Why are antiracists so... racist?

Do antiracists have a discrimatory world view?

• Damn right! They don't care the least about actual, true racism!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • That's not true! The western world is the greatest problem!

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Arent11

King
I want your opinion. Time and again I met people - students, phd students,
postdocs - who called themselves "antiracist" & proceeded to lay the blame
of virtually all wars, all starvation, all injustice in the world solely and squarely
on the western world :rolleyes:

I mean, come on. We have ethnic cleanings, slave markets, terror attacks,
stabbings, cars that drive into pedestrians. It is simply impossible to
overlook this actual, true racism :confused: And it is simply impossible to overlook
that these so called "antiracists" work very hard, every single day, to ignore &
overlook it.

Now, I want your opinion. Why do they have such an obviously discriminatory
world view? Why do they take such pains to ignore actual, true racism? Or
maybe you honestly think that the western world/white people are the greatest
problem in the world?

ISIS fighters are zealots, not racists. They are not motivated by racism but by politics and religion.

Since you obviously can't seem to tell the difference between zealotry and racism why should we take your perspective seriously?

My opinion is that this thread will probably not go well.

Seriously, nobody has the right to say "my people are perfect. It's everybody else that's to blame for all the bad stuff."

I don't think it's really "racism", as its not based on race, but rather the place of the world where the people come from. It's mostly having different standards between the "developed, western world" and the rest of the world that is lagging behind for one reason or another (some of which have been amplified by the west, some of which have not).

Overall, from my experience, most of the time it's just the reversal of the "we vs. the others"-mentality. People see that the group they belong to (this can be the western world as a whole in some cases, but usually is a black-and-white version of America) hold discriminatory views of "the others", so they try to equalize that by being extra lenient and closing their eyes to the problem.

Ironically of course, more often than not they're dehumanizing "the others" by denying that they're people with the agency to do bad things.

Who blames the western world for all the injustice of the entire world ?
Might as well blame the Jews.

Liberals complaing about first world problems and out current system of democratic government in an attempt to reform it is the majority of most Liberals. SJW whom exist only make up a very small extreme vocal minority and can be safely ignored.

Last edited:
I certainly agree that a lot of "anti-racists" are displaying the most blatant example of racism, and actually promoting and fueling racism (even if it's not necessarily their conscious intention).
Your post still makes a lot of amalgams of very different things which go in all directions, and doesn't make me willing to support anything but the title (and even then, with a grain of salt).

Of course certain anti-racist are overly obsessed with race to the point of being racist in the most formal precise narrow sense.

Here's a real-life example, which surely will make some buttocks hurt:

There's a place in Rostov-on-Don called Zmievskaya Balka. Nazis used that place to massacre like about 27K people from around Rostov, including Jews, Gypsies, Armenians, Assyrians, Kurds, communists, POWs, members of the resistance, patients of mental hospitals, curfew breakers and just random local people caught in intimidation raids.

Recently, certain political groups and individuals which are focused on holocaust and ultra-liberalism once again started to press local authorities and people, so that, instead of a memorial which honours the memory of the victims in general, there was a memorial which honours only the memory of the Jewish victims specifically also twisting the numbers by telling that all the 27K were Jews and not dozen of ethnicities. They are going so far that they want to list known names of the Jewish victims (about 4000) on the memorial including Jewish collaborationists who helped to calm and bring Jewish people to their death at Zmievskaya Balka.

ISIS fighters are zealots, not racists. They are not motivated by racism but by politics and religion.

Since you obviously can't seem to tell the difference between zealotry and racism why should we take your perspective seriously?
You are correct. Perhaps a more interesting discussion would be, why so much obsession with racism, when other forms of bigotry are killing so much more?

I'm not saying racism is OK, of course, but it's not any worse than ISIS-style zealotry, is it?

"Don't pay attention to this problem, instead pay attention to this problem that concerns me more"

A good attitude for getting nothing whatsoever done. Most recently widely deployed wherever marriage equality was entering a countrys legislature and a bigot wanted to say something without obviously being identifiable as a bigot.

Multiple problems can be engaged with.

"Don't pay attention to this problem, instead pay attention to this problem that concerns me more"

A good attitude for getting nothing whatsoever done. Most recently widely deployed wherever marriage equality was entering a countrys legislature and a bigot wanted to say something without obviously being identifiable as a bigot.

Sure, but I would expect graver problems to be prioritized, instead of obsessing over smaller ones.

Isn't that essentially what any charity or fundraising event does though? "Please give generously to 'Kittens with Motor Neurone'" or whatever. In and of itself this isn't a bad approach at all, and certainly isn't an attitude that gets nothing whatsoever done. People want to draw attention to things that matter to them, this is perfectly normal and understandable.

To write...

...right after writing...

Some people are more scared about what "SJWs" say than what the alt-right does.

...requires quite a lack of self-awareness, doesn't it?

To all of you: Nope.

Yes, grave problems deserve more attention than trivial ones, but I was criticizing the faux-concerned attitude that says zero progress should be made on smaller problems while larger ones exist. Its not actual concern, its delaying and misdirection.

An example vaguely relevant to this thread might be an islamophobe criticizing western feminists for not putting all their energy into womens rights in Saudi Arabia. The issue is real, the concern is not.

Sure, saying "There is a problem in Saudi Arabia, stop working on what you're working on and focus on that." is not fair, just as it's not fair to for example tell an MRA to stop focusing on the issues they're concerned with and instead focus on issues that females face. Everybody is allowed to focus on the things they find important, or are affected by, no matter what we might think about that.

But that's not at all what this thread is about, it is about active denial of the existence of problems. You can't for example say with any dignity that the west is racist, but at the same time act as if Antisemitism wasn't a common theme among the majority of Muslims in the world and whenever somebody says that call them an "Islamophobe".

To all of you: Nope.

Yes, grave problems deserve more attention than trivial ones, but I was criticizing the faux-concerned attitude that says zero progress should be made on smaller problems while larger ones exist. Its not actual concern, its delaying and misdirection.

An example vaguely relevant to this thread might be an islamophobe criticizing western feminists for not putting all their energy into womens rights in Saudi Arabia. The issue is real, the concern is not.
Yes, and usually we can do more about problems at our own backyard that halfway across the globe.

Still, the hypocrisy and selectiveness is sometimes too much to stomach. Like how European feminists spend most of their energy arguing about a (largely imaginary) gender pay gap while ignoring the large scale oppression of women in their own countries inside Islamic communities.

Top Bottom