1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Allah why ??

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ABHPage, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ABHPage

ABHPage Warlord

I've just noticed something very, very unnerving... I've been on pacifism ever since I founded islam, also had the spinal minaret built. Now, what I see, (I've just got cannons ) maybe 40 turns later, is that the game didn't switch from no state religion to islam when I founded it. DAMN. With all that income and great people point lost in my GPP farm I'm thinking of reloading to when I founded Islam and make DAMN sure to switch from no religion to this one... But somehow, this idea really gets on my nerve. After all I could've use the last 3 hours of my life to eat, or wash, or walk the dog.

How come, unlike EVERY other religion I've founded, didn't Islam become default my state religion (start the incantations blablabla).

So frustrating.

2. Xellos-_^

Xellos-_^ Prince

i think it is because you are running pacificism.

3. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

No, you can have a state religion during pacifism, I would reload though, its only been 40 turns, its not all that bad :D .

4. Willem

Willem Deity

You can only make one switch at a time. Since you switched civics you need to go back and also switch your religion. As the Moslems that would have been very easy to do since you're Spiritual.

5. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

I've done this before (more than once). :aargh::wallbash:

6. ABHPage

ABHPage Warlord

Moslems ? I'm playing USA Lincoln phi/cha

It's just that all other religions have been founded somewhere else and this was the last shot I had at having a religion. Also my two neighbor are religionless so I want to convert them and gain a relation boost.

7. Xellos-_^

Xellos-_^ Prince

i would have just invade my neightbors and made them vassals :D

8. Willem

Willem Deity

Ooops, I just made that assumption. At any rate you need to switch to Pacifism thne to Islam after the anarchy is over. You can't do both at once.

9. Tatran

Tatran Deity

I've forgotten several times to adopt a religion when I switched to a religious civic,
    because I didn't know the situation of the opponents, area, religions, relations, etc.

10. nadeem

nadeem Chieftain

eat the dog?!

11. Wulture

Wulture Chieftain

What did this have to do with anything?

12. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

@Wulture
    :D

13. ABHPage

ABHPage Warlord

I'm kind of hungry after hours of relentless civ gaming, but not enough to kill my dog ;)

To make this clear to everyone, I was running pacifism way before I had a state religion. I didn't change civic or anything before discovering Islam. Anyway, I went back to 1000ad when I discovered it, since I was at 1500 ad, too much money and GPP lost. Now I'm almost back to where I was when I forgot to switch.

14. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

What? Pacifism without state religion? :faint:

You know that the +100% GPP only appies in cities with the state religion, right?

15. ABHPage

ABHPage Warlord

Yeah, I know, it's just that I was planning on getting Islam and didn't want to lose more turns of anarchy, so when I built pyramids + shwedagon paya, I switched rep and pacifism at the same time. Wasn't building any troops anyway, Gilgamesh took care of defending the continent.

That is, of course, until he came with vultures to attack my cannons and musketman in philadelphia while being at friendly to me. Backstabbing bastard. As soon I I get my 15 cannons dones I'm razing him.