1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who picked a better Veep for the race?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MobBoss, Aug 29, 2008.

?

Which Candidate made a better choice in the Vice President Candidate?

1. Obama. His choice of Biden was better.

85 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. McCain. His choice of Palin was better.

37 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. I have no idea how this is going to play out.

22 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

fwiw, Dr. James Dobson just made the comment that he would pull the lever for a McCain/Palin ticket, even though he said he wouldnt ever vote for McCain earlier in the year.

So McCains choice does seem to be influencing some disaffected conservatives out there.

2. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

It just proves that Dobson hasn't forgotten how to whore himself out for attention.

3. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Or that his endorsement doesn't yield any results for the issues he supposedly cares about.

4. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

You guys are missing the point. Dobson, like him or not, means significant votes for McCain. Him making such a statement is indeed a foreshadowing of the right closing ranks to the extent that the democrats are simply unable to do.

5. Norseone

Norseone Emperor

She hunts Moose...how much tougher can you get?!

6. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Wow. Just wow.

Are you guys picking an x-men team, or deciding who will run a country for 4 years? The election is played out as a giant marketing popgroup idols and everyone is just lining up to join the fun and games.

I really have no idea how this will work out. I'm totally in the dark about the US voter's motivations. From what I've read, and heard, politics isn't usually one of them. Since both candidates are running on programs which leave the country many hundreds of billion dollars extra deficit in 2012, which means either they won't keep their promises, or America will have a ecomomical iron ball on it's ankle the size of Alaska. And no one is calling the candidates on their bullcrap.

Anyway, good luck America for the next 4 years. And remember, whoever wins .... you lose ;)

7. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

She is trendy.

8. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

^^ Classic :goodjob:

9. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

I agree DT. Assuming people on here like politics and dabble in the occasional PC game, I will share "The Political Machine". A cute game that emerged in the '04 elections, there was a character in their you could pick up unknowingly called the "Kook". This little guy can be placed in a state and swing that state's vote 18 points in one direction or another. Sarah Palin is our "Kook".

Biden was a safe choice that doesn't do squat for Independent voters. Sarah Palin is a huge gamble that an actually yield huge gains, or huge losses.

I admire this pick, and find it to be really exciting. Whether or not it will help McCain is yet to be seen, but there will now be movement. You can bet on that. And thus, I think it is a genius pick.

However, I disagree on the resume thing. Fact is, Obama and Palin are both woefully inexperienced, and neither really can claim anything more. Obama was a Senator for an extra year, but that is gone in campaigning. And a "Community Leader" is about as much justification for being President as bagging a trophy moose.

~Chris

10. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Which is why it is no suprise that Dobson made sure he had two rounds of publicity before telling his sheep how to bah.

11. SirLamphead

SirLamphead Prince

Though being a Democrat I think McCain picked the better VP.
    If the Hillary followers are really as pissed as some claim than a woman VP might be something they would vote for.

12. Murky

Murky Deity

Biden is definitely the better of the two picks. He's not currently involved in a scandal and he's more inline with the politics of the day.

13. scy12

scy12 Deity

Palin is a creationist ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

This is a desperation move on McCain's part. McCain wants to beat on Obama on the experience issue, and he picks someone with notably less experience than Obama ;)

15. Lay_Lay

Lay_Lay King

That is not a fact. It is yet to be determined.

16. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Biden as a pick was definentely much better than Palin. Much, much better I think.

17. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

That's how it seems for me as well. At least it sure looks that Obama chose Biden just because he is an old white man, while McCain picked Palin because she is a young woman (I am guessing he couldn't find a black young woman who is a republican ;) ).

Maybe this is unfair towards both candidates, but I don't think their resumes mattered all that much.

18. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Godwynn I am curious as to how this affects your vote. Does this make you more or less likely to vote for mcain?

19. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

He coulda picked Condi :p

20. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Sigged..........