Who poses or posed the greater threat against the United States of America?

Mr. Dictator

A Chain-Smoking Fox
Bradley Manning or Edward Snowden?

Would drone carding them be acceptable?

Bradley Manning, obviously. And he's going to be in prison for a long long time. Why even bring up drones here?

Snowden, on the other hand, is possibly a hero of sorts. I honestly haven't delved too much into the whole story, but if what the NSA was doing is absolutely illegal and he outed them, then he's the poster child for whistle blowers.

Bradley Manning, obviously. And he's going to be in prison for a long long time. Why even bring up drones here?

Snowden, on the other hand, is possibly a hero of sorts. I honestly haven't delved too much into the whole story, but if what the NSA was doing is absolutely illegal and he outed them, then he's the poster child for whistle blowers.

At what point did Manning ever put anyone in danger? And more danger than what's done to the state's legitimacy? Spying on your own citizenry is something that goes a bit further than some headlines and impeachments. It's a symptom of a long established cancer in our current system. Do you think Manning's actions made civil unrest more likely?

The military clearly stated that Mannings actions directly put people's lives in danger.

Where is the George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, et al, and their supporters option?

The military clearly stated that Mannings actions directly put people's lives in danger.

With the distinct sound of serpentry in their *hock* tongue.

Any less biased accounts of his impact?

Where is the George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, et al, and their supporters option?

If I could tell you where they were, I'd be too busy biting concrete and drinking tea with the thought police.

I think it is quaint how Bradley Manning must be some horrible monster because the military says so, while Edward Snowden isn't for doing essentially the same thing for the same motives. The only real difference is that Snowden waited to be a wistleblower. He almost did so while working for the CIA but he realized he could have actually contributed to the deaths of CIA agents, something which has still not been proven to be true for a single person due to the acts of Bradley Manning.

The government failing at regulating big business, big business, and processed/fast food.

Manning and Snowden are mildly good.

It's probably not illegal, secret government things tend to be legal by definition, regardless of what they are.

And the government is claiming the recent leaks put the country in danger. Why in the world believe one claim and not the other?

Killing them extra-judicially is a no. Locking them up to await trial and cutting off any foreign aid to nations that offer them asylum? Yes.

Why can't we have a George Rodham Obama option?

Otherwise, I cannot vote.

Manning and Snowden are mildly good.

They are both potentially criminals.

Manning much more obviously so, but only for the simple reason we know the materials he released weren't against the law. If the admin, as sorry as I am to say it, has acted within the law with valid reason to do what it did, then Snowden is obviously a criminal and not a whistleblower.

A whistleblower is not defined as someone who outs something simply because they disagree with it. A whistleblower is someone who outs illegal behavior that is being conducted by those with authority. You aren't a whistleblower if you out perfectly legal secret programs that are part of our security apparatus simply because you disagree with them.

Meh even if its not whistleblowing, taking information from all americans is a bit different than the "we want to spy on terrorists" line they sold their draconian acts with. If they had been up front and honest about what sort of powers they wanted the probability of voter supporter would have been greatly reduced.

You aren't a whistleblower if you out perfectly legal secret programs that are part of our security apparatus simply because you disagree with them. Everyone except Including Republicans knew about the secret warrentless wiring tapping, when it was FIRST reported back in 2006 that the program started back in 2001 after 9-11

Fixed for you.
Not exactly much of a whistleblower if warrentless wire tapping was already widely reported years ago.

Moderator Action: If you have a comment on a quote, there is no need to comment within the quote-box as it can be confusing about what was and was not said by that user.

Bradley Manning or Edward Snowden?
Clearly, the law is the arbitrator of good and evil.
Some say, law is the mere arbitrator of legality and illegality.
Some more snarky people say it is the mere arbitrator of what legally deemed responsible personal deem to be legal and illegal.
But some people still know the worth of easy answers and I'll tell you: law is the arbitrator of good and evil.
Hang them both.

Spoiler :
Sheep are as stupid as they sound :(

Fixed for you.
Not exactly much of a whistleblower if warrentless wire tapping was already widely reported years ago.

You know what? Doing that with a word or two is one thing. Changing the entire comment is crap. Stop it.

For a nation founded by traitors, you guys can be pretty hard on traitors.

Neither poses any risk to the United States of America. Bradley Manning might have endangered a few soliders and Snowden might pose a problem for some of the top brass but ultimately not much will happen because of their actions.

Top Bottom