Why are my cuirassiers called "Heavy Horsemen" ?

Berul

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

As title says : I'm playing Civ IV BtS v 3.1.9.0 with BAT Mod 4.1 installed and, for some reason, the units that everyone seems to refer to as "cuirassiers" are called "heavy horsemen" (or heavy horseman, rather, since the game doesn't use plural).

I'm talking about the ones you get with Military Tradition + Gunpowder, with 12 base strength...

Any idea please ?

My guess would be that you have engaged the BUG (part of BAT) mods unit naming system.

Hi everyone,

As title says : I'm playing Civ IV BtS v 3.1.9.0 with BAT Mod 4.1 installed and, for some reason, the units that everyone seems to refer to as "cuirassiers" are called "heavy horsemen" (or heavy horseman, rather, since the game doesn't use plural).

I'm talking about the ones you get with Military Tradition + Gunpowder, with 12 base strength...

Any idea please ?
That's because of the BAT mod. You may also note that Horse Archers are now "Horseman" and Macemen are now "Heavy Footman".

It's a BAT mod thing indeed - pretty sure it's tied to the graphic overhaul mod components. Ha..at least it is easier to say and spell :D

It's a BAT mod thing indeed - pretty sure it's tied to the graphic overhaul mod components. Ha..at least it is easier to say and spell :D
How so? Cuirassier is a relatively simple word.

But like its a word from French. French isn't a hard language to pronounce.

Top Bottom