[BERT] Who Was The First Leader To Defeat You?

HEF

Prince
Be honest!:lol:
No one ever forgets their first loss.

This question applies to owners of both the original Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth & its expansion, Rising Tide (whichever came first). When you first installed the game and launched the game, played partially or completely...

Who was the first leader to cause you to retire or completely defeat you?

I'll never forget Han Jae Moon leader of Chungsu who taunted, "All Your Bases Now Belong To Me!!!"
While destroying my weak attempt at a 3 city sprawl.

If I may be permitted to reply with Vanilla:

The Aliens.

My very first game, I spawned on a peninsula with two alien nests nearby in the middle of a forest full of miasma.

I must have replayed that map five or six times trying to figure out how not to be stymied. :)

If I may be permitted to reply with Vanilla:

The Aliens.

My very first game, I spawned on a peninsula with two alien nests nearby in the middle of a forest full of miasma.

I must have replayed that map five or six times trying to figure out how not to be stymied. :)

:lol: :lol:

The first time I played Beyond Earth, Rising Tide (installed both games at once) and encountered Aliens & the Alien Nests, thought the game played like Civilization V and all the war unit had to do after knocking out the defending Alien was just occupy the hex where the Alien Nest is located to pillage it.

Well, that didn't happened. :confused:

I spent the entire game session trying to fight off re-spawning Aliens *and* the attacks of Han Jae Moon's army all because I couldn't figure out how to pillage Alien Nests!

Oh, I know how to pillage Alien Nests NOW, but I didn't know then! :goodjob:

I've recently purchased Civ: BE on a roommate's advice, it isn't that bad of a game as it's sometimes said. The leader who defeated me first was Hutama who overran my water cities with his fleet.

Assyria.

I was playing as Persia, started right next to Assyria. They overpowered me, and took my second city. I thought, "I could probably take it back."

I tried, and failed miserably. Then they took my capital, which was a few tiles away.

RIP, Darius.

Assyria.

I was playing as Persia, started right next to Assyria. They overpowered me, and took my second city. I thought, "I could probably take it back."

I tried, and failed miserably. Then they took my capital, which was a few tiles away.

RIP, Darius.

You, Sir, are in the wrong part of the forum. :goodjob:

As for my first loss... I must be the exception to the rule because I honestly don't remember. That or I never managed to play a single game that long... :wallbash:

Top Bottom