Who is your least favourite AI opponent?

MKamp

Chieftain
So the leader that you hate to play against and rather just kill off as soon as possible not matter what your victory plan?

For me it has to be Elizabeth. She's such a snobby b!tch! I seriously hate her.

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say someone like Pacal or Pachacuti. They always found a religion and ram it down my throat whether I've founded one myself or not.

pocatello, hands down. swallows up all the land with his UA and founds tons of cities on top of it. his personality is irritating too in that if you settle even remotely close to him he seems to hate you for the entire game and is a constant threat who always seems to keep up in military

Alex - Argh! Annoying dude! keeps denouncing me for no reason + steals my CS'
elizabeth - For God's sake! She is the queen of bloody england! Not Rome or Byzantine or Ottoman! Why the hell she thinks she is superior to others?
Catherine and Hiawatha - I think these guys recruiting settlers in 1 turn or something. *Cities, cities everywhere*

I do not mind the strong opponents.

Venice I really hate to see in the game. Adds nothing, just subtracts.

If he is close by, it is likely my CS that he spoils. And I have a soft target that makes the game easier than it should be.

If Venice is further away, then my ability to shield CS from this parasite is compromised. And his being a soft target means that a rival is getting a buff when I am already struggling.

It varies from time to time, right now I'm in the Pocatello camp, his land grabs irritate me no end. If you had asked me a few months ago, it would have been Venice, I hate him swallowing up city states, and before that it was King K who spoils my exploring fun because he will almost always has found every AI, city-state and goodie hut before I can (but I like playing all these for pretty much the same reasons).

For me it has to be Elizabeth. She's such a snobby b!tch! I seriously hate her.

For me she isn't my least favorite but I have to totally agree with this statement. I can never get on her good side and the only time I gotten a DoF was after bringing her back to life.

For me I can't stand Hiawatha and if he spawns near me I will make every effort to knock him out of the game even to the point it will cost me a win.

Mongolia is pretty annoying, especially when your tactic is allying with as many CSs as possible. His UA is focused on taking over CSs so if he goes after one that you are allied with, your choices are to try to block his path, bribe him into making peace or declaring war on him. I used to try and gift units to my allied CSs but they are even worse than Civs at combat and will embark their units as soon as you gift them.

There has only been one occasion where gifting units has worked for me - it was late game and Mongolia were still around. I had two ally buffer CSs between me and him and he declared war on both. I had great unit production so I churned out loads of Xcom squads and para-dropped them into CS territory and gifted them (lots of them). It was so much fun seeing the mighty Mongolia beaten back by little City States!!

Mongolia is pretty annoying, especially when your tactic is allying with as many CSs as possible. His UA is focused on taking over CSs so if he goes after one that you are allied with, your choices are to try to block his path, bribe him into making peace or declaring war on him. I used to try and gift units to my allied CSs but they are even worse than Civs at combat and will embark their units as soon as you gift them.

There has only been one occasion where gifting units has worked for me - it was late game and Mongolia were still around. I had two ally buffer CSs between me and him and he declared war on both. I had great unit production so I churned out loads of Xcom squads and para-dropped them into CS territory and gifted them (lots of them). It was so much fun seeing the mighty Mongolia beaten back by little City States!!

I try a different tactic, I park my own units between his units and the city so that his melee units can't move in to cap while his other units take fire from the CS and their ranged units. At worst you can buy yourself some time until you get more units to help them out

Probably Alexander. Not necessarily because he is aggressive (I don't mind Aztecs/Huns), but because he will flip CS's and declare war and refuses to sign peace even if he is getting crushed. It is very difficult to stay peaceful if this guy is next door and best just to completely remove him from the map...

In contrast, Monty will rush you, fail, then sign peace and be friends for the rest of the game.

I hate Ethiopia. He is always sending waves of missionaries and great prophets before I've even enhanced my religion. I just rage quit a game because of that.

He was too far enough away for me to kick his butt and take him out of the game, but close enough to totally screw up my game.

I hate Ethiopia.

Alexander, Pocatello, Hiawatha, and also Pacal because he likes the Oracle too much.

Is it possible to bar certain civilizations without picking all of them? It would be nice to keep annoying pushover civs like Venice out of my games while still keeping mystery about who the opponents are.

I hate Ethiopia. He is always sending waves of missionaries and great prophets before I've even enhanced my religion. I just rage quit a game because of that.

He was too far enough away for me to kick his butt and take him out of the game, but close enough to totally screw up my game.

I hate Ethiopia.

On deity a religion is just a total waste of time unless that's all you go for.
The AI dumps all of his faith into units as soon as he can, it's hilarious to watch them fight over cities near them. I see them flip the same city 10 times in a game, accomplishing nothing whatsoever in the process lol. I guess they have nothing else to do with faith since they get everything basically for free in their cities anyway.

^^I don't play deity, but you're right that religion is difficult at that level (from what I've read).

I know what you mean about the AIs fighting over cities with their religion spam and flipping cities a dozen times.

Austria.

I dunno why, but I have a severe knee jerk reaction of total contempt and hatred for that fat wench. I don't like looking at her, I don't like talking to her, and I don't wanna see her any longer than I have to.

She dies first, every time.

Top Bottom