• someone else (please state below)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

disorganizer

Deity
This relates closely to the poll should we use a "turn-1". Please look there for details on "turn-1" playout before you vote in here!
The result of this poll will only take effect if the above poll is accepted! So please assume in here that it was accepted.

Who should playout the turn-1? This is a good question. As the president of term 4 is eventually no president in term1, or mods a also citizens, this also is a tough one.
DOM has no civ3, and i dont know if we will find someone else trusted enough to play it out.

Here are the options:
* Eyrei
* Shaitan
* The President of Term 5 (=Chieftess)
* someone else (please state below)
* abstain

The poll will be up for 3 days.

Designated player in the next game should be the only one doing any playing, naturelment. :rolleyes:

Assuming there is a "turn -1", as that matter is currently under much dispute, then clearly the new DP/President should play it.

The new president, of course.

We shouldn't even be having this poll. Shaitan and Dis you are feeding off the newbies. Shame on you. It, of course, should be the new DP/President

I will toss in my agreement as well. I also don't think we should even be having this poll.

You know what Cyc & Eyrei? I agree with you both. I don't know why I ddn't do this from the start, but....

This poll is invalid, as the poll options and subject have not been subject to prior citizen discussion in the fora. I ask the Judge Advocate to post his review of this poll, and should he agree with my verdict I request that this poll be closed by a moderator as soon as possible.

Public Defender's Warning

I have noticed that in recent days people have been playing it fast & loose with polls. As of now I will be paying much closer attention to the legality of the polls posted in this forum, and will not hesitate to subject to review and subsequent closure those which do not conform to the polling standards. It will therefore be much faster for citizens to simply follow those standards than to attempt to rush the issue with an impromptu poll. Thankyou for your time.

~Eklektikos
Public Defender, Polling Standards Commissioner, Spoilsport. :p

I agree with everyone who agrees. ;) I think both Shaitan and Disorganizer need to take a break from this game, and let some of the newer players take the helm. Just be referees, not the rule makers (let the newer players do that). All of this piling on of polls, discussions, and quick votes seems a bit agreesive to me (and takes away part of the fun). I think major game/rule changes should have a weeks' worth of discussion, not a day (and certainly not "ok, someone said something I'm satified with, I'll put up the poll and close the thread") - which is another debate in its' entirety.

Judge Advocate Response

I am less clear on the right the Judiciary has to intefere with polling in progress, but I am clear in my mind that any result from this poll would not be valid.

Code of Standards, Section F says:

Point 2 All polls should have the following information:
a Poll type in the header and first post.
b Poll start and end dates/times in the first post.
(1) End dates/times can be conditional. (Example: poll ends at the beginning of the next chat turn)
c Link to relevant discussion threads in the first post.
d Inclusion of an “Abstain” option.

When it says all polls, that means even informational polls. Were this poll intended to be the basis for actual decision making, then it would also need to meet these standards:

Point 3 Official polls
a Quorum level is 1/2 of the census.
b Poll should proceed as follows:
(1) Discussion thread, up for 24 hours minimum (48 hours plus is preferred). Then,
(2) Proposed poll, up for 24 hours minimum. Then,
(3) Poll posted with link from discussion thread.
(4) Poll duration is a minimum of 24 hours (48 hours plus is preferred).
(a) If the poll runs into the weekend it is advised that the duration be extended by 24 hours for each weekend day. Forum participation is much lower on the weekends.
(5) Link to the poll in the Poll Registry and/or Department Thread (if appropriate).

Point 5 refers to informational polls not being binding in any way, but this one is not really worded that way: "The result of this poll will only take effect if the above poll is accepted! So please assume in here that it was accepted."

If it is informational only, it should be clearly marked as such.

Therefore I agree with the Public Defender that this poll, and others like it, are not binding.

I see that our President agrees. I hope that she will now step forward and being leading the process of discussion to arrive at these decisions.

Bill
Judge Advocate

"Someone else" might as well substitute for the DP of that game.

*sigh*
we are really becoming more and more beurocratic.
well, and i think it clearly prooves this GAME(!) really looses its fun.
sorry, but if this crap continues ill be gone the next game as so many before me.

btw:
the whole topic WAS! discussed before. just because some people didnt notice it because they only seem to read threads they open doesnt mean it wasnt discussed...

Originally posted by disorganizer
btw:
the whole topic WAS! discussed before. just because some people didnt notice it because they only seem to read threads they open doesnt mean it wasnt discussed...

Then you would help your cause greatly if you would link those discussion threads into the beginning of the poll.

I for one would reverse my opinion of this poll were you to do that, and note that it is informational.

Bill

i request equal measuring of all polls.
the game setup polls were never discussed and nowhere is stated wheter they are informational or not.
see close request for them ;-)

Originally posted by Eklektikos
Public Defender's Warning

I have noticed that in recent days people have been playing it fast & loose with polls. As of now I will be paying much closer attention to the legality of the polls posted in this forum, and will not hesitate to subject to review and subsequent closure those which do not conform to the polling standards. It will therefore be much faster for citizens to simply follow those standards than to attempt to rush the issue with an impromptu poll. Thankyou for your time.

~Eklektikos
Public Defender, Polling Standards Commissioner, Spoilsport. :p

This goes for me too. I may not have the fancy titles Eklektikos does (yet...), but I'm warming up my book throwing arm. I spend HOURS everyday on this game and there are some polls coming up that I have never seen discussed at all. Hell, at the moment I still don't know what a turn-1 is!! Long live the Polling Standards Commission!

It would be nice if all the polls would be handled this way... not just the ones confronting with the views of some :p

please also show which constitutional paragraphs allows CLOSURE of any poll?

this is a general breach against having people express their will freely.
you can invalidate a poll at any time, but you are not allowed to close them by the ruleset.

Top Bottom