Who Won’t Batman Kill?

BvBPL

Pour Decision Maker
We all know Batman is fundamentally opposed to killing. But who is he opposed to killing? We know he wouldn’t kill regular people, but would about other forms of life?

Would Batman kill:

Animals?
Space Aliens?
Robots?
Autonomous artificially-created biological entities having both sapience and sentience?
Ghosts?
Gods?
Demons?
Sapient and expressive plants?
The hopes and dreams of a generation?

Batman's a hypocrite - he has killed quite a few people in the many renditions of his character.

Give him the right writer, and he'll probably kill anything you can list. Threaten him with censorship, and he won't hurt a fly.

i assume space aliens since he tried to kill Superman. I don't know if he succeeded since I've never been able to make it all the way through that piece of drek. I tried three times and just couldn't finish it.

Well, he has that shark-spray. What's in that stuff? Could be anything. I don't think we really know what happened to the poor shark.

Given all the guns on the Batmobiles and the reckless driving, shooting, and blowing things up in the heart of Gotham, the things Batman is most likely to kill in innocent bystanders.

What do you mean Batman wont' kill? Each movie I've seen with Batman in it, there's been a lot of death. Is this like God saying that he loves us, but then he kills of all us except like some dude and his farm animals?
Yeah, part of the conservative fable that is Christopher Nolan's trilogy is that Batman's unwillingness to kill is unrealistic, because some people can't be dealt with any other way. It's been a while since I've seen those movies, but iirc, he was able to send The Joker to prison but had to kill Two-Face (or was it the other way around?). I can't remember what happened to Bane.

And Zack Snyder one-upped Nolan, basically just turning Bruce Wayne into Frank Castle with unlimited funding.

Given all the guns on the Batmobiles and the reckless driving, shooting, and blowing things up in the heart of Gotham, the things Batman is most likely to kill in innocent bystanders.

I know right? It still baffles me how anyone can see Batman as a hero and not as just some out of control vigilante who deserves to be locked up with all the criminals he put away.

I know right? It still baffles me how anyone can see Batman as a hero and not as just some out of control vigilante who deserves to be locked up with all the criminals he put away.
Maybe they don't base their views of batman based on recent films

Nah, he's always been a vigilante who operates outside the law. Just because older incarnations of the character were able to portray his vigilantism in a more positive light doesn't change what he has always been.

Also, anyone ever notice how classist Batman is? You always see him going after what are typically "blue collar" criminals. Where's Batman when some Bernie Madoff crap goes down?

He's still a rich psychopath who embezzles millions from his company to buy high tech toys and beat up petty criminals and the mentally ill.

Nah, he's always been a vigilante who operates outside the law. Just because older incarnations of the character were able to portray his vigilantism in a more positive light doesn't change what he has always been.

Also, anyone ever notice how classist Batman is? You always see him going after what are typically "blue collar" criminals. Where's Batman when some Bernie Madoff crap goes down?

The best part is that as a billionaire, he could easily "fix" Gotham if he really wanted to. How much does the ba mobile cost ? What's the upkeep on his bat cave ? He could found a private university and hand out scholarships, found businesses that employ people, and simply pay off some of the mob bosses to leave town.

Batman is one of the worst super heroes, and frankly a good representation of the worst aspect of American culture and right-wing ideology. We can not help people by giving them money, we can only help with violence.
He's not the worst -that would be Iron Man- but he's pretty close.

Batman is one of the worst super heroes, and frankly a good representation of the worst aspect of American culture and right-wing ideology. We can not help people by giving them money, we can only help with violence.
He's not the worst -that would be Iron Man- but he's pretty close

I found a pretty funny video that illustrates the hypocrisy of Batman pretty well. It's a little dated since it references Occupy Wall Street, but the point still stands.

and simply pay off some of the mob bosses to leave town.

Which would make "mob boss" a highly desirable career choice :)

He's not the worst -that would be Iron Man- but he's pretty close.

Yes, american culture is really a big problem. I mean, if iron man would at least pretend that he is a feminist, like, for example Weinstein ;) Iron man might be a sleaze, he might be an irresponsible, white capitalist. But at least he is honest. And that is more than many hollywood actors that claim to be "liberal".

Which would make "mob boss" a highly desirable career choice :)

Make it a one time offer for the ones who are already there. Deal with the rest in a more aggressive manner. Hiring mercenaries would be far more effective for the richest man in Gotham than dressing up and beating up two bit mooks.

Yes, american culture is really a big problem. I mean, if iron man would at least pretend that he is a feminist, like, for example Weinstein ;) Iron man might be a sleaze, he might be an irresponsible, white capitalist. But at least he is honest. And that is more than many hollywood actors that claim to be "liberal".

Ironman is not much worse than Batman. The main issue is that libertarian thinking that makes it OK for him to privately own his suit. Does the second amendmend extend to tanks or attack helicopters (because that's pretty much what his suit is) ? I don't think so. When I saw Iron Man 2 -where the evil government wanted to take away his toy- I really couldn't understand how anyone would think that Tony Stark wasn't the villain here.

The Weinstein incident is so utterly unrelated to this highly specific Batman discussion that it really made me think: How desperate are you to bring up how supposed "libruls :(" are indeed the bad guys? Just wondering

Yes, Weinstein pretended to be a feminist in order to make girls feel more secure - It helped him be more efficient as a sexual predator. What is your point?.. What does this have to do with "liberalism"?

Top Bottom