Who likes Arabia?

I began to use Arabia in Sid just recently, their UU is really great.
unbeatable in the middle age,
And, the riligious trait is also the most important.:soldier:

Originally posted by Artifex
Anyone like to play this Civ?

I don't often play as the Arabs, but I enjoy it when I do. I like the cheap temples and quick anarchy. I also like being able to crank out scouts to give my cities something to build while waiting for them to grow, which means I explore more quickly, make contact more quickly, yadda yadda yadda.

I also like the UU. Having the third movement point is handy for attacking via the corners a city of culture influence 3 or attacking a culture level 2 city that's in not-so-good terrain.

oddly enough, I too have a regent game going as arabia. The UU is indeed a good one.

Originally posted by toh6wy
In my game, the Arabs are pink, and so are the Chinese - and if they aren't exactly the same shade of pink, then I for one can't tell the difference. Good thing they don't share a border. I thought that the "Primary/Alternate Civ Colors" thing in the editor was supposed to prevent this...

There is a bug where some Civs sometimes have exactly the same colour. One of my first Conquests game was like this. I'm not sure what conditions are necessary to replicate it, but I do have a save game somewhere, I think!

not enough colours in the game :p
happened to me with only 11 civs
you just have to have civs with same colours :p

There's more than enough colours to cover the 5 or so Civs that were in my game. If it can't use a Secondary colour, it should use another unused one -- even if it isn't one of the Primary or Secondary colours for any of the Civs in the game.

Seems to me, that this has been at least minimized with 1.15.

Just an impression from my first games using this patch, but I see that a lot of nations now use colours which I didn't notice to use them in the past

I get it a lot with the purple civs. There are a couple of "similar" shades of purple but I've had it a few times where 2 civs were the exact same shade. Very confusing.

I don't have a problem playing any CIV. Random. I don't like to play as a pink color CIV :vomit:

I prefer the Mongol's Keshik and its traits to Arabia's traits and it's Ansar, however, a speedy UU is nice to have as one is usually eager to get them rolling..the Ansar comes at a time (as does the Keshik) when alot of civs have their UU tho,...which is why i like the Conquistidor best of all...it comes at a time between other civ's UU's and is the fastest of all.
In so far as color....these creator guys need to experiment a bit with Value...look, u can have at Least three really distinct shades of any color , a dark, a middle and a light. How hard is it to make a clear distincion ? 6 main colors , plus black ..that means on a huge map one could have 21 distinct colors.
If one wanted more than one simply would add to the 6 main colors (red green blue yellow orange violet) making a Red/orange green/blue ect. scale, -each toned to three shades of- dark (really dark) -middle (nice and clear)- and light (really light)-creating 39. (and if one wanted even more then add yellow/orange yellow/green ect) -making 51.
And too ...Relativity...a big idea-and in color theory about as
far as we have gotten....which is to say that if u have 18 civs then the computer should select colors that are seperate in so far as there relation to each other as visually percieved.

Top Bottom