greatest military leader when it excludes notable historical military leaders?

They need to add at least Genghis Khan and Julius Caesar for it to even be worthwhile.

I still would have voted for Alexander, but you make a valid point.
F

They're just using the leaders available in Civ V; they didn't make up that list and say "That covers them all!"

i voted for Alex because in the absence of Genghis and JC it's a no contest.

I would have to say Alexander & the Great Khan would be a real close call ... i would pick Genghis ...

Who the hell wants to get a free copy of this broken game at this time?
It's a shame!

Who the hell wants to get a free copy of this broken game at this time?
It's a shame!

Word! I have many times since I started playing it thought about playing something better, but I always think "Maybe just one more try?". After having done that more times than I should, I am looking forward to be playing another game now.

If it was military leader then the first 5 that comes to my mind aren't in this list. But it is overall leader and then I guess Napoleon wins in my book. Code Napoleon, metric system, etc.

Top Bottom