Who still plays Gods and Kings?

Jarhead60

Chieftain
Just curious. I bought Civ 5 a while ago. Got the G&K expansion as well as all the civ DLCs.

I am kinda anal I guess because I am working on getting every victory condition for every civ using different map sizes and speeds. (mostly large and epic though). Started on the level below prince and now am doing king. Even keep a spreadsheet showing me all that I have done.

I read these boards daily and pick up helpful hints occasionally but it sure seems I am in a small number of G&K players.

Was thinking about getting BNW but now that 6 is coming out I think I can keep myself busy with G&K until it comes out.

So sound off if you still play G&K.

Was thinking about getting BNW but now that 6 is coming out I think I can keep myself busy with G&K until it comes out.
I stayed on GnK longer than most, but I definitely would recommend picking up BNW when you can get it cheap. Ideologies and the reworked Cultural Victory are well worth the price, and there are many small improvements.

Plus, from the Ed Beech interviews, it would seem that VI very much builds from BNW and not GnK really. So getting familiar with BNW would prep you better for VI.

GnK doesnt feel as deep as BNW. The scenarios made for GnK play using the GnK dataset even if you have BNW, and that's the only real exposure I've had to it.

If you count the scenario 'Into the Renaissance', I do

ItR is the best thing in the game, followed by New World Deluxe, Scramble Africa and BNW's tourism & ideologies systems.

I wouldn't be playing Civ5 anyomore if it didn't have these awesome scenarios [ItR's replayability alone is outstanding] and such a different victory condition. Going for regular games all the time, and all of them via science or diplomacy would get old real fast.

That's the problem of CivBE: all victories are science and there is no break from that [no scenarios]. Outside that, it is a very kool game; a pity I can't play more than one playthrough w/o getting super bored. But that's offtopic, so shut up, Makenshi! :D

Also, ItR. Seriously. Play it a lot! \o/

If you count the scenario 'Into the Renaissance', I do

ItR is the best thing in the game, followed by New World Deluxe, Scramble Africa and BNW's tourism & ideologies systems.

I wouldn't be playing Civ5 anyomore if it didn't have these awesome scenarios [ItR's replayability alone is outstanding] and such a different victory condition. Going for regular games all the time, and all of them via science or diplomacy would get old real fast.

That's the problem of CivBE: all victories are science and there is no break from that [no scenarios]. Outside that, it is a very kool game; a pity I can't play more than one playthrough w/o getting super bored. But that's offtopic, so shut up, Makenshi! :D

Also, ItR. Seriously. Play it a lot! \o/

Strangely, I have played every Civ (including some modded ones) and won every victory condition for each of them BUT I have not tried any of the scenarios.

I play Gods and Kings, pretty much exclusively. I do have Brave New World and do play it on a rare occasion, but I prefer G&Ks. There are more people that play BNW, but that doesn't make it better imo. With BNW expanded features...more isn't always better. I have no issues finding multiplayer games in G&Ks.

I do. I play all the expansions alltogther, all the time.

I because the diplomatic victory is much better implemented in that game

there it acually matters if you liberated a city state or civ

finally bought BNW. Watching some videos and reading lots to learn the ins and outs. My wife hates Civ even more now. Gonna start playing on Prince level as soon as I can figure out which civ to use first.

Top Bottom