Why Are There So Few Mods For Mac?

rover6695

Prince
For Civ6, I am finding it very hard to find many mods that work.
I liked in Civ5 playing as Israel, Canada, etc. I can’t find one that works for Civ6, any suggestions/reasons/hope this may change?

ATM any mod that work on PC should work on mac.

For Civ6, I am finding it very hard to find many mods that work.
I liked in Civ5 playing as Israel, Canada, etc. I can’t find one that works for Civ6, any suggestions/reasons/hope this may change?

I play on a Mac, and have no problem finding Mods that work on it. The "Mod Problem" at the moment is that Gathering Storm has broken quite a few older Mods, but they are broken on both PC and Mac: it's not a Mac-specific situation.

If you are looking for 'alternative Civilizations' to play, Gedemon (see above) has updated virtually all of his Civs and Alternate Leaders for GS. Sukritact also has several Mod Civs that he has updated. Just from these two prolific and extremely competent Modders I have been able to play as Ethiopia, Tibet. Burma, Gaul, and several Native American 'Civs' without any problems at all.

That would be Gedemo, not me, for the civs and leaders mods.

I haven't had any issues finding mods on Mac on steam. Just to confirm - you are talking the Apple Mac computers yes, not like the Apple iPad?

Civ 5 has more limits in terms of things like Vox Populi etc which change dlls and can only be used on windows.

That would be Gedemo, not me, for the civs and leaders mods.

My abject apologies. In my defense, you both know so much more about coding and recoding the game than I do that you are on the same far-off level above me . . .

I think I mis read, it seems the reason so many of the mods don't work is I guess because I don't have the most current game version.
Could that be it?

I think I mis read, it seems the reason so many of the mods don't work is I guess because I don't have the most current game version.
Could that be it?

Definitely. Every DLC/Expansion/Patch has the potential to mess with a Mod, so unless your are sure that the specific Mod has been updated for your version of the game it's a pure gamble whether the Mod will work.

Could that be it?

Why would your version not be the current version? The Mac version is up-to-date with the PC version.

And would this make so all kinds of other mods don’t work?

IF those Mods have been updated for Gathering Storm, it definitely could.

Could playing a previous version of CIv6, before gathering storm, also be why there are errors and reboots a lot when playing multiple player civ?

Could playing a previous version of CIv6, before gathering storm, also be why there are errors and reboots a lot when playing multiple player civ?

I guess I am getting confused by your use of the word 'version.' On the main menu screen of Civ 6, at the bottom, what version number do you see? It should look something like 1.0.0.xyz.

1.2.2 is the version number of Aspyr's app launcher for Civ. When you click the brown Play button and the blue screen with the sun animation on it comes up, what version number do you see at the bottom of that screen?

I'm a mac girl and played on my Mac for the first couple of years. It was always a bother. First mods would break when an update went in but would work for me because of the time lag between when PCs for the update and when macs got it. Then people updated their mods, and now they were broken for me with my un-updated game. Finally, I would get the update and all would be good.. for a little while. I swear I spent more time not being able to play the latest version with working mods then when I could. It was maddening.

That (plus work, so not just Civ6) I bought a PC. So now I have a mac, which I spend most of my time on, but I also have a PC, which I use to play Civ6, Aardwolf (a textbased game) and do work stuff on. Works for me!!

bottom line as far as the subject of this thread, I could run just about any mod, as long as it worked for whatever version I was able to play on my mac (which generally wasn't the most current version)

Top Bottom