Why are you so afraid, sir?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by benyar, Aug 20, 2011.

1. benyar

benyar Chieftain

I was playing a game earlier today, duel-king-east/west map, as Egypt (looking for a Diplomatic victory) against the Incas. At a point midway through the game, just as I set a chariot on their half of the map (later replaced by a swordsman), they expressed fear at my might. Somewhat puzzling, as my military advisor said we were roughly equivalent in power.

They bumped back to guarded for a little while when I completed the Louvre, but went back to afraid while my military advisor was sweating bullets -- their shore was teeming with infantry, mech infantry, and artillery while I sported longswordsmen and cavalry, with 3 battleships in the narrow sea between our lands.

I lost the game on time -- wasn't paying attention, lol -- but by rights they could have wiped me off of the map easily. Why be afraid of me at that skill level?

2. Misterboy

Misterboy Modern Major General

As much as I love Peru and the historical Incan empire, Pachacuti in Civ 5 seems to be completely insane militarily. He'll declare war on every Civ when he has no military. He'll backstab you when you're his only friend and he has 2 slingers to your 10 longswords.

There's your answer: he's insane.

And I love him.

3. Optional

Optional Deity

4. benyar

benyar Chieftain

Hmmm, indeed. Thanks for the link. I didn't search hard enough, I guess. :)