Who's Buying the New Civilization?

Buying Beyond Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 239 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 13.7%

• Total voters
I'm sure I'll buy at some point; but if initial release is as soon as this fall, then sometime next year after it looks like they've finished the major post release balance changes.
(For reference see the major balance changes that went on in Vanilla Civ V the first year after it's release)

Definitely going to buy it, possibly even sight unseen if the initial round of previews looks good. While Civ5 (as it was initially released) felt a bit meh, Firaxis has a great track record of making games I like.

And, in the very worst case, this is going to be the perfect vehicle for a SMAC mod. Cannot lose with this.

I will, but I will probably wait for the winter sale or maybe later. Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be my major entertainment purchase of the Fall.

of course i will buy it for me my brother and for some close friends for the full price in pre-order... i have to support firaxis in any way i can because civilization saga and subgames is the game i have played most and enjoy it most in my life as a gamer.

im not buying it. dont like fantasy alien games. si its not anything news about civ 5 or civ 6 game then?

Probably going to buy. It looks very good. And, BE reminds me a TV show called Terra Nova. I was fan of that TV show and I definitely want to play this game.

I might buy it after a while but only after it is cheaper and has expansions. I just hope it isn't a civ 5 with fancy graphics and a few tweaks. I remember in a previous thread someone was asking about possibilities of civ 6 and I wisely guessed they would do something very similar to SMAC.

This will probably be the first game I buy at release since Civilization V. My birthday's in the fall, so happy birthday to me.

I will definitely buy it. In fact, I will preorder it to play as soon as it released.

Interested, enjoyed playing SMAC, but I will wait and see if they get it right on the first release. Firaxis just does not have a good track record with the first release..

It really does seem almost exactly the same as SMAC in the regard that it used the civ 2 engine I believe. So it is probably safe to assume a lot of mechanics will be the same or very similar.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It might be the first game I preorder, although I swore never to participate in this evil practice.

I am not sure what to think yet. First, I want to learn more about it.

I'll probably wait for the Steam Winter Sale to get it. Don't want to get screwed over like in BNW where I bought it day 1, and the next week it was on sale.

I'm probably going to buy, but I'm going to wait for reactions first.

I was getting interested until I saw this:

It's a tough balance to strike because we want to reach a new audience. We want to get to those XCOM fans who may not have played Civ because history wasn't their thing, or strategy gamers that are playing a lot of these strategy games on IOS, that haven't tried Civ before. We want to reach those people, so we're trying to make the game more accessible for them, but also catering to our hardcore fans. We think a lot about 'oooh, what would they think if we took this out and put this in'. We try to listen to that, but we really want this product to stand on its own, and we've taken some risks, and made some changes that are surprising I think to fans, but I really think that they'll like it. David and I are relatively young designers. This is our first big Civ product. We've worked in Civ a little bit. We've done our time on Civ stuff, but it's really a testament to Firaxis to trust us and let us take this chance and make this new thing.

www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/12/civiliza...-the-new-factions-aliens-technology-and-more/

This is one of the absolute worst statements you could make about a game you are developing. I'll wait and see how it actually turns out, but way to kill any hope right off the freaking bat.

Will Miller: One good example of that is that, in my mind, there are two kinds of Civilization games. There's Civilization 4 and Civilization 5, then there's Civ Rev. Civ Rev is my favourite, it's the last Civ that Sid Meier himself has designed, that's in the Civ canon.
CivRev is the weakest title in the series by miles, this statement in no way reassures me that Will is competent enough to be a lead designer.

I'll buy it and every damn DLC/add-on they release for it. SMAC is my favorite game of all time. I know it's not technically a sequel, but it's the spiritual successor and that's good enough for me.

Top Bottom