1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why aren't the DLC on sale?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by j51, Nov 10, 2017.

1. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

What's the deal with that? Steam is having a 2k sale. You'd at least think the old dlc like Poland and Vikings would be on sale. What gives?

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yeah, you would think some of the older ones should be. No idea. Hopefully they will be on sale during the Winter Sale.

3. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Oh, btw, It's an Aspyr sale. Still doesn't explain while the older stuff isn't on sale for mac users.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

A quick look shows that the DLC have only ever been on sale once, for 3 days, back in March.

5. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Perhaps sales have been low compared to base game sales, so they want to push people to buy them full price? I've only bought the Indonesia/Khmer DLC myself, holding out on the other ones to go on sale before buying them. I'm also surprised it hasn't happened yet.

6. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

I can't see why anyone would pay full price for the non-2 civ dlcs. I've only bought the persia/macedon one at full price, but would buy the khmer/indonesia when it's released for mac.

kaspergm likes this.
  7. Art Morte

Art Morte Prince

Haven't bought any of them, since I dislike the OP DLC civs. Don't want to play with them, so don't want to buy them. That said, I'm exactly the kind of person who might consider snapping one or two up if they were discounted, against my better judgement.

8. Panixs

Panixs Warlord

Remember they had to release the last two DLC's free for Deluxe edition owners as they screwed the pricing up in some places. They might not want to put the DLC on sale so soon after encase it opens that can of worms back up again.

9. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

^ This is the likely explanation IMO

I remember that sale, it was really odd - I mean they were essentially devaluing the deluxe edition before they had even released all four of the originally promised DLCs :lol: I actually wonder if there was some kind of miscommunication between Firaxis and Valve and the DLC wasn't intended to be reduced on that occasion in the first place.

10. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Part of the question is the value of immediate access versus waiting. I would think that 6 months or so of getting to play by either paying full price or buying deluxe would be reasonable before the patient hold-outs get a discount. But we'll see. I'm counting on the first two DLC going on sale for half off by the end of the year. We'll see...

11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

12. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

13. DonPato

DonPato Chieftain

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd buy any of the DLC even if they were on sale with the crazy amount of amazing user-made civs out there that are just as fun to play. You can get like 40 civs in the game that weren't made my Firaxis for free, so why pay for the DLC?

14. Frostburn

Frostburn Warlord

Any civs in particular that you'd recommend- preferably on the 'balanced' side? I don't have any DLC civs but the few that I checked out on steam seemed really OP

15. Art Morte

Art Morte Prince

They are ridiculously OP, that's why I haven't bought any of them. I know I'm sounding like such an old t**t, but looking at the game, I don't think new or different civs can add extra flavour to it, I think it needs AI and gameplay improvements.