1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Buying the New Civilization?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by CaterpillarKing, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Buying Beyond Earth?

1. Yes

239 vote(s)
    86.3%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

I'm sure I'll buy at some point; but if initial release is as soon as this fall, then sometime next year after it looks like they've finished the major post release balance changes.
    (For reference see the major balance changes that went on in Vanilla Civ V the first year after it's release)

2. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Definitely going to buy it, possibly even sight unseen if the initial round of previews looks good. While Civ5 (as it was initially released) felt a bit meh, Firaxis has a great track record of making games I like.

And, in the very worst case, this is going to be the perfect vehicle for a SMAC mod. Cannot lose with this.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I will, but I will probably wait for the winter sale or maybe later. Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be my major entertainment purchase of the Fall.

4. B166ER

B166ER Chieftain

of course i will buy it for me my brother and for some close friends for the full price in pre-order... i have to support firaxis in any way i can because civilization saga and subgames is the game i have played most and enjoy it most in my life as a gamer.

5. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

im not buying it. dont like fantasy alien games. si its not anything news about civ 5 or civ 6 game then?

6. ArguCa

ArguCa Prince

Probably going to buy. It looks very good. And, BE reminds me a TV show called Terra Nova. I was fan of that TV show and I definitely want to play this game.

7. CaterpillarKing

CaterpillarKing Conqueror of Cacoons

I might buy it after a while but only after it is cheaper and has expansions. I just hope it isn't a civ 5 with fancy graphics and a few tweaks. I remember in a previous thread someone was asking about possibilities of civ 6 and I wisely guessed they would do something very similar to SMAC.

8. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

This will probably be the first game I buy at release since Civilization V. My birthday's in the fall, so happy birthday to me.

9. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Probably after 1-2 years... It worked for civ V... a much better game than vanilla for the same price.. and it will tide me over until CBE is complete as well

10. Civking5

Civking5 Prince

I will definitely buy it. In fact, I will preorder it to play as soon as it released.

11. headcase

headcase Limit 1 Facepalm Per Turn

I'll probably wait for a Steam sale unless the first non-patched version is really well regarded.

12. TLHeart

TLHeart King

Interested, enjoyed playing SMAC, but I will wait and see if they get it right on the first release. Firaxis just does not have a good track record with the first release..

13. CaterpillarKing

CaterpillarKing Conqueror of Cacoons

It really does seem almost exactly the same as SMAC in the regard that it used the civ 2 engine I believe. So it is probably safe to assume a lot of mechanics will be the same or very similar.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

14. rastak

rastak Emperor

Will not only pre-order it, I will likely take the week off from work too.

15. JokerJace

JokerJace Prince

It might be the first game I preorder, although I swore never to participate in this evil practice.

16. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I am not sure what to think yet. First, I want to learn more about it.

17. RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger Warlord

I'll probably wait for the Steam Winter Sale to get it. Don't want to get screwed over like in BNW where I bought it day 1, and the next week it was on sale.

18. krasny

krasny Prince

I'm probably going to buy, but I'm going to wait for reactions first.

19. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I was getting interested until I saw this:

www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/12/civiliza...-the-new-factions-aliens-technology-and-more/

This is one of the absolute worst statements you could make about a game you are developing. I'll wait and see how it actually turns out, but way to kill any hope right off the freaking bat.

CivRev is the weakest title in the series by miles, this statement in no way reassures me that Will is competent enough to be a lead designer.

20. Haliit

Haliit Chieftain

I'll buy it and every damn DLC/add-on they release for it. SMAC is my favorite game of all time. I know it's not technically a sequel, but it's the spiritual successor and that's good enough for me.