Who left the music on?

Originally posted by Remorseless
and Metallica seems to fit the pre-A.D. years.

Hehehe, that's actually quite funny! I was thinking about it the other day when playing Civ: It's better to listen to some rock when in the BC years, makes one feel more primitive ;) .. For the medieval era listen to some classical stuff (Bach is best IMO), and finish listening to some funky trance/dance/drum n bass just to keep you awake in the late hours :D

I've got nothing against the Civ2 music. But I never have it on, since I run Winamp in the background, and the Civ2 music mixed together with Winamp just sounds bad.

BTW, I mostly play 2.42 or FW, so I don't need the CD. And before I got Winamp, I played music CD's with the Windows CD player, since I wanted to hear the whole songs through. Seriously, that's how I found out what's the best music on most CD's i got at that time!

Originally posted by Astroboy
You people should feel lucky... my music doesnt even work.
You need the CD in the drive to listen to your music. If you put it in, then try getting a special CD (it will have some bristles on it in one section) that will clean out your dirve. This is all asuming that your comp has sound... but cleaning out your drive will let you play all CD-ROMs better.

Originally posted by Patches97
My game won't even work without the CD!!!
You must have MGE, that wont work without a Civ disk, but I have found out that a classic disk works as well.

Gold was actualy the first civ game I played. My mom got it out of the library and thought I would like it. My parents accidentaly got classic for Chrismas, so I played that on and off for a few years, getting gold whan I could. I borrowed FW from my uncle the last time I saw him (mid dec.) and during one time I was looking at the downloads, I noticed that you needed to play with a civ disk in for MGE, so I thought that I would try it, and it worked.

Civ music off, Classic blues (t bone walker, little walter, amos milburn, The king, keb mo', etc.) during good times. War, listen to good aggressive music (otep most of the time)

I'm playing Red Front right now, while listening to Apocalyptica-Hope volume 2. It fits the mood in the summertime.

I had the music on for years, and I have no idea why. I eventually turned it off, and started to listen to real music via Winamp while playing.

I had the CivIII music on for the first 2-3 games, then returned to Winamp. Don't think I've heard any of the new C3C music ...

The Music is great. It's too bad they couldn't make some good music for Civ3 (Except conquests)

Does it really matter that much. I hardly notice the music when Im playing.

Does music matter, you ask??? Why, music is the soul to emotion, battle, nationalism.....

Ahem, where was I? Oh yes. I listened to the civ music for about two seconds the first time playing and it went off. I couldn't remember anymore what it was like, so I turned it on just now and yah, it went off in 1.5 seconds. I listen to anything from Baroque to Classical to Madrigals of the Renaissance to Romantic to easy listening to pop and light rock...quite a variety. The easy listening is rather ironic though. I'll be blasting some city to bits and be listening to some pretty song...ha ha.... oh well.

I used to listen to the game music, but after about 50 or 60 games I turned it off (though I kept the sound effects on), and now I meditate my choices to the droning hum of my computer.

it's a 9 member speed-metal band. To put it mildly, them boys need some serious anger managment...

Yeah most people tend to disagree with me on my taste of music :band: Metal is good when your at war though you should try it. By the way i dont think they have 9 members anymore that seems like a lot to me

Top Bottom