Who will help

Kyriakos

Creator

with the creation of a preview pic of my new city set?

Remember that the pic must have:

-The firaxis european terrain

-All four city sizes

Moreover it would be nice if it also had:

-Historic placement of cities (easier to do if you already have a scen with places them in such a way, for example Mem)

-Thessalonike as the size #3 (afterall it is a set of the Empire of Thessalonike)

-Some roads, irrigation, units around, so as to make it look interesting.

Et tu, Borge? :shake:

Really guys, im not about to install 2gb of civ, along with dling a 1/4 gb mod, just so i can create a preview for a file.
So if you don't feel like helping, i guess that pretty much is the end of it.

with the creation of a preview pic of my new city set?

Remember that the pic must have:

-The firaxis european terrain

-All four city sizes

Moreover it would be nice if it also had:

-Historic placement of cities (easier to do if you already have a scen with places them in such a way, for example Mem)

-Thessalonike as the size #3 (afterall it is a set of the Empire of Thessalonike)

-Some roads, irrigation, units around, so as to make it look interesting.

Hi Varwnos, I don't understand what you are asking. If it's something I can help with and won't take me all weekend to do I may be able to do it for you.

...And also so long that it is legal I may be able to help. :lol:

...And also so long that it is legal I may be able to help. :lol:

Not that hard to do, all that is needed is to dl the firaxis euro terrain from some of the sites that have it, for example www.civhack.com is a good choice for that since there are no waiting lists for their files.
Other than that you just create a pic with the cities :)

Not that hard to do, all that is needed is to dl the firaxis euro terrain from some of the sites that have it, for example www.civhack.com is a good choice for that since there are no waiting lists for their files.
Other than that you just create a pic with the cities :)

So, I download the Euro terrain and your cities and put the two together in game and take a screen shot? That sounds pretty easy. I'll see if I can do it for you. I hope the downloads are not too huge though. Otherwise I have a hard time with my large DLs sometimes timing out on me. :crazyeye:

Hi Varwnos,

I tried your civhack.com link but it came up a dead link. Give me a link to what it is you want me to download and I'll download it. :)

Yes and I just made such a screene before you gave that hint. The search path for Civ Complete in the scenario properties is: ..\..\Civ3PTW\Extras\European Terrain

Your cities are looking fine, but that terrain, is it also an joke.. ? As I need every bit of my CFC-DLL capacity for a special project, I attache the screene temporary as a zip-file and delete this file when the screene is hosted by you.

Edited: Zip after dll removed

Ty for the screen, Civinator, but i have not yet uploaded the full set :)

Also always create a png file, jpg's are very distortred.

And the firaxis euro terrain fits my hill colour, which is why i use it ;)

Ty for the screen, Civinator, but i have not yet uploaded the full set :)

Also always create a png file, jpg's are very distortred.

And the firaxis euro terrain fits my hill colour, which is why i use it ;)

It´s no problem to do such screenes, when your full set is uploaded. I saved the "Varwnos Special"-biq and can place the fulls set without problems.:) And I will have a look on the hills of the Europe terrain. :)

My problem is the download capacity, if a screene should stay longer in a thread (even with the enlarged capacity that CFC offers now), as I need this capacity for a special project, that should be uploaded smoothly at CFC without the waiting times of 3d-dlloads.

Hi Varwnos,

Do you still need help with a screen shot or did Civinator do it for you?

Gary, I did the screene and deleted it, after Varwnos did dll it. But it was no screene of the complete new cityset. Only of the two pictures that are published here.

So if Varwnos publishes the complete set, he needs help again. If you have Civ Complete, it should be no problem to switch to the European terrain with the path I posted for the scenario properties of a world map. For me it is no problem too, as I still have that biq.

Gary, I did the screene and deleted it, after Varwnos did dll it. But it was no screene of the complete new cityset. Only of the two pictures that are published here.

So if Varwnos publishes the complete set, he needs help again. If you have Civ Complete, it should be no problem to switch to the European terrain with the path I posted for the scenario properties of a world map. For me it is no problem too, as I still have that biq.

It sounds like the two of you have it covered then. Sorry I couldn't be of more help Varwnos.

It sounds like the two of you have it covered then. Sorry I couldn't be of more help Varwnos.

You are always a help and a good unitmaker. :) If you want, you can make the screene witht he complete cityset. :) After the weekend I´m at work and can´t look often in this forum.

Et tu, Borge? :shake:

Really guys, im not about to install 2gb of civ, along with dling a 1/4 gb mod, just so i can create a preview for a file.
So if you don't feel like helping, i guess that pretty much is the end of it.

This was not how I meant it. Just wondering if the European Terrain is a must because I have some maps with proper placement and it would be easy to do without it. So no need to feel pissed. I would have done it, no problem.

So cheer up, ok?

Top Bottom