[GS] Why am I not winning? Cultural Victory Deity

littlesake

Chieftain
I thought I should have won turns ago but no victory pop up. Am I missing something or it is bugged out?

Also, why is the tourism icon glitched? Could that have something to do with this?

I dont think so. I usually enable every victory type.

Plus I get a new notification every turn saying that cultural victory is imminent and I have cultural dominance over every civilization but one. But I dont know which one. According to the tab, I already have dominance over everyone

Looks like a bug to me. If you had accidentally disabled culture victory, you wouldn't see the culture victory status button, and you are seeing it (and see that you have one ages ago...) any mods recently installed that could cause this?

I have had this happen both in modded and unmodded games. It always occurs when I make a bunch of tourists at once, so my guess is that the game is actually checking to see if you *equal* the tourists required, rather than equal or greater. If you overshoot, it doesn't notice the victory. Only a guess, though. I have found no way to fix it.

If you save and load on the same turn you win, it breaks.

Load an earlier autosave when you didn't have enough tourists yet and keep ending turn.

I guess that's it then. I might have loaded that turn. Can't remember for sure. It was many turns before I realized it. So, unfortunately, no autosaves available.

Thanks for all the answers guys. Really appreciate it. guess I have to start a new game now.

Check your hall of fame. I once had a somewhat similar glitch in an unmodded RnF+GS game with all DLCs. Then I checked the hall of fame and there was a record of my victory in that game, even though I never saw the victory screen.

This happened to me as well a couple of days ago. The number of tourists was more than enough to win culture, but it didn't. Played on to see what would happen and about ten turns further I suddenly got the CV. I was city flipping with Eleanor and a bunch of Indie rock bands, so it might be what orangecape suggests: 'overshooting the target'. On the other hand: I did get a some turns later and was even further above the threshold by that time...

Top Bottom