Who should become the Interim Chieftain for Term 6?

Who should become the Interim Chieftain for Term 6?

• Hyronymus

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Provolution

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Grant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hyronymus

Troop leader
With the resignation from the Chieftain Office by dutchfire our nation has become crippled, just when we are waging war with the evil Germans. I ask every citizen of our fine nation to use their right to vote on who should become the Interim Chieftain for term 6.

The Interim Chieftain will take the position of Chieftain immediatly after being elected. If the Interim Chieftain holds another office he must appoint a replacement for the lower Office. The nominees are:
  • Hyronumus
  • Provolution
  • Grant
The poll is private and runs for 2 days.

Please make a new poll between Hyronymys and Grant only, I am not doing any clean-up operation for the major aspect of the nation. I am not worthy to the task either, as I can tell from the way I am made a topic of discussion.

So please, set up a new poll, without me as an option.

Do we have an order of succession? IF not then we need to get that written. In addition we probably need to check the legality of a poll like this. IF we have no order of succession then we need to open up to anyone instead of just replacing an opening in one office with an opening in another one.

/I havent been following all of the discussion so maybe this was brought up. I am catching up now..since I am back at work.

Do we have an order of succession? IF not then we need to get that written. In addition we probably need to check the legality of a poll like this. IF we have no order of succession then we need to open up to anyone instead of just replacing an opening in one office with an opening in another one.

/I havent been following all of the discussion so maybe this was brought up. I am catching up now..since I am back at work.
The start was promising but you lost me halfway in your post. There has been some discussion for the past days over what to do and noone stepped forward. We can sit and wait or get a little more active so I decided to start this poll. However, Provolution wants to be excluded so a new one must be made. I won't create a new poll until I fully comprehend your post though.

Hyronymus

Basically...is this even a legal poll. Do we just include current officers or do we open it up to citizens.

Hyronymus

Basically...is this even a legal poll. Do we just include current officers or do we open it up to citizens.

I agree. I'm not sure this poll is legal. Luckily Nobody brought it up with a JR. Thanks Nobody, as I was considering doing it myself. :)

Please remove from this poll. :)

Since this poll has a JR against it, it would be best not to edit the poll.

Come on guys, the public has been quiet all the time since dutchfire resigned and now that someone (being me) brings it to a poll the concern rises if the people knew?

Being informed is not something only the Officials are responsible for, it's a private responsibility for everyone too.

I think it would have been best to discuss among the governor's first this idea of running a direct poll on who the new chieftain should be. That said I think it is the best idea for deciding this as clearly the decision was lagging heavily in the khural. It may be illegal as the constitution requires the governors to select the new chieftain, but I'm sure if the other governors would post a blessing of this poll it could be legalized.

Also while we're creating the new poll without provolution, we might also want to make sure that any other interested citizens are given a day or two to post their interest in the office.

Come on guys, the public has been quiet all the time since dutchfire resigned and now that someone (being me) brings it to a poll the concern rises if the people knew?

Being informed is not something only the Officials are responsible for, it's a private responsibility for everyone too.

Some of us were away for the weekend... It has nothing to do with you personally. What it has to do with is getting it right the first time. IF you poll this and get a result whats to say that result is not over turned and then we are back at square one. ALSO since you are one of the candidates...its better to have someone else start the poll since this is not a typical poll.(for example...why is your name listed first and not alphabetical)

I have been away for awhile BUT plan on becoming a bit more active due to some reductions in my numbers of pitboss games.

Now as far as anyone stepping up to take over...can you blame them when you have such strong personalities "fighting" and so many problems. One suggestion may be to throw this whole government out and do all new elections. That way we can fill all the positions at one time, instead of having officers sliding positions which will end up with more delays. In the previous demogame, you could apply for a vacancy if you had an office. I hope that got brought into this game to help stream line the vacancy filling process.

Please read the Judiciary topic too, robboo and welcone back in advance.

I never nominated myself, I was never nominated, and I do not want to be taken hostage for a platform I do not represent. This is why this poll should be repolled without me. That said, I understand very well that Hyro wants to poll this, and I also understands that it is very hard to poll anything in this game, as there are almost no procedures for anything, but the repoll and the court method. This is part of the reason there is a weak organization of this game, as officials are not real officials at all.

My apologies for including you in the first place as I thought ordinaryguy nominated you.

That is all ok, the situation was a bit confusing. Still, Ordinaryguy nominated Grant2004. I know I have some support, but the resource and infrastructure party has been running modest lately, so I will keep my peace.

As Provo mentioned in the Judiciary thread, only the elders are supposed to vote on the new Chieftain, therefore that makes this poll invalid. Plus, including Provo, who was neither nominated nor wishes to be nominated, makes this poll invalid.

My suggestion, is we [elders] start discussing this via PM or something.

Yes, develop some intellectual consensus, akin to the Papal elections, and please do so in PM in order to preempt speculation and uproar.

Contact candidates you want in PM mode, and as soon the 4 elders have consensus (this is the type of situation which calls for 5 provinces, not 4, so we get a special number that can break ties), announce it.

Moderator, please close this poll. I never wanted to be a candidate here.

I think this poll shows a situation we've seen before.

Something happens, in the meta-game or in the actual game, and we need to decide something. Someone starts discussing it, and mentions a couple of options. There is very limited discussion by the citizens, with only a few citizens posting what they are thinking. At a certain point in time, these few citizens have made their points, and the discussion stops. A couple of days later, someone realizes that a decision hasn't been made yet, and he wants to poll it. He's in a rush because the game has been halted by the issue already. He immediately makes a poll. Some other people, who most of the time weren't involved in the initial discussion, question the validity of the poll.
All hell breaks lose, including JRs, CCs, new polls, new poll to override the new polls, new polls to override the new polls that were there to override the other new polls...

100 % agree with Dutchfire here. The game set-up is too flawed, that I rather would set my energies into the next demogame already. It seems that some of the passive lurkers only pops up to halt any needed reform of the game and claim business as usual, as they were initially happy with the constitution.

The judicial system here is nothing but the Box of Pandora, you open it, and all hell breaks loose.

Top Bottom