Whoa whoa whoa, 8 GB? Really?!

SHaW1986

Prince
ok, im sure they're talking about base game+XP, but i guess there is this nagging feeling inside me saying that G&K is going to take up 8 gigs... please someone reassure me that im wrong...

ok, im sure they're talking about base game+XP, but i guess there is this nagging feeling inside me saying that G&K is going to take up 8 gigs... please someone reassure me that im wrong...

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
Video Card: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
DirectX®: 9.0c
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card

You are right, but you should have that room on your hard drive. Don't you? CiV vanilla is also 8 GB.

the rooms there but damn, how is an XP the same size as a base game?

I know, it has what CiV has been missing from the outset. :lol: When you think about it, they have surely been busy with this XP.

Some of that 8GB is for the install and some of it will be required as swap-space. An OS drive, whether it's Win, Mac or Linux should always have a healthy portion of free space available at all times.

Just so you know, I compared the min and recommended system req. for both base and Gak, and they are pretty much the same.

Even so, my Civ 5 is 5.03 GB.

It'[s neither, it isn't the size of the game, like I said, my game is actually 5.03 GB, yet it still says 8 GB of free space.

This is 2012, are you guys living under a rock? 8gb is nothing. Hell, I own very few steam games and my steamapps folder is up to 75gb.

It may be time to upgrade there, bud.

This is 2012, are you guys living under a rock? 8gb is nothing. Hell, I own very few steam games and my steamapps folder is up to 75gb.

It may be time to upgrade there, bud.

No kidding, my RAM alone is more than that. Plus I have $5 flash drives that are 8gb.

technome is correct, that are always swap space allocated in the numbers, including space for temporary install files and uncompressed files.

anadus: even I'm impressed.

8 gigs is implausible. There is less "stuff" than the original game. It strikes me as either a "better safe than sorry" (including things like game saves) or it's the original game plus the expansion pack.

For the sake of keeping the performances of your PC all right, you should always keep 20Go of free space on your main partition.

Top Bottom