Why are the decision popups gone in MP???

PendragonWRB

Prince
If we ignore the horrendus lag problem with sending all of the
game moves thru ONE server (DUHHHHH!!!!), whats with not
letting you know that your research is complete or your unit
has been built? How many times do I have to tell my cities
NOT to build the stupid Oracle? Its hard enough watching the
timer tick down, but having to look at each city to make sure
something stupid has not been queued up makes it unplayable.
Sure, make it an option to disable popups, but for those of us
who actually want to win a game, let us know about tech and
city production decisions with the popup so we can take a
moment to fix it.

Go to preferences and click the box that pops up after you finish something in a city.

Obviously you have not played the MP version. There is no
preference to turn popups back on. This is the MP forum and
this is a problem with the MP gaming.

Yes, this annoys me too. It would be helpful if you could queue science research in a non-linear way. You should be able to shift-click and set a desired research order (i.e. (1) - Masonry (2) - Pottery (3) - Warrior Code)

Regarding the city build queue, I couldn't find a way to turn off the autobuilding. But something that helps is contacting the governer and selecting never build great wonders, or never build small wonders. This will at least keep you from having to cancel the Oracle every turn. Furthermore, setting up your own build queue removes the annoyance of reselecting build items; a handy time-saver in games with a timer.

Originally posted by DukEngnr
It would be helpful if you could queue science research in a non-linear way. You should be able to shift-click and set a desired research order (i.e. (1) - Masonry (2) - Pottery (3) - Warrior Code)

Um... you can...

(this isn't new to PTW either...)

Originally posted by DukEngnr

Regarding the city build queue, I couldn't find a way to turn off the autobuilding. But something that helps is contacting the governer and selecting never build great wonders, or never build small wonders. This will at least keep you from having to cancel the Oracle every turn. Furthermore, setting up your own build queue removes the annoyance of reselecting build items; a handy time-saver in games with a timer.

Go to the 2nd page of the governor screen. You can set exactly what type of things you want the city to build and with what frequency.

Under preferences, de-select fewer multiplayer pop-ups ( I believe that's what it's called)

PTW's mp is terrible! You should read all the negative comments in the GamesSpy Arcade chat lobby. The excessive lag justifies returning the game for a refund. Not being able to select the next advance to research without going thru the advisors makes this game unplayable in a timed game. Also, not being able to select the next item to build in your cities without opening each city after it completes a build makes mp not worth playing a timed game! WHY DID THEY UNDO THESE FEATURES WHICH HELP MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE? People who work on these games should at least play it once!!!

Yea, I hate it too, the lag is way too bad, it took about 4 hours when the game said about 1 1/2 because it was going so slow, it is hard to sit down for 4 hours without having to do some things like chores.

Um, could we get a statement from Firaxis here that lack of
unit and research popups in MP is INDEED a BUG and will
be fixed in the MP patch?

Thanks,
PendragonWRB

Originally posted by PendragonWRB
Um, could we get a statement from Firaxis here that lack of
unit and research popups in MP is INDEED a BUG and will
be fixed in the MP patch?

Thanks,
PendragonWRB

Okay PendragonWRB, who do you think Mike B. Firaxis is?? Ask him.

UMMM, he did not ACKNOWLEDGE a bug, only stated that you
could schedule research non-linearly and completely ignored
the point of the thread....

well i am glad to see im not alone with this problem :(

Hello Firaxis? Is anybody out there? Killing contstruction popups
has not streamlined the game it has ruined it!!! Are we going
to get them back? Is the movement lag going to be fixed? How
about updating my screen with the move so I can move the
next unit rather than sitting there wondering if it took my move
while it updates the other players...

Top Bottom