Who's going to win EURO 2008?

Who's going to win EURO 2008?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I seriously can't understand why Germany is leading in this poll.

Their team isn't really that great.. It's good! But great?

I guess if they do make it far and Poland go out, I'll cheer for Germany.. I mean.. They do have 4 (yes, FOUR) Polish players playing for their senior national side.

I seriously can't understand why Germany is leading in this poll.

Their team isn't really that great.. It's good! But great?

Well, they seem to be very strong ... if not exactly inspiring (when was a German team inspiring though?).

More importantly, they are practically playing at home, in Germany Junior and Hilly-Billy Germany. :D If Germany get to host effectively two successive tournaments and don't win one of them, that would be very disappointing for them.

Beware. I agree Austria hasn't proven anything recently but this is far to be the case of Swizerland. I'm very scared of those Swiss... remember they have conceded zero goal during last world cup! It is the the first team ever to achieve such a thing!

Anyway, I hope France will avoid Switzerland. Actually, I would like better to be in the group of the Netherlands than in the group of Switzerland.

I ll second that. I really don t want to play Switzerland. A pain in the ass and a boring game on top of that. I d love to play Poland.

I guess if they do make it far and Poland go out, I'll cheer for Germany.. I mean.. They do have 4 (yes, FOUR) Polish players playing for their senior national side.

who's that? i mean, i know that poles somehow consider klose and prinz poldi as polish and ppl in general try to wind us up with that crude thesis... the third one is trochowski i guess, but who's number four?

top favourites for the title are france, holland and italy. seriously contending for the semis are germany, turkey and spain. out of the rest i think the swiss and poles could deliver a surprise.

If Germany get to host effectively two successive tournaments and don't win one of them, that would be very disappointing for them.

hehe, those guys down south just managed to speak the same language as we do. playing in austria is as much an away game as an england match in glasgow.

i wouldnt be disappointed, the team is still young, not at the top of its peak and 2 years ago no one would have ever considered the team to win anything in the next decade.

Portuguese European Championship Record:

Euro 1996:
Finished First in their group, lost in Quarter Finals to eventual runners-up, Czech Republic.

Euro 2000:
Finished First in their group, lost in Semi-Finals to France in a controversial "golden goal" over time win.

Euro 2004:
Portugal was the host nation, first in their group, and made it all the way to the finals where they lost to Greece in a fluky goal.. :p

Euro 2008:
hmmm.... I wonder?

hehe, portugal, now you spoiled the whole ec for me...
so you will be beating us in the finals then. because everytime, a german squad has played wales in the qualifiers, it advanced to the final in the later tournament. :p

Remember Portugal. Your team might've never qualified in the first place. I'm kinda dissapointed to. I wanted to see a finnish team knocking out Greece or the Czechs or something =P

My friend, you are a discgrace to all Portuguese - shame on you for not supporting our team. :p

NAH!!! Only pain is real!!!!
The 'team' need to know what is the concept of team, 1st! Then They will get my full support!!!

And you are forgetting: WCup2002 and WCup2006!!!

Scotland! UI! That wasn't very nice!!!

Remember Portugal. Your team might've never qualified in the first place. I'm kinda dissapointed to. I wanted to see a finnish team knocking out Greece or the Czechs or something =P

Careful with the words that you say!
May back-fire you!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Beware. I agree Austria hasn't proven anything recently but this is far to be the case of Swizerland. I'm very scared of those Swiss... remember they have conceded zero goal during last world cup! It is the the first team ever to achieve such a thing!
but eventually we actually have to win a game against a larger team if we want to go anywhere, not just tie. And scoring goals would be kinda helpful too :sad:

Anyway, I hope France will avoid Switzerland. Actually, I would like better to be in the group of the Netherlands than in the group of Switzerland.
I share that feeling. We just got put in the same group too many times in the past (I was surprised we didn't get you in the WC qualification :ack:)

Thanks to a bad ref decision. France (Henry) was about to score against the Swiss in the 1st match, but a defender made a very obvious hand that wasn't whistled.
:lol: you're still not past that? Anyway, you might call it a questionable call, but calling it obvious really is ridiculous :)

Apart from France I don't really care who we get in the group. It doesn't really matter, it'll be hard in any case. So I'd rather lose to attractive opponents than die against fellow 'nobodies'

Impossible to tell. At this point I'd consider the biggest favourites to be Germany, France, Holland and Italy.
I would add Portugal to that list. They have reached the European top 4, pretty steadily now.

:lol: you're still not past that? Anyway, you might call it a questionable call, but calling it obvious really is ridiculous :)
I don't really care about it, since we then did quite an interesting tournament. But how long will you question such an issue ? It is a fault or it is not a fault. To me it is a fault, since the defender moves his hand towards where the ball goes. In the penalty area, hence a penalty.

I voted Austria, meaning I don't have a clue about who's going to win. There are no clear favourites for me...

I voted Austria, meaning I don't have a clue about who's going to win. There are no clear favourites for me...

Finally a Belgian that acknowledges that Belgians have, these days, not a clue about football ;) !

Top Bottom