1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the most moral person in your eyes PART TWO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fuzzz, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Fuzzz

Fuzzz you

This is based on another thread based on a thread startde by Masquerouge (see below), but this time the setting is a bit different.

We have two new persons:
    #1 is someone your partner to be. He/she tells you he/she has had a lot of (sex)partners in the past and may not be able to change this sort of behaviour just for your relationship.

#2 is your partner with whom you have a longlasting relationship and who loves you very much. He/she cheated on you once, but is afraid to tell you because it will ruin your relationship. He/she swore to him/herself that he/she will never do it again, because she felt sick afterwards.

Both persons have had no STDs from their sexual adventures.

Which one is the most moral person, #1 or #2?

2. StarWorms

StarWorms Deity

Either could be more moral, because #1 has done nothing morally wrong and #2 has, but sincerely regrets it.

3. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Don't bed #1 more than a couple times, else you fall in love accidentally. You'll have your heart broken.

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall High Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Eventhough I loath cheaters in my relationship. I would forgive person B more than I would with Person A becaue person B is actualy regretfull and willing to forgive her past actions.

5. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

I wouldn't say either person is immoral... but I'd be more likely to go out with B.

6. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

I'd infinitely prefer person 1. Person 2 clearly doesn't know me very well if she thinks that if I know about an indiscretion it'll ruin our relationship.

What do people think about someone similar to person 1 but who keeps quiet about things? Who goes out with partners and never swears that they're the only one, but doesn't put too much effort into making sure that the partners realise this too.

7. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

This time I don't think it's much of a question of morality. But rather, who would you rather be with. If you want to be in a monogomous relationship, then just don't be with #1.

8. Eran of Arcadia

Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
    I won't say person 1 is or isn't immoral (or rather, I will say she is and isn't, depending on whose definition of "moral" we are using) but at any rate will not involve myself with someone who is not sure she can be faithful to me. That is something I desire in a partner, but not everyone does.

Person 2 would have to be intentionally dishonest; in other words, I would tell anyone in a relationship with me that I would rather find out about any affairs from them than any other way.

9. Atlas14

Atlas14 "Sophomoric Troll Master"

Person #1 is neither immoral/moral based upon this information. They were not deceiving about their intent and relationships and future intents/relationships

Person #2 Actually I can't say would really care that much if person #2 didn't tell me, because I don't see how it would necessarily change my view of the person if I had no clue of what happened. If I had suspected something but person #2 had lied/not told to cover it up, then I would be dissappointed and feel let down.

10. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

#1 definitely for me. I see myself as more of an old-fashioned person with relationships, and I couldn't be with someone who cheated on me without frequently second guessing them (#2). I could do it, but I'd rather be with 1.

#1 is someone that I see as just someone that had past relationships, and she is willing to face any problem that was a result of those relationships. Besides, that relationship might only be short term, so if she can't manage to give up her behavior, I won't be given the sense that I had been betrayed or kept in the dark for a long time. Depends exactly how many guys shes been with though....

11. potatokiosk

potatokiosk Deity

Person #1: Hasn't done anything wrong yet. More likely to be unfaithful in the future but this isn't a guarentee.

Person #2: Has done something wrong, and tried to cover it up, but less likely to be unfaithful in the future.

So Person #1 is currently more moral (since you cannot judge someone by something they haven't done or tried to do yet) but Person #2 would be better for a relationship.

12. robo-snickers

robo-snickers frisco pimp

there should be a number 3 for robo-snickers... so im making it now

so i vote number 3

13. Raisin Bran

Raisin Bran Cereal Killer

We all are immoral .........

What is more of a fruit ... a apple or a strawberry?

14. Aramazd

Aramazd Deity

I think there equal. Person #2 is sorry for what he did and I don't think that it should be held over him.

15. mdwh

mdwh Deity

#1 by a long shot. Even if he or she continues to do so - you've been told upfront.

Not everyone is a believer of monogamy. Cheating is about lying and keeping secrets, not about being non-monogamous.

16. mdwh

mdwh Deity

...if you want to be in a monogamous relationship.

(And indeed, if you want that, having sex with him or her at all is probably not the best thing.)

17. mdwh

mdwh Deity

I don't see that the post implies he will lie in future. Admittedly, the "may not be able to" is a bit vague - it's better to be clear, and either commit to being monogamous, or be clear that you won't - it's not clear what situation is being described here. But still, it seems to suggest he's not making a commitment to be monogamous, and so even if he does have sex in future, that doesn't make it being unfaithful unless he lies about it or tries to cover it up.

18. Rhymes

Rhymes Drive 4 25 is back

I am myself close to a number 1 person, so I'll say number one is completely moral.
    Number two sucks.

19. Nylan

Nylan Characters Welcome

Is there a reason why we are judging random nonexistant people? We don't have nearly enough information or wisdom to make an accurate decision, all we're doing is setting a "these people are good" and "these people are bad" attitude, a polarization.