Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

Gori the Grey

The Poster
Just to save a derail in the "What can Democrats Do . . . " thread.

R2D2 is of course the correct answer. But what is yours?

Yoda, it is.
"Wars not make one great" and
"Luminous beings are we, not this....crude matter."
Han and Qui-Gon tie for second, with R2 and 3PO probably tying for third.

Vadar (after EpIII of course)

Most of the KOTOR characters are rather neato burrito, but if we're sticking with canon then it'd have to be Obi-Wan.

Probably Grevious, he was kinda neat-o

Btw Darth Maul was lame, I can't understand why people like him

I think for now it is still Luke. We'll see what he does in the next two movies. IMO his overall story arc seems to be leading to a big climax in ep 9, so there might be big changes in my opinion of him depending on what happens. If his story resolves in a way that feels complete then it might be hard to beat his "my favourite Star Wars character" status, but we'll see.

Yoda, it is.
"Wars not make one great" and
"Luminous beings are we, not this....crude matter."
Han and Qui-Gon tie for second, with R2 and 3PO probably tying for third.

Totally Qui-Gon. We might be the only ones.

Han Solo kind of makes the original movies fun. Without him they would be pretty dull. Still, I find it implausible that Lando couldn't woo the princess away from him. Billy Freaking Dee!

Grand Admiral Thrawn without a doubt. That guy is insanely awesome.

But if canon only... I can't pick. Too many I love. Lando, chewie, wicket, han, yoda, jar jar binks, boba fett, salacious crumb, vader, mace windu, obi wan are all in my tops. And only three of those are a joke!

Seriously though vader is basically star wars and star wars is vader. The first 3 episodes are his origin and fall, the last 3 are his redemption story. His fall and redemption is the central theme to everything star wars. I wonder if this is going to change with episodes 8, 9 and so on. In 7 vader was still very much present, as he seemed to still have a grip on kylo ren and drive that story forward. So we'll see if vader's footprint is still on everything.

Yoda, how can you not love yoda? And we still have no origin story for him which makes him all that much more mysterious.

Then you have typical badasses like chewie, lando, boba fett and mace windu. They're all really cool for similar reasons. Han breathes life into the original trilogy, without his humor and snark those movies would be very flat. Obi wan is just a cool character, transitioning from a padawan into a jedi master and being so central to the vader plotline. The end of episode 3 when he's screaming at anakin you were supposed to bring balance to the force not destroy it! is bonechilling.

Btw Darth Maul was lame, I can't understand why people like him

Going out with less attractive friends is effective. There was one other decent character in that movie with significant screen time, and... oh wait. Yeah.

I've come relatively to peace with the cocaine combat muppet than I used to be, even if I still don't like it. He wasn't quite as wise yet.

Thrawn is canonical, right? Not the version of him as penned by Timothy Zahn, but..

As for Yoda I used to like him but.. The prequels made me think less highly of him

I don't think he is. Zahn invented him. And now episode 7 and onward are clearly not adopting any of that fiction as canon.

Ok I looked it up and Thrawn is kind of confusing. He was invented by Timothy Zahn for the Heir to the Empire series (fantastic series imo and my favorite star wars books). Then when Disney bought the star wars rights and declared all that stuff non canon, Heir to the Empire was included in that. But they decided to keep Thrawn as a canon character reinvented in the series Rebels. And now Zahn is authoring a new book about the canon Thrawn as portrayed in Rebels. It's a little weird and especially since Rebels is a cartoon more aimed at kids. I'm not sure if the book will be but I doubt it. Although there's nothing offensive in the heir to the empire series and kids could read it, it's also adult fiction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Thrawn

Going out with less attractive friends is effective. There was one other decent character in that movie with significant screen time, and... oh wait. Yeah.

Darth maul in the movie kind of sucks. But in the cartoon series clone wars you get to see his backstory and he's much more interesting. The horns are actually attributes of his alien race and he comes from this planet of force attuned warriors so the sith regularly go there to take apprentices. Ventress from clone wars is the same race.

Last edited:
Top Bottom