Who wants to give this start a try?

itsnotme

Chieftain
I was going to try a different strategy out on Immortal when I rolled this amazing start on my very first attempt. Note that the southernmost gold revealed after I settled in place. That's why I decided to post the game here. Therefore, I won't have an initial save. Nonetheless, it is still a 4000BC start and I'm sure practically everyone would SIP. The only downside to this is that Catherine does not start with Fishing.

Amazing would be 1E :) ...but, of course, that would be in hindsight... Still the gold can be misleading since to me "ideal" is lots of food and maybe a gem.

NO I would settle on gold! :lol: Or on pigs?:rolleyes:

1E would make it for some OCC, noone would believe it was not cooked.

Amazing would be 1E :) ...but, of course, that would be in hindsight... Still the gold can be misleading since to me "ideal" is lots of food and maybe a gem.

You're right there's not a lot of food here (if only the pig was on grassland instead) but there's enough to work all 3 gold mines. I was thinking of using the Pig/Rice site for a second city and had I known there was a third gold, I would have moved my settler 1E.

Nice start! ^_^ Everyone loves gold. Who doesn't? ^_^ Maybe I will try it for my offline game, though I just recently played as Cathy...

Ridiculous start. This really makes things easy. I mean, at least it's not 3 gems, but still :)

I oracled Civil Service and then went straight to Lib. Around 800 AD I took Military Tradition with no one even having paper. I bet I could have lib'd future tech 12 on this map. Immediate neighbour didn't even have longbows by the time I showed up.

No need to play it out, I get tired of chain vassal stomps.

Nice start! ^_^ Everyone loves gold. Who doesn't? ^_^ Maybe I will try it for my offline game, though I just recently played as Cathy...

Play it out anyway. I would have rerolled for a different leader since I've just recently finished a deity game as Cathy. I just couldn't give this start up....

This reminds me of a Shaka game I had a few months back, where I also had 3 gold in my starting position. I wanted extra food and production more than commerce, so the second hill I mined was an ordinary grass one. Then on about turn 60, up popped an event for that hill: You have discovered a source of gold near Ulundi!

You should've been able to see the 2nd pig in any case, so why you didnt move?

Top Bottom