Who will win the Tri Nations???

Who will win the tri nations tournament?

• New Zealand

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Southafrica

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

academia

Master of the Universe
Come on guys! Place your bets!!
Who will win this time?
All Blacks, Wallabies or Springboks????

I say All Blacks , they are always pretty good

A bit of a surprise on the weekend - it wasn't like Australia was awful - just that the srpingboks have much improved.

I would have said the All Blacks, but the weekends' result shows that previous form means nothing.

I will still say "All Blacks", but I'll be more certain this time next week!

Or not... ;)

I wasn't actually suprised at the weekends result for a few reasons. Australia and NZ just havent impressed me that much as yet... and i think thats good, in that NZ will steadily improve game by game up to the World Cup.

Back on topic, i think NZ will win the Tri-nations.

With Argentina coming into form, does anyone see the tri-nations expanding in the future to include more Southern Hemisphere teams?

The springboks just understood how the poms beat us and did the same.
I reckon we will learn from the last 2 defeats and try and get some for back, but will it be enough to win?
I voted for the Wallabies anyway.... so long as the all-blacks dont win ;)

1. All Blacks
2. South Africa
3. Aussies

how do the aussies feel now

how do the aussies feel now
~50-20 points what a good game
web ellis trophy here we come

A great perfomance by the ABs. If they hadn't let the Wallabies in for those last few tries it could very well have been one of the greatest AB games ever. Mitchell still has some issues to work on, however:

-The Lineout was appaling. It didn't seem to be Mealamu's throwing so much as the jumping of Ali Williams. I think Mitchell may be tempted to bring Simon Mailing into the team as soon as he is passed fit because, in all this year's tests, Williams has been conspicoulsy average.

-I still have my doubts over Marshall. His pass is way behind both Devine and Kelleher and, although he has the physical presence of a 4th loose forward, against England and France we'll have to feed Spencer before Back, Betsen and co. can reach him. Marshall can't do this. Why play a 4th loose forward when Richi McCaw does the work of three men anyway?

But I'm just nitpicking. It was an awesome performance and the most pleasing aspect for me was breaking our hoodoo of playing in Australia. As long as we don't choke to them in NZ, we should go into the World Cup knowing we can beat the Aussies if we play well enough.

I wouldn't change the team too much either. Like I said, I'd have Devine in but no other changes. Spencer proved he can kick goals well enough and maybe Mailing will come into contention. Meeuws and Thorn are best as impact players and the backline needs no tinkering. Blair is going to be hard pressed to displace Muliaina.

Byronaters Player Ratings (1-10):

M. Muliaina - 8
D. Howlett - 8
T. Umaga - 7
A. Mauger - 8
J. Rokocoko - 9
C. Spencer - 8
J. Marshall - 7
J. Collins - 7
R. McCaw - 8
R. Throne - 7
C. Jack - 9
A. Williams - 6
G. Sommerville - 7
K. Mealamu - 8
D. Hewett - 7

C. Ralph - 5
D. Carter - 7
S. Devine - 6
M. Holah - 6
B. Thorn - 6
K. Meeuws - 7
M. Hammet - 6

M. Burke - 7
W. Sailor - 5
M. Rogers -7
E. Flatley - 5
L. Tuqiri - 6
S. Larkham - 7
G. Gregan - 6
T. Kefu - 6
P. Waugh - 7
G.Smith - 6
D. Vickermann - 7
D. Giffin - 6
P. Noriega - 5
B. Cannon - 7
B. Young - 6

C. Latham - 6
S. Kefu - 5
C. Whitaker - n/a
D. Lyons - 6
N. Sharpe - 6
B. Darwin - 6
A. Freier - 6

Originally posted by lord_byron_nz
-I still have my doubts over Marshall. His pass is way behind both Devine and Kelleher and, although he has the physical presence of a 4th loose forward, against England and France we'll have to feed Spencer before Back, Betsen and co. can reach him. Marshall can't do this. Why play a 4th loose forward when Richi McCaw does the work of three men anyway?

Blair is going to be hard pressed to displace Muliaina.

Yeah, i think Devine should be starting too, i was suprised to see Marshall start last night, i guess for his experience and physical presence. But he just doesnt deliver the ball fast enough.

Muliaina had a great game at fullback, especially meshing with the rest of the backline, and was excellent under the high ball. Should be given the start ahead of Blair if he keeps it up.

what is the "Tri-Nations"??? im trying to learn different sports.........

The Tri-nations is the title given to the annual series of rugby games between the top three southern hemisphere sides in the world - New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. It has only been in existence for a few years.
In the northern hemisphere we have been playing the 'five nations rugby' for many, many years. ( I suppose this is where the name 'tri-nations' comes from.) The 'five nations' consisted of England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and France.
A few years ago it became known as the 'six nations' when Italy joined in.
In November we all join up for the quadrennial Rugby World Cup, when New Zealand usually shows they are the best (although England have a chance this year).

I think after our loss of the Bledisloe cup on Sat we will be lucky to make the semi's :cry:

Top Bottom