Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
taillesskangaru-

I'd rank W. Harrison significantly higher; although he did very little for the country, that's much better than the many presidents who impacted it negatively.

Swedishguy-

Putting a ";)" after a comment like that doesn't make it okay.

I meant that Nixon exploited his so-called "end strategy" (which he NEVER implemented) for political gain.

It's really pretty sad the things Nixon did for political gain, since there was really no doubt that he was the best candidate running in the years he did. While I don't think the Vietnam conflict ended well for either the USA or Vietnam, I would give Nixon much higher marks than, say, Johnson at running the thing.

REAGAN!!!! RONALD WILSON REAGAN, hero of American Capitalism, destroyer of the Soviet Union, deafeter of all that is leftist, and Saviour of the American Position as Superpower!!!!!!!

REAGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REAGAN!!!! RONALD WILSON REAGAN, hero of American Capitalism, destroyer of the Soviet Union, deafeter of all that is leftist, and Saviour of the American Position as Superpower!!!!!!!

REAGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to calm down. Listen. Reagan did not defeat the Soviet Union. The economy of the Soviet Union, combined with unpopularity, defeated the Soveit Union. Your so-called "hero" of American Capitalism got us into the most debt and inflation of any president ever before him. And the "defeater" of all things leftist just made us leftists stronger. He destroyed the trust in America's government and threw us into a cynicism and ignorance that transformed in 2000 into Bush's presidency. Reagan was, undeniably, one of the worst presidents ever.

You evil, sadistic, fascist! How dare you say that to the thousands of families who lost loved ones in a stupid, pointless war!
Ach, you're right! I am naught but a evil, sadistic, fascist! How dare I say that to the thousands of families who lost their loved ones in a stupid, pointless war! Why, they might rise out of their graves and take revenge! :confused:

I still think that Nixon is the Greatest American President ever.

I was wicked angry when I said the last couple posts, but seriuosly, you shoudl not say stuff like that (especially with a ;) afetr it!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I am sorry for my inappropriate actions, Swedishguy. I didn't actually mean that. You were just expressing your view. I was wrong.

Eisenhower. He warned America about the military/industrial complex and nobody listened.

James K. Polk. Served one term, kicked some arse, took care of business, stepped down as he said he would.

Woodrow Wilson

I'd put Wilson down toward the bottom of the list. He suffered from one major flaw. He would listen to anyone on any position but, once he made his mind up on something, that was it. He was not only convinced that every decision he made was right, but that it was the moral decision. So if somebody disagreed with Wilson, they were not only wrong but evil. And no, I am not making that up.

Plus he was racist.

Woodrow Wilson

I'd put Wilson down toward the bottom of the list. He suffered from one major flaw. He would listen to anyone on any position but, once he made his mind up on something, that was it. He was not only convinced that every decision he made was right, but that it was the moral decision. So if somebody disagreed with Wilson, they were not only wrong but evil. And no, I am not making that up.
Yes, but that doesn't mean that he didn't accomplish some very good things during his terms.

Azale said:
Plus he was racist.
How many people weren't racist back then?

I never really got the admiration for TR.

National park creations
Trustbusting
Pure Food and Drug Act
Meat Inspection Act
Hepburn Act
Expanded the US Navy
Helped to end the Russo-Japanese War (which brought him a Nobel Peace Prize)

Of course, I'm only selecting the good points and I may be leaving out what some may consider good points (and probably added what some might say were bad points), but those reasons elevate his standing quite a bit.

But I'm anti-american. That's why I think 1000 dead yankees is good! ;)

I can only die twice (once of the flesh and once in your heart)! I didn't know you didn't like me that much....:cry:

Spoiler :
:p

Most of the good presidents?

He wasn't just racist, he also believed that Birth of a Nation (the KKK film) was so sad because it was so true.

Unfortunately, it was not an uncommon position, but Wilson was more so than most -- he actually went out of his way to exclude blacks from the Postal Service, for example, where before there had been no objection to their employment.

Unfortunately, it was not an uncommon position, but Wilson was more so than most -- he actually went out of his way to exclude blacks from the Postal Service, for example, where before there had been no objection to their employment.
I find it unfortunate that Wilson was such a bad racist, but that doesn't mean you can't ignore all the good things that he accomplished during his presidency.

Top Bottom