Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Dutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De Lage Landen

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Damn you, Wosret, damn you and your samba girls. I didn't know you guys had blonds too ;)

Crakie, perhaps you can convince us to cheer for the Netherlands. I haven't seen any pictures of Dutch girls.

This is Sylvie, wife of Raphael van der Vaart, a Dutch midfielder. He's usually not in the game for the full 90 minutes, probably because he lacks... erm... the energy? ;)

I'm sure there are excellent orange girls on the net, but I suck at finding them. Maybe I'll stumble upon them one of these days.

BTW, both Brasil and The Netherlands are going to the 1/8 finals :goodjob: (Not that either of them impressed the world with great football though).

I can see why he may be a bit ... erm... tired.

Back in the early 1960's I used to work with a woman who was married to one of the Dallas Cowboys. The guys weren't allowed to become ... erm... tired for several days before a game. They were expected to save up all their energy for demolishing the other team. :mischief:

BTW, when are you guys going to post some equally interesting player pix? ...just so I'll know who to cheer for. :p

gmaharriet said:
BTW, when are you guys going to post some equally interesting player pix? ...just so I'll know who to cheer for. :p

Don't you worry Gma. I'm sure they are getting right on that. You bet, top of the list I'm sure...:crazyeye:

gmaharriet said:
That's what I figured. :(

Your support is worth the embarrasing search, grandma :) For comparison, I present you a player from Brasil (the cartoon, in his case, is flattering):

And a Dutch player:

Take your pick!

hmmm... hehe no coments... but let me say Ronaldinho Gaucho is just the better of the better. lol

Ah! and about the Mecanichs Oranges Vs Coast of Ivory (dont know how to traslate this country correctly)... Holland didnt bad, bad the Oscar Ruiz (the "judge" of the match(dont know if you say judge as wel..) did a shame! Im not cheering for any of both, but what happened wasnt good... 2 penalties unmarked for the Elephants...

Im ansious to see Argentina Vs Holland :D hehehehe, los hermanos will knock u hardly for the 1st position.

Brasil is taking easy, it always happens... as you can remember what happened in japan when we did 1x1 against turkey....

Note, if you really want to see good games next rounds watch Italy Vs Rep. Czech, Gana Vs EUA or Holland Vs Argentina...

The 2 1st games i said settle the enemy of brazil in the 1/8... it will be very great.

I agree. Those first two games will be very interesting. I was really surprised at how hard the Yanks played the Italians. The World Cup is always fascinating to me.

Yeah, I think the whole world is anxious for the Holland - Argentina match. Unfortunately, both coaches said to leave out the slightly injured and those with a yellow card already. Basically, neither will have their best team on field.

Daghdha said:
Tonight Sweden vs. England. We haven't lost since 1968 :D. Could a very wiered game depending on the result btw Germany- Ecuador. Nobody wants to meet the Mansachft :suicide: . Y'know football: 22 guys running around chasing a ball for 90 minutes... and then germany wins.
Well, in the 90th minute you didn't lose but then you did earn Germany next. BTW, my family came from Sweeden to the US so if the US can't advance (then a miracle happens) then I'll be pulling for the Vikings.

OK well if JB's playing that way I'm cheering for the English and Italians...the Irish side of me will be joining me at the pub.

Crakie's photo of the Dutch player is certainly influencing my, erm, interest in the Dutch team. :groucho:

If I were to go by ancestral heritage, it would be either the English or Germans. Hmmm, since I'm a real mongrel, I don't suppose there's either a Scottish or Polish team, huh? :hmm:

gmaharriet said:
If I were to go by ancestral heritage

Let's not go there :mischief:

Update for those devoid of ESPN2: an entertaining match between Argentina and the great Orange Lions, but no score. I just love to combine 'entertaining' and 'no score' in a single sentence while adressing to a predominantly American audience ;)

jb1964 said:
Well, in the 90th minute you didn't lose but then you did earn Germany next. BTW, my family came from Sweeden to the US so if the US can't advance (then a miracle happens) then I'll be pulling for the Vikings.
1968 still stands! Even if Germany is a better team than Ecuador, I'm not all that pessimistic. They are so convinced they will run us over, and that is always a :nono: if you wanna win.
US will not go through, sorry, so welcome to my side :)

Dont know you, but Ill join the Irish side today watching Brazil X Japan.

And unhaplly Gana X Usa and Tchec X Italy will be the same time... and more unhaply.. ive to work after this games... so my irish side will really have to wait for the Brazil game :D

Predictions for todays matches....

US over Ghana 1-3

Italy in a close one vs the Czechs 1-2

USA ADVANCES!!!!!

Sorry, Tubbs. The USA sucks in soccer. We lost 2-1. It wasn't really close.

Top Bottom