Whole Empire challenge

Lokolus

Retired...
Did anyone managed to achieve a whole colonial Empire? if you do post it here. the ones that count are the British, French, Dutch, Portoguese, Spanish, Japan and Germany (with WW2 territories).
If you dont know the size of the Empire look here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Atlas_of_colonialism

I;ve done Rome, Japan would be easy.....wouldn't it?

As the Arabs I've colonized the whole world (Egypt, Carthage, Persia, India, Spain, France, Turkey, vassalized China, Netherlands and Mongolia). When my stability and congresses hacked away at my empire one by one, I built a new one in Africa (nearly the whole of the Ethiopian UHV territory except Mbanza Kongo). My stability is a whooping 1 star right now. :lol:
And Islam is still just 36% in 1850!! :mad:

As England I've comtrolled Australia, New Zealand, India, Eastern Canada, Vancouver, South Africa 'till Mbanza Kongo, Lagos, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Aden, Mecca, St.Petersburg, and, of coure, the British Isles themselves. The only large parts of the British Empire I missed were Egypt, Sudan and Kenya.

(look at the minimap)

Only one I have ever tried (pre BtS) was Japan and I kept collapsing due to stability problems. I dont think, despite knowing the game better now, I would have any more success if I tried it now.

Id be interested in some of the tactics used by anyone that does manage to do it.

I;ve done Rome
This is really interesting... all the territory of the UHV plus the adriatic coast, Greece, Libia, Egypt, east mediterranean coast, Turkey, and Romania:

It's duable, especially without limits of time.
If you have to do it by 116AD (historical time-line) it will be rather hard to accomplish without killing your economy or stability.

After that you get the spawn of Spain, France, England, Germany, Arabia, and Turkey that spoil your dreams of glory. :)
At least reconquering the territory can be rather painful but not impossible.

i didn't get QUITE that much of the Middle East, and yeah, once the "Rise of Europe" came on, it was all over...

i didn't get QUITE that much of the Middle East
Yes it's very hard to conquer both the west and the middle east.
It could be an interesting challenge... a kind of "extended" or alternative UHV. :)
I enevr did conquer that much in any of my games as Rome.

and yeah, once the "Rise of Europe" came on, it was all over...
I did try to reconquer some of the territories, "shortly" after their independence and trying to keep my empire stable : Spain - France - England.
I don't know about your experience but I found that reconquering one is relatively easy (especially Spain), two is feasable, all three is very hard.

I'm going to play one as 'Italy'. I'll play as Rome until the industrial ages, and then I switch the name and behavior and colonize Africa.
Considering that Italy "colonised" the scraps left by the other EU powers (Libia, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia) then it shouldn't be too hard: usually in RFC those territories are nobody's land. :)

Portugal wouldn't be too hard. You'd have to take Brazil, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Angola, Mozambique, East Timor, and some port cities in India.

Portugal wouldn't be too hard. You'd have to take Brazil, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Angola, Mozambique, East Timor, and some port cities in India.

Heck, even the AI, can do that...Russia would be tough

Rome is impossible to do in the time limit. By time I'm close enough to actually making it, it's after 500 AD, and civilizations are spawning rapidly left and right, taking away my hard earned territory. I also can't have even one turn of peace if I want to accomplish a real historical Rome. The UHV is completely possible, but getting a real historical Roman Empire is impossible in the early part of the game.

I've done it in the industrial age though.

As for everything else... it is actually possible to do every historical empire in the game, even Han China if you really push it--the only empire as big as Rome during the period when Rome was at its peak. You can even do Arabia, but not within the very slim real time frame it was actually done; you'll likely be a few hundred years late. Anyone ever try to get the historical size of Russia by 1867? (That's the date the Empire reached it's furthest east, Alaska, before selling it to the USA.) I did it once, but my economy and military was so strained I could barely hold on, and eventually I had little choice but to switch to a police state and communism. :D

It's duable, especially without limits of time.
If you have to do it by 116AD (historical time-line) it will be rather hard to accomplish without killing your economy or stability.

From what I remember, that was Rome's UHV initially: to recreate the Empire at its highest extent.

Historical size of Mongolia in time?

I reached Mongolia's size, I didnt capture Russia but I conquered Arabia and India.

Historical size of Mongolia in time?
I think it's feasable.

Mongol Empire in 1227 at Genghis' death

The empire expanded until 1279 and then collapsed

I was able to do it some long time ago... at the end of the day emulating the historical empire is the mongolian UHV (or close by, 12% of world)

most of that is desert and mountains in RFC......anybody willing to give it a try?

The problem in making empires such as Rome, Macedonia or Mongolia is that time processes too fast. If it were halved there would be more chances (of course as some king of modmod, getting America to play would take decades in real life)

This is most of the Mongolian empire except the Russian part with north India and Arabia, I won the next turn.

Top Bottom