Who is the most likely 2012 Republican Nominee?

Who is the most likely 2012 Republican Nominee?

• Newt Gingrich

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Tim Pawlenty

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Mitch Daniels

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Haley Barbour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michele Bachmann

• Ron Paul

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • John Huntsman

• John Bolton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Radioactive Monkeys/No One/Don't Care

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not since they nominated the Ivy League lawyer who's the current president, you mean?

$3 billion dollars made on his own is now bankruptcy? Really? Being able to make $3 billion dollars is really worse than increasing the deficit by about a trillion dollars? Huh. Never knew that.
First, he got a huge leg up from his father. Second, even with that leg up, he went through bankruptcy more than once. At one point, he had a personal debt of 900 million and business debt of 3.5 billion - basically incurring huge deficits and using the bankruptcy process as a bailout. He got to his current net worth by others he contracted with having to take a hit through the bankruptcy process on the contracts they signed with Trump.

Being impressed with Trump's net worth is like being impressed by the guy sitting at the table with the biggest stack of poker chips even though he started the game with more chips, got dealt several hands of good cards to start out, and got to raid other players' chips along the way when he blustered through his mistakes.

$3 billion dollars made on his own is now bankruptcy? Really? Being able to make $3 billion dollars is really worse than increasing the deficit by about a trillion dollars? Huh. Never knew that.

He wouldn't have that money if he hadn't manipulated bankruptcy to his advantage.

You do know what "IQ" stands for, right?

Yes, IQ does stand for intelligence, but I think what Dommy meant was IQ doesn't translate as street (or Capitol, rather) smarts.

You can be a complete genius at science or math but that doesn't mean you'll be able to run this country.

Yes, IQ does stand for intelligence, but I think what Dommy meant was IQ doesn't translate as street (or Capitol, rather) smarts.
No, Dommy said that IQ doesn't equate to being "smart". Since he said nothing else to describe that rather vague word, I can only assume he meant 'intelligent'.

There's different kinds of smarts though... :p

There's book smart, like what you learn in school, and then you have conditional smarts and know-how, i.e. like in a profession.

What I believe he was saying was that even if you're the smartest person in the world according to IQ tests, it won't mean you'll be smart at governing. Indeed, to be "smart" in political office I think you'd have to work your way up from a humble City Councilman. Experience can't be replaced by what you can read in a book most of the time.

His companies have gone into bankruptcy twice.

Domination didn't say 'politically smart'. He said 'smart'. If he meant something more specific, then he should have been more specific.

Domination didn't say 'politically smart'. He said 'smart'. If he meant something more specific, then he should have been more specific.

People word things wrong all the time or aren't specific enough. We're in a thread on Presidential candidates, so this should be obvious. :p

Would you have a problem with Trump carryng two guns? He was just exercising a Constitutional right.

No problem at all with him carrying two guns. But just like I refused to vote for McCain because his adultery made him unworthy for the highest office in the land/most powerful position in the world, I also think Trump's bankruptcies make him unworthy.

Truman had financial difficulties with his companies. He refused to file for bankruptcy and like the honorable man he was, worked and worked until his debts were paid off. See the difference?

But just like I refused to vote for McCain because his adultery made him unworthy for the highest office in the land/most powerful position in the world, I also think Trump's bankruptcies make him unworthy.
Why should a person's private actions make him any less or more of a president? What he does with some other woman is between him and his current wife. It is none of our business.

It is as far as I am concerned, and you can't keep me from deciding my vote based on that. I want honorable people as our leaders, not cheats and slimes. If a man cannot be trusted to be true to a vow made before God to his wife, if he's willing to break such a sacred vow, how can he be trusted to keep his vow he takes via his oath of office?

If a man cannot be trusted to be true to a vow made before God to his wife, if he's willing to break such a sacred vow, how can he be trusted to keep his vow he takes via his oath of office?
Speaking as a hypothetical, would you feel the same anger if a person cheated on their civil union spouse?

Just for the record, I am not angry at McCain or Clinton. That's for their spouses if they want to be angry at them. I just won't vote for them. And yeah, I'd view the same for a civil union. Same thing, different name. They make a pact, they should stick to if. If you want to divorce, keep your flipping pants zipped until the divorce is done. Otherwise, don't expect my vote for President.

Personally, having an affair, whilst regrettable, simply means that they have human failings. I would be very much more offended by those who use knowingly false information to prompt their government to kickstart illegal wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom