Who is your favorite civilization in Civ5?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by LarryFitzJ, Feb 1, 2012.

?

Favorite Civilization in Civ5 (Limit 3 votes)

1. America

12.2%
  2. Arabia

6.9%
  3. Aztec

13.8%
  4. Babylon

16.5%
  5. China

13.8%
  6. Egypt

9.6%
  7. England

6.9%
  8. France

17.6%
  9. Germany

8.5%
  10. Greece

5.9%
  11. Inca

8.0%
  12. India

5.3%
  13. Iroquois

8.5%
  14. Japan

11.7%
  15. Ottoman

3.2%
  16. Persia

12.2%
  17. Polynesia

6.4%
  18. Rome

15.4%
  19. Russia

8.5%
  20. Siam

6.4%
  21. Songhai

6.9%
  22. Spain

9.0%
  23. Viking (Denmark)

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LarryFitzJ

LarryFitzJ Chieftain

I noticed that the Iroquois are the only ones untouched. I also noticed that Rome is first (my favorite civ):D

2. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I'm surprised the Iroquois are the only ones untouched. If I realized the poll allowed for 3 votes, I would've included them. I'm playing with them right now for the first time, and I'm amazed by how powerful they are. Their UA isn't anything special, but Swordsmen without iron that have a large bonus in forests & jungles are early game beasts. It's easy to jump out to a large lead with that, and then their UB provides a nice bonus to production as well as long as you leave forests around. I'm having one of my best games ever in my first game with them.

3. AntiCommie

AntiCommie Chieftain

Probably a stupid question, but is a US Mech Infantry better then any other nation? Is the US Stealth Bomber better then any other SB? I like the Americans the best too, but it seems their late game units only last 10-20 turns before I get the next upgrade. Other specials seem much better then the US/German late game units.

4. Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves Grand Inquisitor

Arabia: because this game added the somewhat silly ability to rushbuy nearly everything at any time, gold is extremely important for every VC, and for diplo it's lifeblood, hence the Bazaar being the most overpowered non-wonder-building in the game, whatever you feel like doing the Arabia is always a great choice, and the camel archers are like hard mode keshiks, which is a lot more fun.

Aztec: Montezuma is a hoot and the biggest troll in the game, his heavy aggression high culture style is a lot of fun for a domination or culture VC, and his UA scales with units power so continued slaughtering of your foes stays beneficial. I should note that this tends to be my natural playing style anyway but I imagine who enjoys a bit of warmongering can enjoy it.

Babylon: Get an absurd tech advantage you say? And the walls and archers are nice too especially on the immortal+ difficulties where you'll really need them.
    Warmonger or space race, both work very well for him.

I'd include Mongolia but their UU is so ridiculously strong it turns war from a joke into a parody of the game.
    And being a native I'd have loved to include some European countries but I tend to find them a bit lackluster, France is half decent and Alex and Otto are pretty good for specific VC's but there is almost no flexibility and apart from Alex they are all outclassed by other civ's in their respective talents (and in my experience diplo VC is kind of a joke that you can roll with if your afraid you might lose to a cultural or science VC).

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

The Dutch. :mischief:

6. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

So the most underated civ is one of the favorites?

7. LarryFitzJ

LarryFitzJ Chieftain

What Civ?
    Rome has entered the lead!:woohoo:

8. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

America

9. Stealth Bumbler

Stealth Bumbler Chieftain

Their UU's have promotions that carry through upgrades, and that is what makes them powerful. A bomber with no promotions is junk, a bomber with two promotions is little more useful, but America can roll out a fresh bomber with four promotions which is when they get really overpowered, and they upgrade to SB's relatively cheap, at which point they become unstoppable. Mech infantry that started as minutemen will have the ignore movement penalty in rough terrain, making them more useful than tanks in those areas.

10. therottweiler

therottweiler Chieftain

China. Papermaker Cho-Ku-Nu and improved great generals! What is not to like.

11. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Thinx one of the beter civilizations especially in multiplayer

12. LarryFitzJ

LarryFitzJ Chieftain

Why is Babylon so powerful?:think:

13. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

all of their bonuses are given out before the classical era. better walls, better archers, and a free scientist from writing are what they need to survive early warmongering. and the RA bonus is just key to every stage of the game. mid/late game they are like everyone else but they have the RA bonus all game. and when they came out there werent any science-specific civs. Korea is also a science-benefit civ so there is at least some choice in who you want the science vic with. plenty of other civs are good at it, just not with science-specific bonuses.

14. alangtknox

alangtknox Chieftain

Korea science bonus and turtle ships rule in water dominate maps
    Aztec run through the forest and jungle, vampire healing, and culture every kill.
    Iriquois are becoming a favorite, having deer become a 3 food and 3 production is very powerful adding gold to tile later is also good
    Songhai due to unique building and the barbarian money bonus.

Really depends on map as to which I choose.

15. ense7en

ense7en n7

I already made my three votes.

Can't believe Incans are getting so little love.

They are so much fun and so strong in really any situation.

Their start bias allows them to do well on really any map type, though obviously Highlands probably would be best.

16. Nevyn

Nevyn Warlord

India: Huge population.
    Egypt: For all the wonders.
    Siam: If you play with many CS.

17. TImithius

TImithius Chieftain

Rome-Since Rome is my favorite to read about and its units and special ability
    France-Amazing culture bonus and unique units
    Babylon-Tech advantage

18. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

Of course, but I don't let my country of residence or heritage bias my choice.

I picked Babylon.
    Tons of ways to play, as science can be applied to anything.
    You could do domination (Bowman rush), culture (turtle strategy), science, or even diplomatic.

Never played America to be honest.
    Maybe the newly released War Academy Guide has something to do with it.

19. ezbutton

ezbutton Warlord

I'm surprised America is up there because I remember from a previous poll that America got bashed. I voted Aztecs cause I love their UA, UB and UU, although Persia would be a close second but to me their UU is a bit worse than Jag warriors.

Fav DLC civ is a different matter but I'll have to go w/ one of the more unpopular civs w/ Spain. Although luck based, their UA provides quite a bit of happiness (local to boot as well) and make natural wonders useful (Grand messa = Hill w/ tp and river UNLESS your Spain). Also, their Tercio's are damn strong considering most civs have a UU knight (Arabia, Mongolia, Siamese and you could even mention Russia's Cossacks since they could deal w/ those as well) and their own knight has very nice perks and can easily take out outlying cities no problem.

20. Pax_Romanus

Pax_Romanus Chieftain

If spain gets the fountain of youth in their borders, they can pretty much conquer with impunity for a long time. I agree, good, luck-based, and a tad underrated.