Why are Zulus expected to be the next DLC?

Jatta Pake

Warlord
Someone in another thread speculated that the Zulus will be the next DLC. What is the basis of this thought?

I still think a science based Korea will be next. Thoughts?

I think neither, but I can't say I know anything.

People expect the Zulu because they've been in every Civ game if I'm not mistaken. I think Songhai was meant to replace them as the aggressive African civ.

I think Korea could be a Civ, but I think information suggesting that was a mistake. In other words, the next Civ could be anyone. I'm still thinking the Celts or Carthage. That being said, a land builder Civ would make quite a lot of sense. In that regard, you could make a compelling case for Korea. But you could also make a case for the Mayans.

I haven't heard much of a peep from anyone about the Zulu making it in anytime soon. It would be a shame to have civ without Shaka wouldn't it? They'll get in there eventually as they are a world apart thematically from Songhai.

I don't expect them as next (although I'd be ok with that). My money is on Korea or Carthage also. I hope they come up with some good ideas for UUs. Numidian cavalry and impi are locks of course but I hope they are interesting to use.

I hope Zulus are next!. There's only 2 African civilizations!

Lets tally them up:

Americas: 4 (one DLC)
Asia: 9 (4 in the middle east, 2 DLC)
Europe: 8 (2 DLC)
Africa: 2
Oceania: 1 (Polynesia)

Total of 24 civilizations. No African DLC. Come to think about it, there wasn't even an Africa map on the Craddle of Civilization maps.

I haven't bought any DLC but if they add the Zulu I'm going to have to get them. Same with a punic wars scenario.

Whoever it will be, you can be assured it will be overpowered, to encourage people to buy it; just like babylon, spain, inca and danes. Meanwhile, civs like america, germany and ottomans remain so weak they are broken

I hope Zulus are next!. There's only 2 African civilizations!

Well, I'm hoping for Carthage, Ethiopia, and Moors (Almoravids). None of them are sub-Saharan Africa, though, that's true. Unfortunately, I don't think the Zulu are the greatest candidates. They have geography, yes, but I don't think that's the greatest requirement. Accomplishment should still be first.

It wouldn't really make sense to bring a warfare centered civ right after a warfare centered one. But that is just "gut logic" tbh ;-).

Korea seems like a good contender as there was the strong rumour which hasn't ben denied yet (right?). So even if they didn't plan to, the fuzz it created might be a reason for them to create it. Otherwise I think it more depends on the kind of scenario they want to create. Punic Wars sounds fun, where as both Ethiopia and Moors would be somehow mingled with Religion.

Because everyone hates Zulus as neighbors! Bring more haters! :mwaha:

SHAKA! ZULU! SHAKA! ZULU! SHAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyones favorite guy to hate!

Let's go for a civ no one's ever heard of. I recommend a Caribbean cargo cult.

Zulu are pretty cool for the microcosm of civilization they inhabited. I suppose their presence in the game is supposed to represent the culmination of Bantu migrations and they've become as iconic as Ghandi to CIV in my opinion.

The Zulus are Civ icons along with India and the Aztecs. I will never forget my Civ 2 game on Earth map where I faced a maddening race against time to capture the Aztec capital before the spaceship made it to Alpha centauri. I was based in the middle east and had conquered Europe and Africa. I loaded a nuke onto a carrier with a transport following. I was one turn away from stopping the Aztecs when I lost. One more turn and I would have nuked Monty and taken his capital. I sacrificed my entire navy fighting through montys forces in the Atlantic.

they're releasing mostly medieval civilizations as dlc, so i think they might make another classical one and go with carthage, another almost guaranteed civilization. i could see them as another financial civilization to rival the arabs. i'd also like to see mayans added sometime.

Whoever it will be, you can be assured it will be overpowered, to encourage people to buy it; just like babylon, spain, inca and danes. Meanwhile, civs like america, germany and ottomans remain so weak they are broken

Actually, they said balancing the civs is part of the next patch according to Dennis Shirker. And America and Ottomans are hardly broken, Ottomans UUs are so dang powerful that to strengthen their UA too much would make them OP. Germany needs some work done, I agree.

BTW, people go on about how powerful the DLC civs are, when none of them are a patch on Siam, Russia, Mongols or France. Those are the beasts, compared to them the Danes and Polynesians are downright tame.

Top Bottom