Votes: 73 80.2%
  • No Warlords yet but definitely gonna get it sometime soon

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Screw Warlords, Civ4 Vanilla FTW!

Votes: 10 11.0%

• Total voters
R

Rabbit, White

Just a quick poll to see how many people have Warlords.

Edit: I apologize for poor choice of... choices :) but I can't change the poll now :(
Essentially, all i want to know is if you've purchased Warlords, and if you haven't then are you planning on buying it sometime soon, let's say "soon" is within the next few months, or not.

So if you have Warlords but don't like it you should still select the first choice.

P.S. And if a mod is reading this, maybe you could do me a favor and remove the "and enjoying every minute of it" part of the first choice, it'll be less confusing then.

for us who have warlords but dont use it

Ok, the Warlords scenarios are "mixed", but the new features are cool!

trebuchet, great general, vassal state/kapitulation (of the enemy of cause ;) )and UB's are very good stuff! :)

Probably shouldn't have added the "enjoying every minute of it" part :) I'm really only interested in whether you bought it, or going to buy it, or not as the case may be.

@netbjarne: Well since you have Warlords, even if you don't enjoy it in itself, when it comes to mods you probably play the Warlords versions, no?

Very well balanced features, i don't use scenarios and i have bought this xp just because i like this game.If CIV4 is not a game which you play at least 2 hours a day i would not advise you to buy the XP there is not so much content to justify 30 dollars

I have it but it's very unstable, I don't like this Poll either not enough Opitions, it freezes and crashes alot since Patch 1.61, and I have to use a crack becuase it cannot recognize your disk sometimes,
So no I do not like the Warlords, Sceanrio's are not as good as Conquest one sadly,
But I am waiting for new patch, and you should buy it just to stay with most other people

**Yes you should just have had options on whether you won the game or not ** :( So I will not vote yes oin this poll

Haven't played all the scenarios but the ones I have are weak compared to C3C although better than the ones that shipped with Civ4. However, other features seem pretty groovy. I went back to Vanilla for a MP game and it was a bit weird, usually a sign that I've got used to the new stuff.

All in all a thumbs up from me (but I wish they'd spent more time on the Omenas and Alexander scenarios)

After reading the comments about warlords on this forum, I decided that it wasn't worth the $30, especially since the second expansion pack will probably cost the same and include warlords.

jimbob27 said:
I got it and it's pretty decent.

I don't have it and it's still decent.
Does the game xp really screw up the computer causing crashes and failure to read the disk?:eek: Because if so, I'm definately not going to buy it.

I have Warlords and I have to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying it; not only because of the new scenarios and such, but the new civs, and just all the new content in general make it a much more enjoyable experience (not to say vanilla was bad or anything, in fact I loved the original too).

I definitely haven't experienced all these difficulties being described by Tekee... to me it seemed that Warlords had a faster load and CD spin-up time than vanilla. No computer crashes for me either.

The only thing that was even the least bit underwhelming was the Great General unit. All in all, a wonderful expansion, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next one :D

I stopped playing C4 for a couple months until I bought Warlords. I do have memory problems (more so than 1.61) but they are easily fixed by uninstalling, reinstalling and keeping everything clean.

I've got warlords but I haven't even installed it because of my joy of vanilla's mods not to mention the fact that there should seen be a patch for warlords has prompted me to wait untill the patch is out before considering an install of the XP.

Rabbit said:
@netbjarne: Well since you have Warlords, even if you don't enjoy it in itself, when it comes to mods you probably play the Warlords versions, no?

I don't play mods ;-) To me, the value of warlord lies in the extra civilizations. But then, I have limited time to play, and I'm yet to play (or win) with every civilization in vanilla civ.

I think that the Great General is a good idea poorly implemented.

I played ONE scenario (chinees union or something) and was so disapointed - felt like a real bad user contributed scenario.

I don't like the rule changes "how was that, level 5 for heroic epic?, and the Astecs traits was???" - its a bit confusing when also playing vanilla civ (am in an ongoing vanilla pitboss game for months)

So - I have warlords, but I am not using it. Unless the next expansion features something realy useful, like, performance improvements and better multiplayer support :mischief: , I'm not going to get it

2 months and few days already since Warlords release. Still no patch release from developer.

Sad!!!

Regards,
Arto.

215 views but only 59 votes... man, this polling business is hard... :)

@Rabbit,
Maybe the same people viewed it several times?

I haven't bought it yet and don't plan on buying it soon. Maybe some day as a budget title or second handed.

The new options are not enough to convince me on buying Warlords

Top Bottom